The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

117 posts Page 3 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
Esmecat wrote: Can I join you? I was sent this way by an angel on another thread.

I'm new on the forum, and midway through the fourth week of 5:2. I have been unable to lose anything on a normal daily calorie restriction (and I am pretty strict about nutrition and snacks anyway) so I thought after several testimonials from people I met that I would give this a go.

Sadly, the weight is not exactly going anywhere yet! I have been really keen when following the plan, and couldn't lose the habit of knowing my TDEE and staying within that on my normal days. Working on a 36 hour fast day twice a week, I had hoped to be doing better than this.

After yesterday's fast, I was 1kg down this morning. I felt a bit better, but also know that this could go straight back on the minute I rehydrate... I really need some help. Has anyone else found that after a month it suddenly started to work?

Hi there Esmecat and welcome.....see my post above on tips i've gathered but only just started to put into play.....i tried multi quoting your answer with MrsH's but failed :) x
Hi Esmecat, welcome on board the slow boat. I can see by your BMI that you're well within the normal BMI range - lucky you! There is no magic formula to 5:2, it is simply down to calorie restriction; therefore, it is my belief that if you had a good diet beforehand like a lot of us on this thread ie. ate fairly close to your TDEE anyway over an average week, 5:2 is going to be slow as the calorie deficit is not as significant as maybe for others. It's a long term plan, not a quick fix, so if you really do want to lose a few more pounds stick with it and be patient.
I think that the above pretty much sums up where we currently are with our understanding of the diet. Hopefully, the questionnaire will reveal whether these things really do make a difference. Until then, hang on in there!
Mrs H-R - my weight's gone up ever so slightly this week too. I think it's 'Easter lag' :). I didn't really put anything on over Easter although I skipped a fast day; however I think it's showing up a week later. I've noticed this with other diets.

Referring back to Caroline's earlier post, I think 4:3 might work better with us lot; however for me it means either doing two consecutive day fasts during the week (plus another one) or doing one over the weekend and I really don't wanna do that. So the slow lane it is....
I am def on board also trying to increase excercise by doing 30 day shred... still confused about the way individal body reacts to carbs & fats .. is there an easy way of assertaing this.. i know i have been struggling with keeping to restrictions.. not been too bad today though.. reassuring to know i am not the only one!!
Hello all. Count me in. I actually have convinced several folks to go on 5:2 and they are losing all kinds of weight, while I am pretty stalled. . Having said that, I am on it mostly to stay at my current weight and not yoyo diet like I usually do. Last week my weight bounced up 3 pounds in 3 days, and I was not eating a huge amount, pretty normal. 2 of those pounds are now gone, but my fast days are Mon and Wed so I have 4 nonfast days ahead of me, and that leaves me nervous!
Morning all - I see we are growing :)

I'm not on a fast day today done mine on Monday and Wednesday but going to see how long I can last before I eat as I don't actually feel hungry at the mo :)

Couple of new experiences for me this week - tried Chia seeds and I love them mixed in with my greek yogurt and berries or in my soup at lunch time - def keep you regular and feeling fuller for longer and apparently full of omega 3 and give energy..so will be keeping up with these.

Other new thing for me this week is i tried the zero calorie noodles bought from Holland and Barrett omg Yak Yak Yak......never again, but you don't know until you try!

Next weeks new challenge is i'm attempting TABATA its short bursts of High intensity Training and I'm going to try it on the tread mill - supposed to have great results and recommended in a a book THE IF DIET to do along side fasting - only supposed to do it 2 x a week for 8 mins alternating running real hard for 1 min and walking moderatly for 1 min - I have tested it yesterday and boy does it take it out of you! Not to be attempted by people with weak hearts apparently!

My weigh in day 2moro :O and really would like a loss after 3 weeks of up down and stay the same.

Good luck everybody with your weekly weigh ins x
Referring back to Caroline's earlier post, I think 4:3 might work better with us lot; however for me it means either doing two consecutive day fasts during the week (plus another one) or doing one over the weekend and I really don't wanna do that. So the slow lane it is....

Hi. I'm in the slow lane too. Partly I explain it by overdoing it at weekends, and having missed the odd fast day. But I do find it frustrating. I also feel I could do 4:3 but cant see how I'd fit in with weekends. Maybe fast on Monday, skip breakfast and lunch on Tuesday and have a normal dinner, then fast on Thursdays - sort of 4.5:2.5
Yeah Minumonline. I think the bottom line is that for the diet to become a long term way of life it has got to fit in with our lifestyles rather than us having to adapt our lifestyles around a diet, which is what tends to happen with other weight loss programmes. If that means taking the slow route then so be it.
Madge1304 wrote: Hi Esmecat, welcome on board the slow boat. I can see by your BMI that you're well within the normal BMI range - lucky you!

I know - I feel almost guilty trying to lose weight when I am not that far over, and worse when I know that other people with more to lose are struggling. I just want to lose this belly, because I know that for women it is more dangerous to have weight around the middle than just about anywhere else, and that is where it seems to gather on me...

I know that better health requires more exercise too, but I have joint problems that get in the way of (for example) deciding to train as a triathlete like my boyfriend. And he's the same height as me and very thin. It makes me feel like a heffalump! :curse:

Good news is, that kilo has stayed off so far, so I may have finally got things moving in the right direction. :victory:
Well that's good Esmecat. You probably are losing weight but because you haven't got much to lose, it will just be very small amounts each week and due to daily fluctuations you are not seeing the whole picture. It's only because I have been weighing every day and plotting it on a graph (yes I know very nerdy) that I can see a slow downward trend. It can go up and down as much as 2.5 lbs from day to day - it's crazy!
Hi slow-boaters!
Another pound back on my chart today, but this week exceptionally I have been weighing everyday so I knew about it already! Hey ho, not soon enough for my adjusted routine to have had any effect yet - before this week my over all deficit has been less than 3000 cals per week so am trying to achieve this with some days going over TDEE. My chart is looking very depressing but waist is still shrinking I think (Go figure!!)
Hi there MrsH am sure come next week your new routine will show effect - fingers crossed!

WI for me this morning shows a 1.5lb's loss - YIPEEEE! Of course i'm putting it all down to the chia seeds and the mix up of calories on feed days and also helped with a little extra walking :)

Today looks gorgeous and sunny already so another reason to get outside and WALK cya later and good luck weighers x
Morning all

Hope everyone has had a great weekend - I'm fasting today (always find Mondays fast the hardest after the weekend - anybody else joing me today?
I'm in today TracE although nearly finished here. I'm slow laneing it too. But feeling better and a bit thinner anyway and not putting on weight anymore so all pluses for me.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
117 posts Page 3 of 8