The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

268 posts Page 4 of 18
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18 Next
Thurs. Feb 1
Weight: 170.7 :neutral:
Eating Window: 12-7 :smile:
Calories: 1220 :neutral:
Net Carbs: 132 :frown:
Water/tea: 5 :frown:
Steps: 7991 :neutral:
Other Exercise: none :frown:

A little high on calories/carbs, low on water. I should do better today. Saturday, I'm going skiing, so that should be helpful! But then of course I'm going to a Super Bowl party on Sunday, which will be less helpful! :grin: Maybe they will even out!
Fri. Feb 2
Weight: 170.3 :neutral:
Eating Window: 12:30-8 :smile:
Calories: 1284 :frown:
Net Carbs: 118 :frown:
Water/tea: 5 :frown:
Steps: 7829 :neutral:

Sat Feb 3
Weight: 169.5 :smile:
Eating Window: 11:00-7 :smile:
Calories: 1069 :smile:
Net Carbs: 120 :smile:
Water/tea: 6 :neutral:
Steps: 10826 :smile:
Other Exercise: skiing :smile:

Went skiing yesterday and even managed to stick with my eating window! I'm VERY tired and sore today. I'm going to try to drink lots of water because I'm sure my muscles are retaining a lot right now. I am going to the Superbowl party later, but will try not to eat/drink too much! I probably won't try to track today though. Scale is back under 170 and I'm hoping to keep it there!

Have a good Sunday!
I don't have any stats for yesterday, but the scale is up a bit to 170.8, both from yesterday and last week. But I guess that's to be expected after eating and drinking until kinda late last night. Hopefully this week will be better!
Mon Feb 5
Weight: 171 :neutral:
Calories: 1206 :neutral:
Net Carbs: 145 :frown:
Water/tea: 4 :frown:
Steps: 7815 :neutral:

The scale is up a bit again. Unfortunately I had to go to the grocery store after work yesterday and I was very tired and so I got these popcorner chips and ended up eating too many of them in the car on the way home! But in general, I have to start being stricter and meeting those daily goals, at least M-F. Hopefully when I start getting more exercise in that will help too. I seem to be doing an ok job of maintaining my weight, but I really want to start losing!!
Tues Feb 6
Weight: 170 :neutral:
Eating Window: 12:30-7 :smile:
Calories: 1003 :smile:
Net Carbs: 81 :smile:
Water/tea: 7 :smile:
Steps: 9604 :smile:

Good day yesterday. Today I have another snow day. I'm really happy about it, because I have a ton of stuff to do, but I hope I can make it until lunch without eating!
Weds Feb 7
Weight: 169.6 :smile:
Eating Window: 9-6 :frown:
Calories: 1522 :frown:
Net Carbs: 149 :frown:
Water/tea: 5 :neutral:
Steps: 2798 :frown:

As suspected yesterday was not a good day diet-wise! Being home all day made it hard and the stupid popcorners that I had bought were still there. The scale is down, but I suspect it will catch up to me tomorrow. Even though it wasn't a great day, it's still better than if I weren't trying at all. I did run out to the store and part of me wanted to get ice cream or something like that and I did not! Also, I've been really trying to get in more iron as I'm going to try to give blood again on Friday and with all the food I ate yesterday I got in 62% of the RDA, which is huge for me! I'm usually around 30!
Thurs Feb 8
Weight: 169.4 :smile:
Eating Window: 12-9 :neutral:
Calories: 1265 :neutral:
Net Carbs: 107 :neutral:
Water/tea: 6 :smile:
Steps: 7707 :neutral:

Not a bad day and the scale is staying down, which is nice. I don't drink coffee, so I drink a lot of tea and I love chai lattes from Starbucks. But it's amazing how much they affect my stats. My calories and carbs would be both be under my goal if I didn't have one yesterday! But they are a comfort/treat for me, so I've restricted myself to no more than 2 a week. I do wish I liked coffee sometimes!! :confused:

I'm going to try to give blood again tonight, I really hope my iron passes!
Friday Feb 9
Weight: 168.6 :smile:
Eating Window: 12:30-7:30 :smile:
Calories: 1405 :frown:
Net Carbs: 169 :frown:
Water/tea: 6 :smile:
Steps: 8626 :neutral:

Scale is down today, which is kinda weird because I had 2 higher calorie/carb days this week. But I'm not complaining! I did pass my iron test yesterday, very well actually! My blood pressure was a little high (for me, not in general) and I realized that I'm really not exercising that much. I was going to get out for a walk this morning, but I have lunch plans at noon and it was just going to be too rushed. I hope to get it in later, but it is supposed to rain. I just need to get back into a routine again!

I'm going to this tea place for lunch that I've been to before. It involves tea (of course!), scones, sandwiches and dessert. This morning I was looking at the menu and I have to say I kinda felt like I didn't really need the dessert. Now I could totally change my mind when I get there of course, and will probably treat myself if I do. But it's interesting that I'm not craving it as much!

Now that I'm thinking about it, I supposed the scale could be down a little due to the pint of blood I donated!!

I don't have any other social plans for the weekend right now, so I should be able to eat well the rest of the weekend and we'll see how the scale is on Monday!

Have a great weekend!
Sat Feb 10
Weight: 168.8 :smile:
Eating Window: 12:30-8:30 :smile:
Calories: 1729 :frown:
Net Carbs: 147 :neutral:
Water/tea: 5 :neutral: :smile:
Steps: 3300 :frown:

Well, my calories were pretty high, but the carbs weren't too bad for a Saturday. I knew it would be kind of a high calorie day. I did end up having dessert, because it came with the meal. We split carrot cake and a chocolate cupcake. The carrot cake was good, but the chocolate cupcake wasn't that great, so I only ate half of my half! It was a really dismal, rainy day, so after the grocery store, I kinda came home and did nothing much.

I should have a good eating day today as I have no plans, but plenty to do today. It is still raining, but I'm really hoping for a break this afternoon so I can get a walk in.
Sun Feb 11
Weight: 169.9 :neutral: - Weekly WI
Eating Window: 8-6
Calories: 1037 :smile:
Net Carbs: 102 :neutral:
Steps: 3093 :frown:

Well, I guess maybe my overindulging on Saturday caught up with me today. I was really hoping to be closer to 169 this morning, but at least I am under 170. I hope I can keep it there. It's taken me 6 weeks to lose 4.5 lbs, but I just gotta keep at it, I guess!

I have a busy week with meetings at night and then next weekend I'm off Friday, Monday and Tuesday. So, this will be an interesting week. It does look like the weather is going to be dryer and warmer, so I'm going to focus on getting my daily walks in at work and then get walks in over the weekend.
Mon Feb 12
Weight: 168.3 :?:
Eating Window: 12-6 :smile:
Calories: 590 :smile:
Net Carbs: 74 :smile:
Water/tea: 4 :frown:
Steps: 7158 :neutral:
Other Exercise: none

Well, I sort of unintentionally fasted yesterday. It was cold in my classroom all day and I wasn't feeling great, so I didn't go to the meeting I was planning to go to (not required) and came home and got in bed to warm up! I planned to get up again to eat, but that didn't happen. So the scale is down today, but hard to tell if that's really accurate. And I ate breakfast this morning, because I wasn't sure if I could go THAT long without eating! I tried to walk yesterday too, but it was colder than it was supposed to be. I'm not sure if today will be much better, but I'll try again.
Hey CB,

Short of my scanning your 1,000+ posts, have you ever considered a zero-calorie fast day? Or a two day (fluids only) full fast? Since you've Friday, Monday, Tuesday off it'd be a thing to consider for say, a Friday-Saturday or a Sunday-Monday combination. A new "hurdle" like this may be all that's needed to break a frustrating plateau.
Hi @ADFnFuel - thank you for taking the time to read my thread and offer advice. (It's only about 50 posts, but over 1000 views!) I'm not really great at the all day fast thing, which is why I've switched to eating windows. This weekend we have off for our February break (I don't normally have those days off) so I have a lot of social plans that will involve eating. I'm not really so much at a plateau, as the weight loss is slower than I'd like. Some of it is due to my age and some because I do allow myself some splurges on weekends. I'm hoping that as the weather gets a little better I'll get back into a good exercise routine and that will help too.

The tracking and posting every day is really helping me just be aware and accountable for what I do every day. I'm hoping to figure out what works best for me.

But I do appreciate that people are reading my posts and happy to consider any advice!
Tues Feb 13
Weight: 169.5 :neutral:
Eating Window: n/a
Calories: 1442 :frown:
Net Carbs: 140 :frown:
Steps: 7818 :neutral:

High calorie/carb day yesterday. It started with breakfast and then after my meeting I was pretty hungry so I had a frozen meal, followed by some chocolate hummus and chips. I realize that I'm starting to have too many of these "high" days during the week. So after my mini-break this weekend, I really have to be more strict during the week. Today I should be pretty good, although not sure if I'll treat myself to something for Valentine's day. But, even still I should be able to stay within my limits. Supposed to be warm today, so really hoping to get that walk in!

Happy Valentine's Day! :heart:
Weds Feb 14
Weight: 169.6 :neutral:
Calories: 1205 :neutral:
Net Carbs: 94 :smile:
Steps: 9782 :smile:

Yesterday was a very crazy day, but I managed to do ok! Our lunch lady made this amazing homemade fudge and put small pieces in little bags. I ended up having two, but it was a nice, small little treat for Valentine's Day!

Tonight I'm going to trivia night and have picked out my food. I'd like to try not to drink at all, but I suspect I'll have one beer at least. It still shouldn't be too bad, though. Tomorrow starts my long holiday weekend. I'm hoping to not overdo it with the plans I have and hoping to get a lot of exercise in, including skiing on Sunday!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18 Next
268 posts Page 4 of 18