The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

62 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: Gilly Mary's Journey
22 Jul 2013, 12:09
It just shows what a sustainable WOE this can be! Well done!
15 Oct 2013, 00:59
Haven't posted here for a while due to my slow progress :(

So since July I have persisted with some variations to the theme of 5:2 mostly 2 meals later in the day. Believe me after the fast I get to eat healthily but what I feel like. I got fed up and bit the bullet and went back to fluid fasting as apart from headaches found it my preferred 5:2 process. Also enables one to easily come in under a fasting TDEE.

Have also been a bit stressed, over the past 8 weeks doing a course which has chained me to my PC, had a couple of ankle turns which had stymied my exercise program. But I have just chilled and hoped just like at the beginning things will eventually shift.

This morning after a good fluid fast day and having done a couple of 18:6 days over the past fortnight my scales showed I was down an whole 500gm. I know I have to consolidate this but gee it was a good sight :) :) :) thought I'd share the moment
15 Oct 2013, 02:00
That's fantastic Gillymary-so wonderful to see those new lows on the scales. :-)
15 Oct 2013, 09:10
Well done that gal, keep it up, you ARE getting there, :victory:

ballerina x :heart:
15 Oct 2013, 09:15
Thanks Julianna and ballerina it pays to just ride out the plateau. But oops I have enjoyed everything I have eaten today
15 Oct 2013, 09:22
Congratulations. What a great feeling you must have had all day :like:
15 Oct 2013, 10:26
Karen when I wasn't hassled by the days events I am chuffed as it has been far too long in coming. I made a mistake I lost 600gms. Now just have to consolidate and move closer to a more suitable BMI then ... Maintenance yooooohooooo
15 Oct 2013, 12:46
@gillymary that is brilliant news - so many congratulations, both for the loss and maybe more so for sticking it out!! Your perseverance and patience are admirable, I'm getting angsty after just six days stuck in the same pound :) xxx FatDog
15 Oct 2013, 20:15
Thanks@FatDog this WOE/L has been liberating as it always bothered me I carried around at least 12kg of excess baggage. What ever else I tried always ended in my getting fatigued and back I would go to gaining what I had lost. The closer you get to target though it is harder to shift I am finding. I just plugged on?

Good thing are the variations and yes there is low carb vegetarian in my sights :geek: then there is the company here
28 Dec 2013, 04:47
Finally I have moved just a tad as they say a bee's knee worth. I have been fitting in fasts where I can and been trying to cut out white carbs. The usual fatigue raised its ugly head at the peak of my final Xmas preparations. So a few pieces of toast (yes PFT and marmalade was very yummy) and I was back firing on all cylinders, the fatigue has been unusual because up until the last fortnight nix energy problems on 5:2 and also I think because I am not hauling around excess weight I have a body which is much lighter & healthier. Still do gym too.

I have migrated back to liquid fasting as preferred fasting style due to the hunger switch and if I fall off the LF wagon it is usually to a small meal of protein and salad which still means I come in under 500 cals. Honestly though to move any weight I have to bring the calories way down, it is like a straight jacket. I must have something metabolic happening, maybe my cellular famine effect switch is too twitchy. I welcome your theories

100gm loss is movement though and the right direction even if it took neigh on 2 months. By my calculations I have 1.60kg to my goal which then only just gets me into health weight range. I will stick with liquid fasting as the main event for now and maybe fit in some small eating window day under 5 hours as opportunity presents.

Oh 'Wheat Brain' is an Xmas present from DS wending its snail mail way to me and DH has promised me Phinney and Volek (not sure of spelling) so low carb and wheat free is the 2014 plan and I aim to crash through my plateau into a healthy weight range please forces be with me
28 Dec 2013, 07:02
Well done for sticking with it GillyMary. I hold to the theory that you really do have to go down to a quarter of your calories on fast days and stick firmly with TDEE too. If you do that you will lose weight. So for me that means 355 on fast days (and therefore not 500), and then only 1433 on feed days. I agree it feels like a straightjacket sometimes.

Happy New Year!
28 Dec 2013, 07:39
Some days @rawkaren I just can't muster such low calories. Hence the low carb wheat free approach I am embarking upon. I suppose always looking on the bright side of life, dee dum dee dum dee dum, dee dum, sorry I digress, my weight is stable and has been so since July.
28 Dec 2013, 08:40
Well done gillymary though - reading through this thread, you have hit on the other benefits, ie less fatigue, more energy, healthier lighter body etc - all good! And nearly 13kg not to be sneezed at! :victory: :like: :lol:
28 Dec 2013, 08:57
I'm really enjoying seeing peoples' faces pop up on here now!! I am interested in your journey gillymary, or billy art as my typing correction told me it should be!!! I am always fascinated in how people have got to where they are. Slow is fine, especially as I haven't a lot to lose, but lose it I shall!

I have three weeks away from home each month and I'm going to try a few different methods so which works best, I.e. alternate day, low carb, 5:2 and see which one works best.
28 Dec 2013, 09:12
Yes as @Silverdarling says nearly 13 kg is mahooosive. Just keep plugging away.
Just spotted your new avatar SD. Very nice indeed.
62 posts Page 2 of 5