The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

117 posts Page 4 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
I'm in today. Enjoy the penance aspect of a monday fast. Wearing a dress today that I think looks a bit better than it did last summer- so that's lifted me.
I'm definitely taking the scenic route. I'm finding it all pretty depressing to be honest :(
Well I am joining you TracE. I am losing weight slowly & my scales seem to wildly fluctuate & my hope of losing 6lbs by the end of April seems unachievable. I have done some salsacice this morning & will probably have just coffee until lunch time. I will try changing what I eat & reduce my carb intake to see if that does anything. I know I am in for the long haul but getting to a healthy BMI seems rather far away at the moment. :frown:
Hiya all! I'm fasting today too :0) reported a loss on Saturday - but think a lot of that was water weight at the end of my period- am technically still on the slowboat - hope you are all having a fab day so far!
I am reluctantly on the 'milk run' as well..... I dropped 3 lbs the first week only to have 2 of them creep back on. I am hoping that part of this was from having to purchase a new scale 2 weeks in. I was most disappointed to discover that my old scale was under-reporting my weight. I'm sticking with it though as I do feel better and my clothes are a little looser. I am at the upper end of the healthily BMI for my height and would love to be mid-range when the warmer weather hits. The silver lining of our unseasonably cold spring is that I still have some time to achieve my goal!
Fasting day here as well. Had 2 feast days over the weekend where I ate whatever & whenever, but offset that with walking 2 rounds of golf for 12+ miles!

My first weigh in was Saturday after a 4:3 week and I showed a 3 lb loss. I'll be watching for the rebound effect this week! Going away for a long weekend this Friday, so only 2 Fast days for me this week. No worries......just aiming to keep active and get right back to my fasting days when I return.

Oh..also had my 5:45AM boot camp workout this morning and will get 4 sessions of that in this week. :dance:
Hi All and welcome newbies :)

At least we are all in the same boat all be it a very slow one!

Well todays fast has just failed miserably but that will be the first in 16 fasts. My Daughter cooked a thai chick curry and my salad was less than appealing so dug in and it was gorgeous so need to catch up on a fast somewhere along the line this week.

That is the beauty of this diet we can swap days quite easily to fit around commitments and family :)
Nom! Thai curry - too good to miss. I'm really hoping for some weight loss this week - just 0.5 lb will do for god's sake!! Weight's just been going up and down since week before Easter.

Anyway, somehow I've talked myself in to doing Couch to 5k with OH so have done two sessions now which have nearly killed me. Just haven't got the frame for a runner (more like shot putter!).
Madge1304 wrote: Nom! Thai curry - too good to miss. I'm really hoping for some weight loss this week - just 0.5 lb will do for god's sake!! Weight's just been going up and down since week before Easter.

Anyway, somehow I've talked myself in to doing Couch to 5k with OH so have done two sessions now which have nearly killed me. Just haven't got the frame for a runner (more like shot putter!).

If its any consolaiton my weight goes up and down all the time! I get excited when i eventually have a loss then blow me if i don't put it back on the following week...and i'm blowed as to why! but over all i've lost so am keeping posative.

Couch to 5k wow i'm impressed i've thought about it a few times but am scared to be seen out trying to run lol (wouldn't be a pretty sight)
Hi TracE and everyone

Stop the boat and let me get on :confused: I am not sure what is happening with me but its not much weight loss thats for sure. I started 5:2 mid Jan and lost 7lbs in a couple of weeks which was 5lbs I had put on over Xmas + another 2lbs, great I thought this has started me off losing again. I had been stuck - plateaued since Nov. From June 2011 I have lost about 4 stone (pre 5:2). I joined this forum 7 weeks ago and am only losing 1/2lb a week on average.
I still have 3 stone to lose to reach the upper limit of healthy BMI, but I will be happy with another 2 stone off. I don't count calories and at the moment not exercising. So TracE's list below no.4 I can't say for certain. No.8 I don't do anything special. Everything else on the list I do. I don't want to start calorie counting, as a well worn in dieter I know portions etc.
Any other suggestions will be gratefully received and I thank you for letting me have a winge. I am just feeling sorry for myself. OH is away tonight and that used to be my excuse for a binge but as I am fasting today It can't happen. Please don't let me cave in. :razz:

Drinks lots of water.
Avoid too many refined carbs
Avoid too many foods with sugar
Make sure you have a defecit of at least 3500 per week on your weekly TDEE
Dont' snack in between meals.
Try to eat breakfast quite a bit later or even skip it some days.
Dont go over your 500 cals on fast days
Exercise more
Try to have some feed days with higher cals and some with lower cals - baring in mind your weekly figure.
chriso57 wrote: Hi TracE and everyone

Stop the boat and let me get on :confused: I am not sure what is happening with me but its not much weight loss thats for sure. I started 5:2 mid Jan and lost 7lbs in a couple of weeks which was 5lbs I had put on over Xmas + another 2lbs, great I thought this has started me off losing again. I had been stuck - plateaued since Nov. From June 2011 I have lost about 4 stone (pre 5:2). I joined this forum 7 weeks ago and am only losing 1/2lb a week on average.
I still have 3 stone to lose to reach the upper limit of healthy BMI, but I will be happy with another 2 stone off. I don't count calories and at the moment not exercising. So TracE's list below no.4 I can't say for certain. No.8 I don't do anything special. Everything else on the list I do. I don't want to start calorie counting, as a well worn in dieter I know portions etc.
Any other suggestions will be gratefully received and I thank you for letting me have a winge. I am just feeling sorry for myself. OH is away tonight and that used to be my excuse for a binge but as I am fasting today It can't happen. Please don't let me cave in. :razz:

Drinks lots of water.
Avoid too many refined carbs
Avoid too many foods with sugar
Make sure you have a defecit of at least 3500 per week on your weekly TDEE
Dont' snack in between meals.
Try to eat breakfast quite a bit later or even skip it some days.
Dont go over your 500 cals on fast days
Exercise more
Try to have some feed days with higher cals and some with lower cals - baring in mind your weekly figure.

Hi there Chris ...step away from the kitchen lol

My list is just a collection of pointers from other's here on this forum....I'm trying them out to see how i get on!

There is also another one to consider..
On a fast day try to wait as long as possible to eat. For instance if your last meal was at say 5pm the night before then try to last until lunch (apparently the longer you leave it then the more likely you will slip into fat burning mode) this is what i've heard but not 100% sure - maybe others can put me straight or comment on this?
That was spooky, I was in the kitchen, :shock: I have only had a low cal strawb milk shake since 6pm yesterday that was at lunchtime 12.15. So I have about 400 cals to use up, then I will have nothing until lunch time tommorrow, only water & black coffee. Now back to the kitchen cos I'm still deciding what to have. :smile:
I've caved. Not food. I'm sat watching the news (Boston) with a glass of wine. Life is too short and tomorrow is another day. Cheers :cry:
Morning ladies

Weigh in for me this morning and guess what? I've PUT ON but....it is time of the month - so to be expected. Not going to let this get me down.

My progress tracker tells me in 9wks i've lost 5.49lb's an average of .6 pounds per week hmmmmm now see what i mean by slow lol

Still i'm losing over all so off for a lovely walk now today is a feed day but won't be partaking in food until around 12/1 ish to keep cals lower ....enjoy the sunshine all x
Morning TracE. If it's any consolation, mine seems to be going back up again as well! I'm hoping it's because I've done a bit more exercise over the past couple of weeks (more water retention?). I got my body fat measured at the gym this week and it's a pretty hefty 41.8%! When I used this to calculate my TDEE (Katch McCardle method), which I believe is more accurate, it comes out at only 1640 cal which doesn't give much leeway if I want to let my hair down a bit over the weekend. Probably why I've been on a 5 week plateau. Bummer.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 4 of 8