The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

117 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
HIya Madge its like a 2 steps forward then 3 back!

I will try that TDEE calc too see how mine compares.

I measured my fat on the boots scale the week i started 5:2 must search out the ticket and look and must go and re-do it at boots see if there is any change! Interesting :)
Yeah, based on that figure I've worked out that if I want to lose a mere 0.5lb per week and still want to blow 2000 cals on Fri/Sat/Sun, that only leaves me with around 1350 cals on non fast week days. Will just have to get off my backside a bit more I think. Of course I could reel myself in at the weekends a bit but where's the fun in that? Got a voucher for a free bottle of wine at Pizza Express to use this weekend so it would be rude not to use it :). Anyway, I think I'll get my body fat measured 1/ month and see if there's any change in that. It might give me some more motivation even if the scales aren't moving much. Have a good weekend!
Thanks for articulating it so well Madge1304. I'm finally beginning to understand this.

If I have a TDEE of less than 2,000, and eat the suggested 500 cals on a fast day, and my TDEE on the other 5 days, my deficit for the week will be well under the 3,500 needed for losing 1lb a week. In my case TDEE = 1800 so weekly deficit is 2,600.

So do I

1. Eat less (or no cals) on fast day to achieve 3,500 deficit ?
2. Eat sufficiently below TDEE on feed days to achieve 3,500 deficit ?
3. Accept slow (or v. slow) weight loss?
The choice is yours Minum! I don't think I could do 1). For me it's a combination of 2+3 I suppose. I'm happy to eat below TDEE in the week but I don't want to be too restrictive at the weekends as then it becomes a 24/7 diet doesn't it?

There is option 4 of course which is to up the exercise. Need to get back into a 3 x per week routine at the gym again. Have made progress, but not quite there yet :)
The way i get round it is have 3 fairly lowish feed days and 1 high one which is when i have alcohol and lots of it and take away or pub meal and pudd :)

Also have been making myself walk more even when after a long day at work and after cooking the evening meal when all i want to do is colapse on the sofa i MAKE myself get my coat on and off I go - i only do half hour but walk as fast as i can even jog/walk been doing this for 2 weeks so far and feel much better for it too!
Its very much trial and error to see what works best.
I hope all of you on the scenic route have filled in the questionnaire?! ;-)
Ah.... I'm glad i found this thread... Initially I lost about 5 kilos fairly quickly, but I've slowed and am even creeping up a bit. The fast days are no problem, but I do get bad attacks of the munchies on non-fast days. I need to reassess what I'm doing (and maybe avoid those rows and rows in the supermarkets that have nothing but chocolates and other sweets in them).
carorees wrote: I hope all of you on the scenic route have filled in the questionnaire?! ;-)

Yes of course, will do Caroline. Hope it gives us some answers.
I am also disapointed in my slow weight loss, but it is dropping and pants are feeling looser so am sticking with 5:2. I am still having lunch on fast days (within the 600 calorie limit) but am going to try just breakfast and dinner and see how I get along.
One hint to TracE, you don't have to give up chocolate - try very dark chocolate, 85% for example, satifies with much smaller quantities and less sugar.
carorees wrote: I hope all of you on the scenic route have filled in the questionnaire?! ;-)

Ahhh goody will go check it out in a bit ....i hope that it will give us some pointers too :) Thanks Carorees
Morning all

So far this morning the sun has its hat on and is shining brightly - lets hope it lasts!

Sat morning weigh in and i'm back down a 1 lb to 13:11.6 - gawd this body of mine definately likes to keep sticking at 13:11..... it's driving me crazy am hoping an extra push on the exercise and i may see 13:10 next week even if it's just a peek and then it will prob be followed by usual up, down, up down, down from the scales.

On a more positive note - went out to my local with a friend last night and had 3 seperate compliments about my weight loss!!! Gob smacked and well happy :)
Have you guys thought of trying this - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3814 - may not be for everyone, but it sure works for me and seems to have kicked started the weight loss for a few that were stuck. I think it's worth trying a full day water fast even just once. It really does help to reset the appetite on non fast days. Good luck and best wishes everyone!
I'm with you all! Newbie to 5:2 , not doing too badly, but have been pushed onto the slow train this weekend as have come over to the UK to stay with DSIL and family....oh boy. Have already told everyone I will be fasting on Monday, but, for example, yesterday lunch was fish and chips (a treat for DH as we can't get them in France)....was very good & had omelette and salad. Last night was chinese takeaway...and it was fab!
Don't need breakfast this morning, but DSIL has already asked how I like my eggs...ah well, if I fast Monday, will be back home Wednesday eve, will be SO ready for a fast day Thursday.
Good luck to all
:smile: Morning all - I second what redhead's posted. I joined the gang doing 36hr no food fast this week and managed 2 in total (Mon/Thurs) and lost an iota under 2lb for my efforts - well worth it. Mind you I've been doing 5:2 for a while now - don't think I'd suggest this to newbies, get in the swing of 5:2 first. But it's certainly given my weight a kick start. As redhead says - try it once and give it a go ?? Good luck to all - and have a good weekend everyone :clover:
Morning from me too. Gosh, I applaud all those who have done the 36hr thing but I don't think it's for me. I'm still stuck on the same weight (slight increase if anything) but I'm less bothered now as I think it could be to do with upping the exercise and I'm sure my clothes are fitting better. I'll measure my body fat again at the gym next month and hope to see an improvement.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 5 of 8