The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

117 posts Page 1 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
Hiya All

I've set this post up for all us who are struggling to lose and feel in need of some support from people in the same boat.

I've been on the diet for 8 weeks and lost 3.5 lb's .....i lose then gain and lose then gain but 3.5 lb is the grand sum of 8 wks on this diet.

I've tried upping calories and lowering calories, upping exercise, cutting down on carbs, cutting down on sugar and so far to no avail. This coming week i am going to try mixing up the amount of cals i have on feed days - for instance one day have say 1400 - 1600 and then next feed day have 1700-1800 see if this confuses my stubborn metabolism.

We will not be defeated and where there is a will there is a way lol
I think I must be on this tour with you - not fluctuating particularly but not 'trending down'. A combination of hormones, possibly work stress, lack of consistent exercise, age and only needing to lose a few more kilos.

I do feel better for the regime and I get to enjoy social occasions (went out for a sparkly high tea today) so I am sticking with it for now. We are entering the cooler part of the year here (Australia) and I tend to gain in winter so I am hoping this will keep me steady even if I don't lose any.

Keep the faith!!
Thanks TracE. :smile:

I know we are getting there but it can get a bit discouraging when you seem to be surrounded by loads of folk who are doing so very well can't it? I'm not short on perseverance. I have lost 53lbs, mostly on low carb, but its taken an absolute age and I still have at least 32lbs to go before I can revue my target.

I calorie counted to start with and lost the first 14lbs then stuck. I went low carb when I was told that I was pre-diabetic and couldn't get my glucose to go down. That shifted another 30 or so and got my BG back to within normal limits. Things really seemed to be moving after my first few fasts but I think maybe I had got a bit giddy with the carbs after such a long spell without. I think I was secretly hoping that I could go back to having the odd carb treat like the rest of the family. Seems thats not going to be the case. :frown:

Ah well, onwards and upwards (shouldn't that be downwards!!) Maybe between us we will find a key to help other slow losers. My current plan is 500C on fast days with a carb limit of 30g on feast days. I have no trouble staying within my TDEE but I'm not worrying over much about calories as I may well have been under eating. My Fatsecret chart shows and average of 920 on all months. Its just the carbs that have gone up.
I'm in! Been frustrated, lost initially, then the weight has slowly crept back up, think I've been enjoying my food a tad too much. For the last week, I've kept a food diary and think I've been at the bread, cake and biccies too much, did keep under my tdee (2100) but I think the quality of the calories is an issue for me anyway! Stew and soup is on the menu for this week!

Hope we can all find our 5:2 mojo :0)
Ah Welcome ....glad I'm not on my own.

For me personally if i don't get results on the scales it pushes me to eat bad things i.e. biscuits, cake.......now i kno i shouldn't be a martar to the dam scales but i cant help myself. I'm trying to wean myself off them to try to weigh every fortnight but find that really hard. Maybe i should get my other half to hide them and only bring them out once a fortnight? Hmmmmm will see if i'm strong enought to do that lol
Just jumped on. Just jumped on the scales too - nearly 3lb heavier than yesterday! That'll be the spaghetti, garlic bread and tiramisu from last night then...
Hi TracE- I know how you feel, I binned off the scales for a few weeks as I was worried about getting obsessed with numbers- then had a fright when I got on yesterday! The thing is, the scales give me rubbish results, but I've had my skinny jeans on this week that I've not been able to wear for years.... So, I've bought some scales that do fat measuring and got a tape measure (so I don't keep pinching my mums lol) and taken 6 measurements around the bod to see what happens. I'm not sure how accurate the scales are mind, but body fat is 3% lower than last measured 2 years ago, so there's a start!
Me too. Managed to gain a pound but that could well be the curry the night before I weighed. I am now only weighing monthly with the forum weigh in as I was obsessed. I also live in a very old house that has uneven floors and my weight can vary by 6 lbs depending on where I place the scales. So all in all weight is not a good measurement. I am interested in the health benefits of this WOE . As long as my clothes fit and look ok I will be happy. I am a stone over weight and would like to lose it but am not making it the main focus of my life.
I am vegetarian and trying to be self sufficient and whatever I do has to fit in with that. I am doing two 24 hour fasts each week, eating one meal of 500 cals in the evening. The feast days I eat whatever I want and do not count calories. I am learning to control my intake and get rid of snacking on a regular basis. I do not delve into the science beyond what Dr M told me which is right for me. I need a simple life!
:grin:
I also live in a very old house that has uneven floors and my weight can vary by 6 lbs depending on where I place the scales.

I love that! - I can fluctuate by where I put my feet on the scales - not by 6lbs though!! :smile:
Madge1304 wrote: Just jumped on. Just jumped on the scales too - nearly 3lb heavier than yesterday! That'll be the spaghetti, garlic bread and tiramisu from last night then...

Ah Madge your menu sounds fabby - can i come live with you? :oops: Am sure thats a temporary gain - always get that when i eat pasta/rice dishes.

Bobshouse wrote: Me too. Managed to gain a pound but that could well be the curry the night before I weighed. I am now only weighing monthly with the forum weigh in as I was obsessed. I also live in a very old house that has uneven floors and my weight can vary by 6 lbs depending on where I place the scales. So all in all weight is not a good measurement. I am interested in the health benefits of this WOE . As long as my clothes fit and look ok I will be happy. I am a stone over weight and would like to lose it but am not making it the main focus of my life.
I am vegetarian and trying to be self sufficient and whatever I do has to fit in with that. I am doing two 24 hour fasts each week, eating one meal of 500 cals in the evening. The feast days I eat whatever I want and do not count calories. I am learning to control my intake and get rid of snacking on a regular basis. I do not delve into the science beyond what Dr M told me which is right for me. I need a simple life! :grin:

Hi There bobshouse and welcome.....I know what you mean by uneven floors mine are the same i can get on and off the scales in matter of seconds and look like i've put on 3 lb's in those seconds!!! So always have to put the scales in the exact same spot for more reliable reading.
Veggie - I tried quorn pieces for the first time on a fast day last week the chicken one's i put it in a cauli curry (experimenting) and tbh it wasn't bad. Would love some tips or recipes for veggie fast day meal ideas?

Dragonbirdy wrote: Hi TracE- I know how you feel, I binned off the scales for a few weeks as I was worried about getting obsessed with numbers- then had a fright when I got on yesterday! The thing is, the scales give me rubbish results, but I've had my skinny jeans on this week that I've not been able to wear for years.... So, I've bought some scales that do fat measuring and got a tape measure (so I don't keep pinching my mums lol) and taken 6 measurements around the bod to see what happens. I'm not sure how accurate the scales are mind, but body fat is 3% lower than last measured 2 years ago, so there's a start!
Caro wrote: I also live in a very old house that has uneven floors and my weight can vary by 6 lbs depending on where I place the scales.

I love that! - I can fluctuate by where I put my feet on the scales - not by 6lbs though!! :smile:

Welcome and Hi Dragonbirdy what a lovely nick name :)

I got a measuring tape a week ago to try to gage my inch loss too. And GO you in your skinny jeans :)

Ok i've had a talking to myself this morning (couldn't sleep for my OH snoring) I am going to try to cut out sweet treats - now i don't have many but once i do it kind of leads to more (if you know what i mean) especially biscuits and gawd do them little blighters clock up the calories!

So for 5 weeks i'm am publically announcing that i'm endeavouring to give up my first love of chocolate and alongside that biscuits too! There I've said it and its out there heeehee!
Caro Caro Caro....so sorry i missed saying HI to you and of course welcome - not good at this quote business :p
Hi, I too seem to be taking the scenic route. I fast fine and during the week when I am working I can stick to reasonable amount of food, but at the week end food seems to call me continually. Yesterday I was eating most of the time it seems. I have lost weight but I had a holiday and put it all back on, too much food and too little movement! :oops: so it is nice, for me not you, to find that others are slow as well, so count me in :like:
Trace. I think this is a great idea.
Good luck.
TracE wrote: Ah Madge your menu sounds fabby - can i come live with you? :oops: Am sure thats a temporary gain - always get that when i eat pasta/rice dishes.

That was at the local Italian. Was a bit of a blow out to say the least :grin: . Took full advantage as don't really eat much pasta or desserts at home as OH is not fussed and don't have bread in the house either.

I weigh every day so I was expecting a gain, I'm used to seeing the scales go up and down and don't get stressed anymore. I'll post my graph again in a couple of weeks time so everyone can see how it fluctuates so much (but overall downward trend).
Count me in!

I lost 1lb last week and then put it back on again this week! I'm particularly cross because I switched to 4:3 last week in order to speed up weight loss! *sigh*
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
117 posts Page 1 of 8