The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

117 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
I'm with you all as well. I tried to ignore the scenery but ... well I'm here. lol I've just started to be more aware of NEAT just as Minum and realized when I had lost weight for some reason I stopped moving about as much. So hopefully by standing as I watch TV and jumping up from computer after reading a few posts, I'll start heading back down.
I started putting my computer on some boxes to create a "stand-up" desk. I would stand for half the day. I felt better but didn't lose weight. I stopped doing it after I started with 5:2 but now that I've been stuck for 3 weeks I need to start that up again.
I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day so I got a little pedaler that fits under my desk and I can pedal away. I also got some 8 pound hand weights and I stand up every hour and do some reps. Before I started this diet it helped keep me from gaining weight even when I was no longer going to the gym.
This is the pedal exerciser I got http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Medical-Exe ... ike+pedals
Hiya All you slow boaters how you doing? Still plodding on I hope :)

After my holiday to Turkey I have now got back in the zone (took a while what with weight gain and couldn't get my mindset righ) but finally managed it 2 weeks ago after umpteen failed fasts.

I also wanted to report my latest purchase and subsequent weight loss success because of it! ITS A FIBIT ONE - and it is amazing! It counts your daily steps, miles and calories burnt etc
Me and my fitbit have been inseperable for the last week. It also spurs you on to earn more calories by walking/moving more. I've only had it a week now but this week but can already feel the difference in my clothes. I'm averaging 12000 steps a day and walking around 6-7 miles a day :) I do hope this lasts.

Am now feeling hopeful that I can now get the scales moving in the downward direction once again. x
I'm so tempted by a FITBIT - I'm going to go and look at them again online. Well done on getting back in the zone, hope you had a great time in Turkey TracE
Hi Minumonline
I believe amazon have a deal on if you look you can get a fitbit one for around £50 - I wouldnt buy the Flex as it still has quite a few teething problems with it being so new.

The fitbit one also tracks your sleep which i find so interesting - it tells you how many times you wake from fitful sleep during the night etc
I have been looking at fitbits, thanks for the info on the flexi TracE, I was heading in the direction of buying one.

Well I am still taking the scenic route, but I have hit the 1 stone off marker, its taken me six months to do it with 5:2 (started January) but I am more relaxed now with my food. I lost four stone previous to starting 5:2 and that took me about 18 mths. So watch this space, in a years time I might be at target weight, another two stone will do nicely I think. :grin:

Chris x
May be of interest:

"Android connected fitness trackers - Fitbit or Jawbone Up?"

http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/andro ... e-up-r1142
Hello TracE
I'm still on the scenic route but seem to have ground to a halt!! Over the last two weeks I have lost ounces & I'm getting frustrated despite eating well within my TDEE & doing some salsasising. I am plodding on in the hope that I will start moving downwards again. Well done on getting back on track after your holiday, I am going on holiday the end of next week :smile:
Keep going Isis! I've been stuck at this weight or thereabouts for almost a month now and it has been getting on my nerves. Lost 1lb this week though so am hoping things are going to start moving again now. Good luck x
Oh well done JennyH10 for persevering & losing a pound. Good luck to you for the next week. :clover:
Thanks Isis, onwards and downwards for all of us :-) x
Ahoy shipmates :pirate: (sorry just found this smilie and couldn't resist). After a difficult period from end of March to end of May (Easter, birthday, two bank hols) I'm back on track and losing a bit more again. Trying to do 16/8 on the feast days too to keep some discipline. Will keep you posted.
I was stuck for all of May, but have been losing well for last 3 weeks - i think combo of 2 liquid fasts a week, lowish Carb on feed days and NEAT (not sitting at all between breakfast and supper) has got things moving
Glad your both moving in the right direction. I think I might try to do better on feed days - lower carb or less wine, but keep having events which involve food and/or drink! I am not moving much and enthusiasm starting to wane but will keep going :cry:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 7 of 8