The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

36 posts Page 1 of 3
Finally here 19 weeks on.
17 May 2013, 10:03
:victory:

Hi.

Please may I join you guys, reached my goal today finally after a plateau of 3 weeks.

Gone from 11.12lb to 10.2lb Since mid jan.

I'm going to 5.2 next week as I'm on holiday half term so will have that week off, see where I am after that hopefully be not too much heavier!

Have you any tips for maintainance you can pass on? Any tricks or patterns that have worked for you?

Thank you :smile:
Re: Finally here 19 weeks on.
17 May 2013, 10:06
No tips but just wanted to send you huge congratulations.
I remember you joining just after me.
Now you can really enjoy your holiday, and if you gain a few pounds you know you will soon lose it by getting back into 5:2.
20 May 2013, 10:18
Congratulations on reaching your target! Ithink as favas maintenance goes, it is a question of what suits your lifestyle best. A lot of members seem to prefer 16/8, others 6:1 with the occasional 5:2 week when required. I do the latter because I don't think (although Instand to be corrected) that 16 hours constitutes a true fast and I'm interested in the other health benefits from fasting. I also like the discipline of at least one fasting day a week so I remember what being 'hungry' feels like, plus I eat very healthily on these days.
Good luck on whatevever you decide!
20 May 2013, 10:35
:victory: Yay! Well done indeed :star: :star: :star: :like:

Wish I was nearer joining you :sad:
20 May 2013, 11:36
Congratulations. I am SO happy for you! :-)
22 May 2013, 10:13
Great news, well done!
03 Jun 2013, 19:53
Back from holiday, and 9 days non fasting, I only gained a lb. very pleased with this as I was eating pastries and French bread every day!
Think I burnt if off as it was a very active holiday with two under eights!

Am doing 5.2 this week and possibly next week depending on how quickly the lb goes.

Was really happy to get back on the fast today. I've actually missed it. :bugeyes:
03 Jun 2013, 20:07
:star: :star: Congratulations on reaching your target and even more congratulations on only gaining one pound on your holiday! What a star you are!
03 Jun 2013, 20:31
Wow that's fantastic, well done!!! :-)
03 Jun 2013, 21:21
WoW! This is fantastic news. This WoE really does work! I've a long way to go but I can see from your experience and others that once target is reached it's sustainable! I'm so looking forward to reaching target once again and this time keeping it off. Congrats. :like: :)
03 Jun 2013, 21:31
Thanks all It's truly been the best diet ever, quite painless really. I'd never have achieved it on a normal diet and health benifits too. Yay!
03 Jun 2013, 22:15
Congratulations--you are an inspiration, Mad Eye's Mum--hope to join you in reaching the goal soon.

I'm so intrigued by your handle and your signature. OH and I (and his daughter, too) are huge HP fans--even more so than are the grandchildren. Of the three media, we like the audio books best. The message is conveyed so well and with great feeling and humor.

Marybeth
03 Jun 2013, 22:26
Here here Mary Beth. You have found me out, yes massive hp fan here, my user name is a little joke as my daughter has an eye condition that means she can do a special trick with her eye, my little nickname for her is mad eye moody- Hence the name,

Alway happy to meet true hp fans, everyone around me thinks I'm nuts, been to the studio tour twice, lucky to live only 45 mins away, planning to visit Florida in 18 mths can't wait!
04 Jun 2013, 14:03
Happy days. Back at target, let hope I can stay here! :grin:

Good luck to all. :clover:
36 posts Page 1 of 3