The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

244 posts Page 12 of 17
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17 Next
Re: March Equinox Challenge
01 Mar 2015, 09:54
Well blow me down if I haven't just weighed myself (something I haven't done since 1 January!) I am now 12 stone. My goal is 11:11 so I'm not sure I'm going to make it. One things, for sure...I'm going to give it a darn good go!
By the way...I don't know what number I am and @Tracieknits? its fine eating windows...as long as they're chocolate windows! :confused:
01 Mar 2015, 12:06
After a ridiculous 2 weeks when I recorded 7 days of badly controlled calorie intake (aka uncontrolled eating!) and only 2 fast days, I weighed-in at 11st 12.5 yesterday morning. This amounts to a 4oz (113grams) weightloss in 2 weeks. The only impressive thing about this is it's a loss, not a gain.

2 hours after the miraculous weigh-in I was called to collect my son from uni ... and actually from hospital. Though he's here now and safe, he can't return till next term - that's 2 months time - and my holiday in the US, flying Thursday, may have to be cancelled. And I spent yesterday comfort-eating my way to the Uni & through the hours waiting in the hospital. Fasting today to get back on track, but my planned fast on Tuesday is likely to be disrupted by needing to return to the Uni to meet with college authorities & clear my son's room. One silver lining, I guess - no holiday may mean more chance to stick to the 5:2 & reach my Equinox goal.

Not at my most positive today!
01 Mar 2015, 13:09
I heard my name, @Nursebean! Yes, I think I could eat chocolate windows. I've been trying to rein things in, but being presented with chocolate windows would likely do me in.
01 Mar 2015, 14:40
@WarriorPrincess so sorry to hear you have been blindsided! I hope you and your son are ok. :clover:
20 days left - that's 6 fasts for me. @nursebean love the blinking baby beans :wink: and your determination!
26 calling in: maintaining at 125.2lbs this week.
@wildmissus I don't think I would have been able to lose using windows either. Perhaps the change will help you succeed with your fasts this week (and lose that water gain). Fingers crossed :clover:
Wishing you all a good week ahead :clover:
I hope everything is ok, @WarriorPrincess.

Yes, @Lizbean, just under three weeks left! You maintainers all seem to be doing very well. And quite a few "losers" are getting close to their goal. Come on, we can do it!
hoping everyone is doing good! wish you all the best :)
Oh dear @WarriorPrincess that does sound stressful. Hope all is soon well.

I doubt I'll hit my target, because I'm hovering around, but not trending downwards and next week we have a trip across the country for family time... a funeral, then fun for a couple of days with my 8month old granddaughter (oh and my daughter and son in law). Maybe I should just admit to being a maintaineer!
Hugs to @WarriorPrincess sounds as though you've had a traumatic time. Hope your son is ok now. :heart:
I can't believe we've only got 3 weeks left. THREE WEEKS?!!! Not sure I can lose 3lbs in that time. I...might...just...do it!!
Good luck everyone! :wink:
PANIC !!!
Not sure I am going to do it either @nursebean but I am going to give it my all :grin:
Haven't been checking in because my trend line has been going in the wrong direction. I am "white-knuckled" hanging on to where I started this challenge and today I am back to the start line :confused: . So getting to goal which is about 9 pounds from here looks pretty unlikely. Going to keep trying and will check in on Mar. 21 (also my birthday :wink: ) to let you know how I did.
It has been said that I don't mince my words, so, in brief, this challenge has gone "tits up" for me.

I have regained weight since the D&V bug and haven't got back into fasting and exercise again so am currently 14 st 11.

However, this is not the end of the world, no-one has died and I will get a grip again very soon!

Well done to everyone who is on a downward trajectory!

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
@Madcatlady I don't do tits up either :like: :clover: :heart: :victory: Just draw the challenge in if it's weighing too heavy?
Weighed in at the weekend, 100g less than last month, now 64,7 kg. Nothing amazing but I'm pretty happy to have maintained steadily, even if I would like to get lower within my maintenance range. The yoga has not gone to plan at all :(
#12 checking in .. I have stayed the same again despite being really good :cry:
Although the scales aren't budging they are telling me my body fat is going down...

But I don't think I am going to manage 5 pounds by the 21st :-(
Still hanging in there, but not setting the world on fire! I won't update my weight until the 20th now. Still holding out hope that I'll make my goal of 5 lbs lost! I'll let you know!
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17 Next
244 posts Page 12 of 17