The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

93 posts Page 6 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Sounds like a great weekend Chickvic!
I've also been enjoying rather too much, so back fasting with you guys today.
Does anyone have thoughts on how to carry on/forget 5:2 while on holiday?
I'm thinking that I may as well enjoy food on holiday, then resume 5:2 when home.
I am sitting here drinking my fast meal. A yummy watermelon, lime and mint juice. Delish!!!!

I am on hols from Sat but I am going to try to fit in two fasts every week. I think if I didnt I personally might not be able to get back into it.
I am fasting too...Now only 2 weeks for holiday where we are going to Malta for 2 weeks :cool: . trying to loose a little bit more before that. Until now loss is 13,8 kilo in 15 weeks :victory: ..
Well, I was fasting today but my son came home just before lunchtime and said that he was in for dinner, so my husband and I have abandoned our fast for today and will do it tomorrow instead! Good luck to all of you who are still fasting. I hope that the rest of your day goes well!
I'm new to the forum, hoping to shore up my intention to fast Mondays and Thursdays. I'm in for today's fast too. Cheers everyone.
I'm doing fast number 9 today. Finding it harder than usual but I'll get through it.
It is now gone six in the evening and I will prepare our chicken salad soon. All I have had today is black coffee, water and five cherries. I only had the cherries because a friend picked off her tree and it seemed churlish to refuse them. I will be well within my 500 kcals. A good first day back.
Pamelasockgirl wrote: I'm worried how I'm going to lose weight if I eat what I want tomorrow. Does your appetite change?

I find that my appetite does change. But more importantly, my body wants smaller serving sizes. So I might eat all the things I was craving, but eat fewer bites of them before I am full. So as long as you are not a plate cleaner (always empty the plate, even if ful) you'll be OK.

I wanted to add that I'm on fast #6 today. Finding it much easier than some of my other fast days. Hoping for a drop on the scale tomorrow. (Of course that doesn't always happen. Sometimes I have to wait longer. But I always hope.)
I'm in today - not eating until dinner, but also feeling like maybe dinner may be out too... will have to see how I feel tonight. So far, so good. Staying positive, busy and I'll eat it tomorrow is on my mind.

Still haven't located a scale to see how I'm doing, but this is my 16th week, and hopefully I've lost a little weight! I feel like I'm a little lighter, but unsure, and the measurements seem to be going up and down, so it's difficult to tell how I'm doing really. Riding my bike today as well, which is making my legs quite shapely. :)

Good luck everyone! :clover:
Sipping my beef broth and passion tea and feeling all pround of myself. Managed 5,000 steps before I left for work. Monday is also my weigh day...WooHoo, dropped two lbs! I knew if would happen, had hit a few weeks of plateau, but stuck with it and received my validation.

Just want to shout from the roof tops how wonderful this WOL is!
Well, as I predicted this morning, I have had my hardest ever fast day :(. I am off work for the summer (work in a school), so am finding it hard to fast at home rather than at work. And it has been too darned hot to do much in the way of housework or gardening to take my mind off it. My friend came round to sample my cupcakes, and I sat and watched her eat one, and managed not to to have one too, but it was hard, Mid afternoon I had real hunger pangs, and nearly made my self a peanut butter sandwich, but instead I put a DVD on, had a glass of water and a slice of ham, and tackled the ironing mountain. It is now 9.30pm, and I am going to have to go to bed soon or I will eat! It has been so hard today, but I have managed, so I suppose it has been a success. I hope the next one is easier again. :(
Hi everyone!

Today is my second fast day. One part of the day went well but I messed another part up.

I had my usual coffee this morning: one cup of skim milk with nespresso and 1 splenda. That's when I remembered it was fasting day...."Darn! I just wasted 80 calories!" :curse:

So I waited until noon and had half a grapefruit, a flour tortilla (weight watchers) a slice of low fat cheese, and 2 slices of lean ham. Then I had my next meal at 4:30. This time I had my 2nd meal earlier than last time to avoid the terrible headache I had experienced. I had a grilled tuna steak and roasted mediterranean vegetables. It was yummy. And water.

Up until that moment I had used up my 500 cal. Obviously by 7pm I was hungry and had some non-fat yogurt, which was 80 cals (that darn coffee!). So I think planning my meals this way works for me. I can skip that morning coffee (on fast days only!), which is what I should have done, but I forgot. So end result for the day: 580 cals. A little overboard but, still, not bad and I do not feel at all as terrible as I felt on my first fast day.

I just might make this work for me!

Love to read all your posts too...it keeps me inspired!
@ Heucherella - well done that girl, a big pat on the back in the face of adversity

@ MelissaV - well done to you too, another pat on the back - 80 cals over is not worth worrying about, think how many you would have eaten if not fasting :shock:
Well its 10.20 and I'm heading to bed for a read before sleep - reading The Other Boleyn Girl, very good and the film's nothing like it.

I foolishly decided this afternoon that since it was warm (but not too hot!) and I was at a loose end I would made some rosemary and sea salt focaccia, to get ahead for friends coming on Thursday (I'll freeze it then ewarm through) - foolish as it is impossible to make warm fresh herby bread without physically drooling and wanting to eat the whole lot in one go. I had out of interest worked out the calories so I saved myself a slice to accompany my salad that rocked in at around 150 cals. I had a yummy olive and salsa salad with some slices of roast pork loin (from a packet I'm afraid but very nice - Aldi do some nice cooked meats, esp the Bavarian ham) and the bread at around 6pm and I am still not hungry, even though I have only had around 400cals

Almost all my previous fast day meals have been low carb - I've followed the low carb mantra on fast days to a t, and I've been ravenous shortly after my meal. Now, having consumed a chunk of white-flour carbtastic BREAD I have felt full (not bloated) and satisfied and not like I want to raid the cupboards for chocolate, which is what is supposed to happen. And crucially, I will probably sleep better. Still gonna have my bedtime oatcake with my peppermint tea - can't be too careful!!
I fasted today, trying to shift some recently gained weight! Using myfitnesspal for today and having clocked everything I ate today 600 cals. Breakfast Shape shake, I cooked the beet root soup from the book for lunch very nice and only 82 cals; drunk loads of water during the day and finished the day with 2egg omelette & Brocoli . And plain yogurt. During the day had snack 5 green olives and Jordan bar 145 cals.
Looking back probably didn't need the bar, but felt I need a crunchy food.

Hope I have done ok, any advise would be greatly received.
I am hoping to do another day tomorrow - is that right, to do a fast days together?

One thing I did notice it was nice to feel hungry!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
93 posts Page 6 of 7