The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

663 posts Page 42 of 45
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 Next
Hello @FatDog
Love your posts and story! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
I have a secret but if I tell you all, you must promise to keep it to yourselves or I may have to kill you.........IF has totally changed my eating, and more importantly, DESPERATELY WANTING LIKE A MAD PERSON, wants! I no longer crave bits of burnt bread with lashings of sea salted butter, in fact, as our American cousins would say, it's toast........how good is that? It still smells fabulous though.....mmmmmm :starving: :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
Oh pooh! We'll have nothing to tease her about any more - drat and double-drat!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Monday, low-carb day two-hundred and fifty-three, repair day

Weigh-in at start of day wt. 111.2lbs (analogue scales corrected ~108.0lbs); 1.6lbs gain
... t.measures - ub. 28.5, w. 25.5, t. 30.25, h. 34.25 inches

Report at the end-of-week 36 of low-carb : total low-carb weight loss 26.6lbs, and weight gain for the week 1.8lbs. No shrinkage / expansion.

That's where an ad lib. day followed by a high carb day gets one... Ring the alarums as that's taken me above my 110.0lbs maximum. Must. Be. Gooder. This. Week.

Have been actively avoiding plugging the figures in for yesterday (Sunday) as they're going to be bad, I suspect. Very bad. And so they were...

I'm looking to time-slice my day so that it doesn't drift away with nothing achieved: not doing terribly well so far. Postie battering at the door terminated my meditation - good thing really as I thought I'd just been five minutes, turned out to be over half an hour! Delivery of a book that I've wanted for several years (Jessica Mitford's Poison Penmanship - fourteen pence plus postage) was a disappointment - meant to be a hardback in very good condition, it's a very indifferent paperback. Pen a wail to the supplier. Managed to get two hours of proper *scheduled* reading done, albeit successfully putting off doing the food log some more, and then completely side-tracked onto PR / marketing stuff (the meditation centre is looking to up their public profile - don't even know whether I have the job, but it's a good procrastinate anyway). Faff over some politix stuff... then take an age over dinner, even though it was simplicity itself. Sigh.

I've still to get those figures in and it's only an hour and a quarter short of midnight. Finally done. Wish I hadn't - but there's no point in decieving oneself: they're positively mortifying. I could eat for Scotland. And my repair day has hardly been exemplary, though 180 calories are down to soya milk in coffee alone - I do seem to have dramatically upped my coffee consumption, need to do something about that methinks. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

........ Calories 760.18 Carbs 57.08 Fat 41.38 Protein 41.31 Fibre 19.97

winter vegetable stew, a FatDog bottom-of-the-fridge concoction
carrot, swede, leek, potato & onion mix, co-op, 40c/C7.5/F0.3/P1.2/Fi2.1/100g
......... 1200g 480.00 90.00 3.60 14.40 25.20
tomatoes, tinned, chopped, KTC, 19c/C3.0/F0.1/P1.1/Fi0.7/100g
......... 400g 76.00 12.00 0.40 4.40 2.80
flageolet beans, waitrose, 77c/C11.8/F0.2/P5.3/Fi3.7/100g
......... 265g (tin) 204.05 31.27 0.53 14.05 9.81
coconut oil, 39cal/C0/F4.5/P0/Fi0/4g/5ml
......... 20ml 156.00 0.00 18.00 0.00 0.00
tomato puree, 86c/C14.9/F0.4/P4.7/Fi2.0/100g
......... 30g 25.80 4.47 0.12 1.41 0.60
sherry vinegar, 88c/C17/F0/P0.5/Fi0/100g
......... 10ml (macros for balsamic) 8.80 1.70 0.00 0.05 0.00
garlic flakes
......... many grindings 0.00
chilli flakes
......... 3ml 0.00
thyme, dried leaf
......... 5ml 0.00
sage, dried leaf
......... 5ml 0.00
rosemary, dried leaf
......... 5ml 0.00
bayleaf
......... 2 of 0.00
s&p 0.00
total for winter vegetable stew 950.65 139.44 22.65 34.31 38.41
FatDog's 1/3 portion of winter vegetable stew 316.88 46.48 7.55 11.44 12.80

Method: 1. split the carrot, swede and tatties (quarter these) out and give them a rinse, drain, then a ping in a lidded dish (or microwave steamer thingy) for about 20 minutes; 2. meantimes, heat half the oil in a non-stick pan and gently sweat and soften the leeks and onions, until they're beginning to caramelise; 3. add the dried herbs and spices and give things a good stir-about, set aside; 4. heat the remaining oil and saute the pinged veggies until they're going golden; 5. bung the alliums back in, along with the flageolet beans, tomatoes, tomato puree and the sherry vinegar, plus enough boiling water to nearly cover the veggies; 6. bung a lid on and have it bubble away for twenty minutes or more so that it stews nicely.

That was *well* worth the repair-day carbocalypse. Serve with grated cheese over the top, just to nail the comfort factor. Bestest neighbour seemed to enjoy it, as did the OH: bowls scraped clean equals a happy FatDog.

=====================

Tuesday, low-carb day two-hundred and fifty-four, feed day

Weigh-in at start of day wt. 110.8lbs (analogue scales corrected ~107.75lbs); 0.4lbs loss
... t.measures - ub. 28.5, w. 25.5, t. 30.25, h. 34.25 inches

Must. Be. Good. Must. Be. Good. Must. Be. Good. Must. Be. Good.

I'm away with the fairies this morning - happily foruming etc. then realise that I'm meant to be at work at one not three today - that's in less than an hour. Yarg! Catch you later.

Completely surprised myself by exercising major self-restraint in the shop today (no number-one-boss man to help, he's orf climbing hills or somesuch). Two of the beautiful Folio books that I've been coveting for *many* weeks have (finally) gone onto the shelves. I took them into my hands, sniffed their inks and gazed at their lovely pages, put them to the side, and looked lovingly at them for an hour or more. Then heard boss-number-one's words in my head "you don't really need them" and, along with the thought of the OH's inevitable remonstrances about "what? more books?", I was driven *oh so painfully* to put them back on the self from whence they came. Sob. Didn't even manage any other sort of (charity store) retail therapy on the way home as I was frantic for news about the job... Academic point: can one describe an action driven by guilt / external influence to be "self-restraint" and, if not, what is it?

Not sure how I managed to convince myself that bestest neighbour was coming round for Indian veggies and pancakes for tea, nor how the OH was similarly convinced, but it seems we were both deluded. So, as serendipity has it, we can have instead the mushroom open ravioli and rocket salad which I picked up for an absolute song (less than a quid!) on the way home whilst messaging for the essential additions to go into tonight's erstwhile dinner. Saved myself the cooking for tomorrow, when my leggies will be complaining less (I hope). Sadly, however, dinner now doesn't fall into the category of "being good".

And "being good" has slithered even further off the map this evening: there's no news from the interview and, as they said they'd get back by today if I were successful, that probably means no job. Hugely disappointed, as I'm pretty sure that me and that there job were made for each other - and though I had tried to steel myself for this result it is still majorly gutting (now I *really hate* Apple computers and no longer just *simply despise them*). So, I'm presently numbing my sorrow with a lively Shiraz - admittedly not a very mindful activity, but never mind, on this occasion.

Still, onwards with the e-cookbook and *we'll show'em*. Quite *what* I'll show'em, I'm not sure, but "we will, we will"... Ehrm... Whimper.

I shall be writing a letter of genuine thanks to the centre mind - they shivvered my timbers and stirred me to dig out all sorts of stuff, meditation materials in particular, which could be as (if not more) life changing as my WoE of the last year. And, if you've read much of my log, you'll know that this WoE has been quite majorly life changing / enhancing for me.

Sorry about the lack of a recipe tonight - shall try to redeem myself tomorrow. Oooh but... I could remind you of microwave "cheese crisps" right? Many moons ago, up-thread: 10g grated cheese, split into three little puddles on parchment paper, decorated with black pepper and / or chilli / garlic flakes etc. and pinged for a minute? Keep a close eye as they burn easily, and n.b. *no* salt - somehow the cheese turns very salty using this method. Just what a FatDog needed. OH was driving me dog-crazy by eating oatcakes with peanut butter and marmalade, slather... Ha! Now the OH is the one slathering :)

And another mad Tuesday - but might allow this one given the lack of good news (not as stoic as I thought). As a rule though, methinks I need to start moderating the coffee with cream combination - lot's of calories going down there, without much thought (but with much pleasure). And the other liquid calories too - mostly wine, of course. Eliminate, or at least reduce, that lot and I'd be well under my TDEE.

........ Calories 2215.80 Carbs 90.86 Fat 123.97 Protein 51.83 Fibre 18.61
izzy wrote: Aw FatDog, I've been chewing my nails down to the knuckle for a week!! You did say after the interview they would let you know 'after next Tuesday'. So not necessarily today. I'm gutted for you if they haven't chosen you, and I would be contacting them too, if for no other reason than to find out why they didn't choose you. I'm still holding out for a phone call though..... :clover:

Get crackin' with that e-book though. We all have reviews to write! :wink: :grin:

What izzy said! No news is good news and all that...
Keep us updated FatDog re interview or any feedback you might receive. They must be barmy not to snap you up! still got fingers crossed for you anyway x
They must be mad if they don't employ you FatDog. That's all. :confused:
Om
The suspense is killing me here 1/2 a planet away. Still have fingers crossed and hoping for you :clover: :clover:
I am still hoping, just because I think that they would have let you know otherwise? Will be surprised if it is not for you. :hugright:

Xx
Calling @fatdog.....calling @fatdog.......hello.......are you there?.........Not heard from you for 5 days now.........where are you?......

Ballerina x :heart:
@FatDog hope the prolonged silence is because you are just to busy.
sorry that should be too busy.
FATDOG! Oh Fatdog! Where the Dickins are you old bean? Hope Scottie hasn't beamed you up ...

Folks, we have a problem, one of our family is missing!
:0/
Have been a bit busy again and I thought so too but thanks for pointing it out @Azureblue sending :heart: :heart: :heart: as it not like you to not post our dear dear @FatDog. Please let us know soon all is well or you are just too busy to be here. We await news
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 Next
663 posts Page 42 of 45