The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

62 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: Gilly Mary's Journey
28 Dec 2013, 12:06
Thanks all for the encouragement, one gets tunnel vision when scales don't budge for months even while continuing fasting. Must PM Moogie My initial tracker weight was always wrong by roughly 700gm so I have actually just passed 13kg @Silverdarling it's just those pesky last couple of kgs that elude me

@Debs I am so interested in how you are going with your feet in two paradises eg Hobart and WA though the work end might not enable you to see around much. I pretty much have given most of the IF variations a bit of a go out of necessity or curiosity. Haven't done ADF and not so inclined and my preference is Liquid Fasting

@carieoates just love your signature, it is bold and @rawkaren love how your signature colour matches your top, looking good
28 Dec 2013, 15:42
@Gillymary - your signature not bad either, esp for me at the moment! :bugeyes: :wink:
28 Dec 2013, 21:56
You are proof to me @gillymary and @Debsthat this is a sustainable WOL. Your journey is taking its time and you may rightly so have ' tunnel vision' but you keep plugging on because you will definitely eventually get there but you haven't given up like any of us may have in the past when our new diet we were trying didn't give us regular loss. I think its because with IF we are experiencing that lovely clean light feeling after a fast day, the amazing sense of success and achievement at the end of a fast day, now we eat more like naturally slim people ( only eat mostly when hungry,stopping when satisfied and only enjoying what you really want), so in that way I feel our appetites are reset and the supposed health benefits of preventing many diseases so we don't need to take loads of tablets is truly exciting. Someone on the forum (sorry I forget who) stated it really well-" the contradiction that food is nourishing but to not eat food and give your body a break is also good for you " paraphrased.
I love hearing about your journey gillymary.
Xxx julianna
28 Dec 2013, 22:33
@Silverdarling re my signature I just love Goethe a wise German Philosopher's take providence steps in and amazing things happen. So I wish you a wonderful new start in your new life direction and look forward to what you create of your own. Now that will be exciting

Aw @julianna totally agree the sense of success of a well done fast and how great your body does feel. Then you start to eat so called normally coming back in touch with foods that We crave 'sweet things' or which don't suit 'wheat'. I very quickly start to get that heavy bloated feel. I like the idea of really clean eating no sugar unless is it fruit and ancient not modern grains, natural fats. Variety too is the spice of life ~ regarding food that is wise too!

Appreciating your support
28 Dec 2013, 23:50
You are so right re wheat. As we're about to go and have a big Chinese feast for lunch with my in-laws I binned the idea of eggs, bagels etc brekky which we usually have on Sunday as I knew I wouldn't be hungry for lunch. So with my tea I had half a big white chocolate ,macadamia cookie and I felt DREADFUL. I'm OK now but for 30 minutes I felt tired, faint and bleagh. Wow! What a reaction probably to refined flour and sugar I guess. I won't do that again in a hurry.
Xxx julianna
29 Dec 2013, 06:43
@Gillymary - have sent you a PM on the source of your quotation! :victory:
29 Dec 2013, 08:02
What a clever researcher you are, @SilverdarlingI have the complete quotation on my fridge and read the lot often. It is very powerful no matter who wrote it ... The whole version that is. I just love words which inspire and my signature to me is a get off your backside and get on with it kind of message to remind me to keep positive

I was thinking of a new signature for 2014 so your search is the deal clincher. Just have to figure what it will be
29 Dec 2013, 12:03
Hey! @Gillymary any before and after photos to inspire us?
29 Dec 2013, 12:58
nursebean wrote: Hey! @Gillymary any before and after photos to inspire us?

I second that, oh...............that was another thread............ :shock: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
29 Dec 2013, 16:02
Ha! @Ballerina - we haven't seen your winter face yet!! :cool: :cool: :shock: :wink:
29 Dec 2013, 19:04
Silverdarling wrote: Ha! @Ballerina - we haven't seen your winter face yet!! :cool: :cool: :shock: :wink:

Good God woman, neither have I. ..... :shock: the summer one was frightening enough :shock:

19 Apr 2014, 08:29
Oh my doesn't time fly. Been such an age since I updated this thread but I have not really had much happening in way of progress until this week. So here goes. Sorry @nursebean @Ballerina [tag]Silver Darling[tag] no photos as yet. I tried even used the thread on 'how to' but it didn't work. I have an android phone, laptop and iPad but the finer details elude me of how to upload my photo. I will, never fear and have the photos I want to post

I went onto 6:1 early Feb as I was not getting anywhere no matter how I ramped up the fasting, I remained stuck on my plateau. I had a couple of issues surface which I had to sort which I thought may have been aggravated by fasting. So now fully checked out, tests back, fasting is not considered the culprit by my GP. So I feel I can return to 5:2 and this week I even accomplished 4:3. Hope to catch up quickly and be back to shedding more kgs as I did in my earlier fasting says.

Am in no hurry it is the journey not the destination which holds my interest
19 Apr 2014, 08:50
@gillymary Glad you're all sorted and well done on the 4:3 this last week.
I've just reread your inspirational journey and sorry I've not popped in for coffee more often I keep forgetting to look into the diaries + blogs section this forum is very addictive.
I'm sure you'll work out the photo problem soon.
Have a great Easter and take care of yourself. :heart: :heart:
19 Apr 2014, 09:00
Glad to hear you are back on the old band wagon and other things are behind you, keep up the the good work

19 Apr 2014, 09:47
Thanks for the encouragement @Ballerina sensed I was reaching a point of too much comfort and weight could easily creep back on. Looking forward to stocking up on some soups in the freezer and 4:3 fluid fasting might be the go to crash through now I have had a bit of a rest so to speak. I also then can have some fasting window days. I prefer my fasting window to manifest rather than have a firm plan.

It is interesting but I have missed not regularly fasting so it was good this week. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. I did succumb and got some tiny mars bar Easter eggs when I did the shopping just in case. So the Easter Bunny :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: might come to my house after all :smile:
62 posts Page 3 of 5