The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

244 posts Page 14 of 17
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
I am up 2.5 lbs. Not sure why could be to do with my knee injury. I hope so. Any way i am not going to complete this challenge as it will be impossible to lose 7.5 lb in a week.
#8 105.8lbs which is within the maintenance range of 105-110lbs, so :cool:

February was so odd that I wondered if I'd be able to stay within my range (for the first time since reaching this maintenance range) but it's self-corrected, afaict.
Seems like the Xmas challenge is the only one I can manage.
I've maintained not lost any for any serious length of time. Maybe it's my turn to plateaux, who knows.
I'm admitting defeat with this challenge too. Haven't logged my weight for a while as I went from 10st 2 to 10st 7 in 2 weeks and I refused to accept it was possible. Anyway I haven't managed to get back down again so rather than a loss I've actually gained. I'm starting kettlebell exercises again, so hopefully things will start to get back on track soon. I just can't seem to get below 10 st. Whenever I get anywhere near I bounce back up again.

#23: loss of absolutely nothing.
This is the third time I've started this post - the other two just disappeared - please forgive me if they turn up somewhere. I'm back, and back on the challenge. Amazingly, a week in the US, where I breakfasted on pancakes at the IHOP every morning, has resulted in just one pound gained. As I put on two over a weekend with friends just a few weeks back, I'm a bit sceptical about this! This morning's weigh-in was 11st 12.5lbs so there's no way I'm going to make my Equinox target of 11st 9, but there is a possibility I might finish back to or even below my Xmas Challenge final weight of 11st 11.25, so that's my new target.
Don't give up - move the goalposts!
Hi @MaryAnn and all. Just popping into to let you know I have not deserted the forum. My elderly father was taken ill 5th March and we are waiting for his peaceful passing.
Today is my first fast for 11 days. As one does at times like these, I have been cooking comfort food (small portions though) for the family so it will be interesting to see if I'm still within my maintenance range when I weigh myself in the morning.
I am enjoying reading all the posts I have missed. I'll be back. Liz
Looking forward to seeing if I am back on track.. Will weigh tomorrow, after a very good fast day. Need to undo the effects of 3 good and rich meals on the weekend. I love this diet.. I think we should call it the "Gourmet Diet" as it allows you to eat gourmet at least 4 or 5 days a week. Or thats my take on it.
Well said Julianna xx
I have 1.5lb left to lose to complete my challenge but with the feast provided by my children ( and scoffed by me) today, I fear I may not manage it.
@WarriorPrincess, it sounds like you had a great holiday! And I totally agree about changing the goal posts. Doing the best we can is success!

@Lizbean, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My heart goes out to you and your family.

It seems like a few of us are struggling these past weeks. We can only do our best. It's a marathon, not a sprint, so we can't get too down on ourselves. Gambatte!
Hi @Maryann hakuna matata
I weighed 64.9 this morning. So I've gotten nowhere on the challenge, but at least I've mostly stayed between 63-65kg.

So… what will the next challenge be? Are we all challenged out? Anyone? [perhaps I should start a separate thread…]
MaryAnn wrote: So… what will the next challenge be? Are we all challenged out? Anyone? [perhaps I should start a separate thread…]
@MaryAnn - Thank you for keeping our stats updated so diligently.
Sending hugs to you @lizbean.
Thinking of you lots xx
@Hazelnut20 thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Love and light to you x
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
244 posts Page 14 of 17