The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

268 posts Page 3 of 18
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 Next
Friday Jan 19
Weight: 171.5 :smile:
Eating Window: Not sure :frown:
Calories: 1284 :smile:
Net Carbs: 187 :dazed:
Water/tea: 5? :neutral:
Steps: 7560 :neutral:
Other Exercise: none

I didn't have time to post yesterday, so I'm catching up today! After a long week, I caved in to eating golden grahams that the kids had for breakfast, thereby killing my eating window! I also had a pretty high carb day, but the calories weren't too bad. I did enjoy all of it, I must say! Ironically the scale was down on Saturday morning!
Saturday Jan 20
Weight: 171.9 :neutral:
Eating Window: 12-7ish :smile:
Calories: ???
Net Carbs: ???
Water/tea: 4 :frown:
Steps: 8436 :neutral:
Other Exercise: 2 mile walk

Yesterday I went to the UConn (the college I went to) basketball game. I had to leave the house pretty early and we went out for a late lunch/dinner afterwards. It was too hard to really count calories/carbs. I did manage to squeeze in a 2 mile walk beforehand. And I was considering eating breakfast, but just didn't have enough time, so I managed to stick with my eating window. I splurged a little on food, but try to make some decent choices. At the game I had a cheeseburger, but didn't get fries. At the Italian restaurant we went to, I did have bread and I had butternut squash ravioli, but I ordered a salad with it, so I didn't eat the whole thing. I also didn't drink any alcohol all day. The scale is up a little today, but that's to be expected.

Today I'm going to get a walk in and later am going out to watch the Patriots game. I will try to make some good choices there. It might be a little bit harder. Hopefully I can repair any damage on Monday!
Hi @cblasz

I obviously didn't make myself very clear in my last post! I meant that your rate of loss does appear to be about a pound a week (tho you say not??) which is what to expect if you were doing 5:2. I do realize that you are doing 16:8. :grin:

Keep up the good work! :clover:
I lost 2 lbs. the first week, but have hardly lost anything since.
Sun Jan 21
Weight: 171.1 :smile:
Eating Window: ???
Calories: 1938 :frown:
Net Carbs: 143 :neutral:
Water/tea: 3 :frown:
Steps: 1525
Other Exercise: none

Yesterday, I ended up feeling kind of sluggish, so it took me a while to get going in the morning. Since, I also had a lot of work to do, I decided not to go out to watch the game. I didn't get a walk in either. But I did splurge on food a little at home during the game. So, after 3 days of relatively high carbs and higher calories and not much water, the scale was down! :?: I don't really get it, but maybe it's just a delay from my good eating during the week. I am happy about it and hope it holds until my official weigh in tomorrow!
Mon Jan 22
Weight: 171.1 :smile: - Weekly WI
Eating Window: 12:30-7:30 :smile:
Calories: 1144 :smile:
Net Carbs: 94 :smile:
Water/tea: 7 :smile:
Steps: 9409 :smile: (so close to 10K)
Other Exercise: 20 min. walk

Good day yesterday and the scale stayed the same, for a 1/2 lb. loss for the week. Not bad, but I'd like to start increasing that a bit. It's rainy here today, so probably no walk outside. But I am going to go to the mall for a few things, so I should be able to get in some steps there at least.

My goal for the week is to continue focusing on my eating windows, keeping them to 8 hours, 7 if possible.
Tues Jan 23
Weight: 170.9 :smile:
Eating Window: 11:30-7:30 :smile:
Calories: 1140 :smile:
Net Carbs: 116 :neutral:
Water/tea: 5 :neutral:
Steps: 7836 :neutral:
Other Exercise: none :frown:

Ok day yesterday, not great. Those extra carbs snuck up on me somehow! I also seem to have trouble getting my water/tea in at night, so I'll probably work on that next week. The scale did go down again though, so that's good!
Weds Jan 24
Weight: 170.6 :smile:
Eating Window: 12:15-7:15 :smile:
Calories: 1304 :neutral:
Net Carbs: 105 :neutral:
Water/tea: 6 :neutral:
Steps: 8698 :neutral:

Average day, not fabulous, but ok. Scale was down again. Hope I don't screw it up over the weekend!
Thurs Jan 25
Weight: 170.4 :smile:
Eating Window: 12:00-7:00 :smile:
Calories: 1263 :neutral:
Net Carbs: 92 :smile:
Water/tea: 5 :neutral:
Steps: 7697 :neutral:

Still doing well. I really think that tracking EVERYTHING and reporting it is really what works for me (unfortunately!) Donating blood today, I hope my iron passes! This weekend I don't have too much going on. I'm going to a Trivia Night party tomorrow night, which I'm excited about. There's going to be all sorts of snacks though, which is kind of challenging, and drinks of course. But I'll try to be extra good during the day, so it's not too bad. Sunday I have plans to go to the movies with my sister-in-law and possibly dinner afterwards, but that should be ok. Planning/hoping to get exercise in both days!

Hope everyone who reads this has a great weekend!
Fri Jan 26
Weight: 169.3 :grin:
Eating Window: 12:30-7:00 :smile:
Calories: 1276 :neutral:
Net Carbs: 113 :neutral:
Water/tea: 7 :neutral:
Steps: 9224 :bashful: (so close!)

Well, I'm very excited that the scale has gone below 170 again! As I said yesterday, I hope I can maintain it over the weekend. Giving blood was a bust - my iron was just a slight bit too low. :frown: But, I've made a new appointment and will try again. In addition to probably not eating enough foods with iron, supposedly tea interferes with iron absorption, and I drink A LOT of tea!

I'm going to be making cookies to bring to the party tonight. I don't think I'll be able to avoid trying one (to make sure they are ok, of course :razz: ) , so I will cheat on my no sweets a bit. I've still been doing so good with that, but I think the very occasional exception is ok, unlike last year when I was making an exception all weekend!

So I'm going to head out soon to get in a walk/run and do some errands, which will hopefully prevent me from eating until at least noon!
Sat Jan 27
Weight: Forgot to weigh myself first thing this morning. :?:
Eating Window: 1:00-9:00 :smile:
Calories: Didn't keep track last night
Net Carbs: Didn't keep track
Steps: 10,518+ :smile:
Other Exercise: 3 mile (mostly) walk :smile:

I had a pretty good day yesterday, got in my walk, waited to eat (even though I was "starving" by then!) and only at one test cookie. I had some of the snacks at the party, but only one beer and no desserts at the party. AND my team won 1st place in Trivia!! :party:

It's rainy this morning, but I'm hoping it will clear up after I do some work to get out for another walk. Headed to the movies this afternoon. I'm not a big fan of popcorn, so that won't be a problem! :lol:
Scale is up again this morning at 170.5, as is to be expected after the weekend. The rest of the stats I either didn't track or they aren't worth mentioning. Yesterday was an "off" day. But I'm back on track today. Hopefully the scale will go back down for my weekly WI tomorrow, after a good day today!
Mon Jan 29
Weight: 171.5 :cry:
Eating Window: 12:00-8:00 :smile:
Calories: 910 (estimate)
Net Carbs: 93 :smile:
Steps: 6309 :frown:

I was very disappointed that the scale was up today, it was even higher than last week's weigh in. However, I did not have a stellar day yesterday. Instead of making the dinner I had planned, I had leftover pizza. I'm sure the calories and carbs are probably more than I estimated.

I was reviewing my weekly weigh ins and it appears that waiting until Tuesday isn't really benefiting me after all, so I've decided to go back to Mondays start this week and count yesterday's weigh in as my weekly weigh in. It makes me feel much better about the week and since it's almost the end of the month, the month! I like starting the week on Monday better anyway. I am still a little disappointed in my weight loss for the month, but I'm getting there I guess.

This week I'm going to focus on getting in enough water. I think it really makes a difference. I want to get in 7 glasses of water or tea in at a minimum.
Tues Jan 30
Weight: 171.9 :frown:
Eating Window: :frown:
Calories: 1368 :frown:
Net Carbs: 135
Steps: 7247 :neutral:

Yesterday we had a snow delay, so that threw me off a bit. Also, my period is due this week, so that is affecting things. My calories and carbs were a little high yesterday and the scale is up today. But I met my water goal! I'm confident things will get better later in the week.

It's January 31st so my "free trial" month is over. I feel like I've gotten a pretty good start, but I'm going to try to "step" it up in February!
Weds Jan 31
Weight: 170.4 :smile:
Eating Window: 12-9 :neutral:
Calories: 1164 :smile:
Net Carbs: 110 :neutral:
Steps: 10874 :smile:

Scale is back down! I had a good day yesterday, although it was tough. I had to go to Dunkin Donuts to buy a gift card and it took everything I had not to get a donut. And then when I was doing my work at Barnes & Noble, I was very tempted by all of their desserts. But I resisted and had a few squares of dark chocolate instead!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 Next
268 posts Page 3 of 18