The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

61 posts Page 4 of 5
Re: Are you still fasting??
29 Jul 2013, 19:48
Definitely all keep posting. Everyone's experiences are needed - your work is not yet done :smile:

I've decided to try and maintain now and given myself a range of 55-57kgs to stay within. So I'm starting on 6:1 as I like (and it suits me) not to eat on Mondays, then probably mix it up with 16:8 for a couple of days, 12:12 (i.e. have breakfast when I need to use up eggs) for a couple and weekends can take care of themselves. At least if it doesn't work I know I can go back to basics and start again without guilt or worry - it's :cool:
30 Jul 2013, 09:19
I'm interested in this not because I have reached my goal - have been going with OH since last Sep. and still have a stone to go, but OH really doesn't need to loose any more weight and he insists on joining me on diet days - for the health benefits he says.

I have been managing things by making sure he has slightly more on diet days (~800 cal.) ("you have a bigger portion to make up for the apple I had earlier" etc.) :oops:
Also I have been stocking the larder with things he likes to nibble on the non diet days - making sure they aren't things I like too much or my weight loss goes into reverse. :oops:

I would like him to go onto 6:1 I think but he is pretty determined to keep with 5:2 - he is at risk of looking slightly gaunt IMO. Any other ideas? :dunno:
01 Sep 2013, 22:02
Susan - wondered what had happened to you and just saw your reply to claire23. Sorry to hear about your split-up (and the state of your dog, of course). As TML says- are you OK?
01 Sep 2013, 23:22
I've been in maintenance for a couple of months now. It's evolved into a regimen of recording my weight on a calendar every am. Because I only needed to lose 10 pounds, I think I need to keep a close eye on it, for gaining 1 pound over my goal means I've regained 10% of what I lost! When that happens, I schedule a fast day (Monday or Thursday when I have activities scheduled so that I'm out of the house and not thinking about food). It seems to be about every two weeks that I need to lose that extra pound.

I do hope you're ok, Franglais. Let us know how you're doing. :heart:
02 Sep 2013, 04:00
Hi Susan I haven't seen your other post. Sorry that you are going through a rough patch. I hope you get all the support you need where you are and of course, you know you will get lots here x
02 Sep 2013, 04:53
Hug for Susan
02 Sep 2013, 05:02
Hi Susan,hope all ok,havnt seen your other post
I done often write here any more but do check in occasionally
Still maintaining and unable to lose the last kilo but convincing myself its ok
I haven't been able to fast for ages but am doing 16/8 and I think that is why I am maintaining
I also find that although I don't think of myself as fasting ,I seem to have fallen into pattern of eatin less on days following too much food.
02 Sep 2013, 06:17
@franglaise hugs from me too. Hope you're doing ok.
02 Sep 2013, 07:25
Hi Everyone
Thanks so much for your kind comments! I'm OK, but I'm hurting a lot at the moment. I'm not the first to have a heart broken and won't be the last! I've joined a local running club so am staying fit but fasting is out of the question as I have no appetite and my BMI is underweight now (this forum won't accept a BMI on the tracker of under 18.5)
My kids are both well and we are back to school and work this week so hopefully that will make things easier too.
I'm trying to get the courage to go back to online dating sites too:(
Thanks again so much for all your kind thoughts xxx
02 Sep 2013, 08:00
Hi Susan,

I saw you on another thread and posted my best wishes to you. Take things easy for a while. I know what you mean about no appetite, when I'm stressed I cannot eat and any weight loss does not look good when the stress shows. I hope you start to feel better soon, at least you are among friends here and hope your dog is doing OK as well,

Ballerina x :heart:
02 Sep 2013, 08:07
Adding my best wishes and hugs for you Susan. :heart:
02 Sep 2013, 08:17
@ Franglaise : I've been there before - the heart break diet is tough going- you look fantastic but feel awful. But it does get easier, 1 day at a time.

For the rest of you, @ Ballerina, Franglaise, Einatbl, Eikat, Umleila. Kencc, GMH - what exactly are you eating? I was doing a very low carb but its tough going. It would be interesting to know what exactly oyu ate on feed days and then fast days?

GMH, what do you mean that your idea of binging is different to everyone elses?

Finally, Umleila, I think we must be around the same proportions as I would like to hit 8st 3lbs aswell but always hovering around 8st6-8st 8lb. Now I'm going on hols to an all inclusive resort for 10days and dreading it - what have you been eating? How long has it taken you?
02 Sep 2013, 08:28
Now I'm going on hols to an all inclusive resort for 10days and dreading it - what have you been eating? How long has it taken you?

Holidays are for enjoying not dreading. Don't let this WOE make you too obsessed about losing weight above everything else.
02 Sep 2013, 10:12
Hi Franglaise. i suppose I've always considered myself on maintenance as weightloss was never my driver. I still do 5:2 although it has always been my plan to test 6:1 and then follow it up with the same blood tests etc that I had last year to make sure taht i am still getting the benefits that I want. I've never got around to this mainly as a result of not wanting to bother my doctor until I have another reason to visit and also because it looks like 5:2 works.
In times that I am more active (say exercising every day in a week), I try and take on a few more calories on my feeding days.
02 Sep 2013, 18:32
jmousey wrote:
For the rest of you, @ Ballerina, Franglaise, Einatbl, Eikat, Umleila. Kencc, GMH - what exactly are you eating? I was doing a very low carb but its tough going. It would be interesting to know what exactly oyu ate on feed days and then fast days?

Finally, Umleila, I think we must be around the same proportions as I would like to hit 8st 3lbs aswell but always hovering around 8st6-8st 8lb. Now I'm going on hols to an all inclusive resort for 10days and dreading it - what have you been eating? How long has it taken you?

Things have been very up and down for me because just as I reached my last goal weight of 8:7, it was Ramadan. I lost another 3 pounds during that period and my lowest weight was 8:4 after starting dieting in February weighing 10:3.

I felf very good at 8:4 and hope to stay somewhere between 8:3/4 and 8:7, but I want to get into a routine after Ramadan and a bit of a food fest during my last couple of weeks in the UK. I didn't fast those two weeks at all I think but did do 16:8 most days. Unfortunately it didn't help with the amounts I was consuming and I put on 5 pounds.

I think I'm back on the straight and narrow now. I weighed today and i was just over 8:5. I've given up on 16:8 for now and just trying to stick with 5:2. On my non fast days I eat as I normally would. I try to reduce carbs somewhat but my Dh's staple is curry and rice and I can't resist it too. We also eat quite a lot of bread. I do try to stay within my TDEE though and I'm doing a lot of walking and exercise thanks to my fitbit.

I hope that answers your questions :)
61 posts Page 4 of 5