The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

68 posts Page 3 of 5
"5:2 has changed my life – not only have I lost 18lbs (and counting) but I feel 18 years younger too .....Fantabsolutelytastic. Suchard007"

Never thought I'd be pleased to be called a loser, thanks Moogie - it means a lot to us :grin:
Been on 5:2 for 8 months and gone down 3 sizes. To still be doing this after 8 months - just shows how sustainable this WOE is!
Some great quotes championing the weight loss benefits of 5:2, so I'd like to highlight another benefit instead:

In 13 weeks, 5:2 has transformed my memory, mood and motivation for life. I'm so grateful to have discovered Dr Mosley's system and this amazing forum. redhead - 22lbs lost and 5:2 for life!
Wow Chris7376 that is an amazing loss!! You must feel absolutely fantastic! So good to hear from people who've been doing 5:2 for a good while. The site is newbie weighted (pun intended) at the moment, but as we all progress into long term 5:2ers I think we'll become a force to be reckoned with! Look out naysayers!!
5.2 is so adaptable to my life. I find it fun to do fasts now 6 weeks in and 9lbs/4kgs gone! This forum is such an amazing support all the time but puts things in perspective if weight loss is variable. You won't regret it!
Julianna.
jacksati wrote: 5:2 is the only diet I have come accross where I feel in control rather than being controlled by the diet

This is exactly why I decided to give it a go. All other calorie restriced diets require counting, weighing, portion control, cutting out certain foods, ALL THE TIME which ends up taking over your life. 5:2 is not like that which is why it can potentially be a lifetime habit.
Thanks folks - got plenty to be going on with now so must get them added to the home page :)
How about: 'Join the losers - fast!'
OK, maybe that didn't come out quite right... :wink:
"If everything seems under control you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

"I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" - Robbie Williams

Is that the kind of quotes you were after?? ;) :rotfl:
Thanks to 5:2 I've stopped dieting and starting losing weight. :lol:
This program is not a diet (I hate that word), it's a way of life! Where else can you lose weight and eat the things you love?!
5:2 a way of life that re-educates you to eat like a thin person & possibly has health benefits too, what more can a person ask for! Easiest method of weight loss I've come across in 40 yrs of dieting.
"The best thing about 5:2 is that it is completely sustainable. It's easy to be in it for the long run."

Pirateship 17lbs lost
5:2, the diet that doesn't feel like a diet. You really can have your cake and eat it!
Where can we see the chosen quotes, Moogie, please? (apart from on this thread)
68 posts Page 3 of 5