The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

68 posts Page 1 of 5
You're all a bunch of losers!
Weight-losers that is ;)

Was just thinking it might be nice to have an encouraging, positive quote on the main page for new/non-registered visitors, just something which encapsulates how we feel about 5:2, what it's done for us etc. I'd like to have a bunch of them and just show one at random, attributed to the member who said it (unless they prefer to remain anonymous) and possibly with a mention of how much weight you've lost.

Would anyone be willing to write a line for this?

Here's the sort of thing I might put:
"5:2 fasting has changed my life. I've never lost weight so easily or happily!"
- Moogie, 40lb lost

The loss part isn't essential, but is certainly encouraging :) Or maybe include a weeks count instead, eg '12 weeks fasting', to indicate how sustainable this is?

If you're happy to be included please post your short quote, whether or not you'd like it to be anonymous and if you'd like your loss or week count included (please specify these if not already displayed!).
The 5.2 diet is the only diet I can see being long term and sustainable for life
No weekly hardship just 2 days of less food and I've lost 21lbs. It's fantastic.
5:2 is the best non-diet ever!!!
5:2 the only way to lose inches & pounds feel better, guilt free eating with-out silly pills or expense!! just started 4th week and 8lb off,here it goes for a lighter summer :cool:
Tried lots of diet always failed and gave up, with 5:2 I know I can reach my target and maintain it.
"5:2 reminded me how to 'eat like a thin person'!" (approaching middle age and change in lifestyle had thrown my weight off)
5:2 is not really a diet but a way of living. Anyone can do it because it only requires you to calorie restrict for one day at a time. Come and join us and be a big winner/loser:)

Allanr54

Started 8th April at 208 lbs. After 6 fasts on the 28th of April down 7 lbs. This morning after 7th fast yesterday under 200lbs for the first time in a decade (but I am not recoding it as official weigh in is Sundays).

BTW how do I get my stats on here. I figured out the Avatar but not the stats.

Thanks,

Allan.
To put stats on, go to progress tracker. 'edit settings' has a bit at the bottom where you choose whether to make stats public or not...
I am not giving anything up ! I can have that tomorrow ! I've lost 11.5 lb ! :smile:
5:2 is the only diet I have come accross where I feel in control rather than being controlled by the diet
Who is it that has this on their signature: 'pass the cake, I'm on a diet'? Apologies but I can't remember.
That is so funny and so true :smile:
Thanks betahan - that was simple to add stats (but so are most things when you know how to do them:)).

Allan.
"I just love this way of eating - and I really am eating 5 days a week! 8 weeks in and 8lb lost (and with hypothyroidism, that's really saying something!) " Doodle
If you tried the rest, now try the best

Two days a week to the new you

Penny 23lbs lost
68 posts Page 1 of 5