The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

373 posts Page 19 of 25
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25 Next
My 4th and FINAL attempt to post on the forum today. If this one doesn't post I give up and will probably just read and give up on posting. It's just too frustrating and takes all the fun out of trying to write here when I have to do it over and over, and over.... And yes, over.....

I hit a big goal today, I'm afraid all my enthusiasm for sharing it got lost in the first 3 missing posts. I've lost 4 stone.

Good luck all.
@Jayegirl wow thats a marvellous achievement! You should be on cloud nine and walking on air! X
@jayegirl well done on the 4 stone, and by the way you did get 3 posts on this thread today; is the problem that you can't see them after you hit Submit?
Hi, @JayeGirl. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Congratulations on the four stone lost - fifty six pounds is a huge achievement! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
On your other point - I find that if I remain on the page after hitting submit until my post shows, then I don't lose it. If you are too eager to move onto another page then it can get lost very easily. The other thing that I do, especially when I have written a long post, is to copy it before hitting 'submit'. If it posts, then there is nothing lost, but if it fails to appear, you can always just paste it into a new 'post a reply 'page. Hope this helps to ease your frustration! :smile:
@Jayegirl wonderful news - many congratulations to you and well done, 4 stone loss is awesome and I'm loving your excitement! :like: :victory:
Oh and I also wait for the post to show before moving on - and if a long post I copy it just in case.
So before we started this challenge, I was yo-yo-ing by a pound or 2 every week. I started the challenge and lost 6 pounds in a month. Then I took a break from fasting and started this workout/clean eating program at my gym and I'm yo-yo-ing again :frown:
I just can't seem to break through to get to the 140s and it's pissing me off. I have 1 more week on this program at my gym. I admit that I haven't been as strict as I should be (I mean, I ate my weight in sushi last night, lol). So this final week I'm going to be an angel and I think I will add 1 fasting day in there. I just want to see 149, darn it! On the other hand, I am enjoying this clean eating thing. I just FEEL healthier. I also feel stronger. I'm definitely getting more muscle definition. I think I just need patience.

Start: 156.6 lbs
Week1: 154.4
Week 2: 153.8
Week 3: 152.8
Week4: 151.4
Week5: 150.4
Week6: 151.8
Week7: 151.4
Week8: 150.6
Hi @SammyIAm, I hear your frustration and understand that it is nice to see certain numbers on the scales. But it is also good when you feel that you are doing the right thing by yourself and your body - and maybe that is more important than one number on the scales (given that we know water weight and body waste can make the scales vary by several pounds). Anyway, best wishes for achieving your goal. :)

Re the problem with posts, if I know I am going to write a long reply, I write it first in Notes on the iPad, as this is FAR more stable than the forum website... Also means that I can work on it at different times - tho that sometimes means I end up not posting it!! And @JayeGirl, you must feel so pleased - how inspiring. Congrats! :D
I have tended to report here on Fridays. It didn't happen this Friday, sorry. I was heavy, 54kg, maybe I felt ashamed too. Anyway I was traveling away from m y computer and when I got back it did not work.. My wonderful husband has fixed it again, and here I am. On a Sunday weighing 53.5kg. I am doing a window fasting, every day now, until 13.8, when the next lot of guests arrive. My window starts at 15:00 and ends at 18.30. The weight loss has been slow, but the fasting more manageable. I guess it is a matter of figuring out what method functions at different occasions. My maintenance goal is 52,3 kg ... we'll see where I'll be at, at the end of August!!! :dunno:
Thanks @sassy1. I know I shouldn't focus on the scales but it's so hard not to! But anyway, I did it!!!!! Today I am finally in the 140s! 149.4 to be exact. lol. I know I'll probably be back in the 150s like tomorrow but just seeing this number is so motivating! I'm a happy girl. Congrats to all the rest of you who are kicking this challenge's butt! :)
66.7. I'm surprised to find myself happy about this, but given the 68.x I've been seeing lately…

I have to look back at where I started for the challenge. I don't think I've gotten very far!

edit: 67. So not very far. But down is better than up, ne? Also I was supposed to be going to the gym 4-5 times a week. I think it's been more like 3-4, but that's not bad...
I am posting here, because I am not sure I am allowed in 'fasting today' section. It sure feels like I am fasting today. 53.3 kg this morning so this window fasting is working slowly. 16 days left. If you get annoyed at me reporting such low kg readings and still fasting, let me tell you that I am 5"2, under 160 cm and small boned! I guess we all come in different shapes and sizes. I am also in Maintenance, so thanks to 5:2 fasting that I am no heavier. My weight was just going up and up before I found this method 3 years ago. :lol:
I am trying now to be even stricter with myself, having re-read some of The Fast 5 Diet book. And there ought to be no dark chocolate snacks allowed when the window is closed....
One more hour to go before our afternoon walk. We are finding wonderful mushrooms in the forest these days. And the it is allowed snack time, break-fast time, at 15:00.
Thank you for letting me write here and passing some of that waiting time.. :smile:
Margotsylvia wrote: I am posting here, because I am not sure I am allowed in 'fasting today' section. It sure feels like I am fasting today. 53.3 kg this morning so this window fasting is working slowly. 16 days left. If you get annoyed at me reporting such low kg readings and still fasting, let me tell you that I am 5"2, under 160 cm and small boned! I guess we all come in different shapes and sizes. I am also in Maintenance, so thanks to 5:2 fasting that I am no heavier. My weight was just going up and up before I found this method 3 years ago. :lol:
I am trying now to be even stricter with myself, having re-read some of The Fast 5 Diet book. And there ought to be no dark chocolate snacks allowed when the window is closed....
One more hour to go before our afternoon walk. We are finding wonderful mushrooms in the forest these days. And the it is allowed snack time, break-fast time, at 15:00.
Thank you for letting me write here and passing some of that waiting time.. :smile:

@margotsylvia, nobody is going to get bored with you reporting small losses. You are among a group of people who understand how really hard it is to lose a little and also how hard it is to keep it lost. Well done!"
Hugs to you all and group cheer for overcoming all adversities and still BEING HERE!
I have inched (is that the right word? Centimetered sounds so wrong!) below 10st again.... only just but still... below.
Where will we all be in 5 weeks? Hang on in there.
Back from holiday mainly using the bicycle to enjoy the countryside. Started this challenge on 63 with the aim of maintaining. Now on 62, so bring on August :cool:
Dear everybody, I am fasting again until 15:00. finding it hard, because I have put on the weight I lost yesterday. I know, I know, daily fluctuations do occur. Must be also the creamy mushroom sauce we had last night. Thank You Barbarita for your very kind reply to me! I did write to you a long private message telling you all about myself, but then this machine said that no such person exists. I could not have spelled you wrong, because I went through your page...
I would not have written here again, either, had not our Dutch gentleman, opened this site again. I am no computer geek. Don't do face book etc. But I love this fast Forum. It keeps me going when the going gets tough. :smile:
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 25 Next
373 posts Page 19 of 25