The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

318 posts Page 14 of 22
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22 Next
Re: ADF Attic (or DODO's Den)
04 Mar 2015, 08:53
@Nursebean@Kelly25-tr are you fasting today. I am. Got a dog walk to do, then off to the kennels to pay for her holiday whilst we are in Spain at Easter. She loves it there and doesn't look back when we drop her off! Mind you she did end up in solitary last time due to her rowdy behaviour. She likes to party hard [url=http://www.greensmilies.com/]Image[/url !!!
Hope it's a good one x
04 Mar 2015, 10:33
Hello DODOs just dropping by to say hiya.
I'm DODOing Mon to fri with you again this week
04 Mar 2015, 13:32
Good to see you in her Oatesy!
Teehee your dog does sound a real character @Minsmum. Fancy being put in solitary! :confused:
I'm in today. I've got a Haddock Mornay to "look forward to" tonight. Hmm can't wait for the Cheerios!
Its a lovely sunny day here in Crondall...although the wind is a bit fresh
Take care my little chickadees!
04 Mar 2015, 16:00
@nursebean&Co..I've said it before and i' ll say it again..how on earth do you guys DODO? Respect and High Five x
I cant even 4:3
I guess i' m a loser and not in a good way heehee!Image
04 Mar 2015, 20:06
Dunno @Candicemarie when I look at how I used to eat I have NO idea how I DODO. I think I would of slapped you if you had told me I'd be doing ADF and at peace with it!!!! But now it's just kinda how I eat, dont get me wrong a free weekend is great and to be occasionally enjoyed, or even a week or two, but I'm happy knowing that I can get back on it afterwards. And yes sometimes it's hard, but most of the time it's not. Guess its what you get used to!
Soooooo what are you doing ? 5:2?? How's it going??
04 Mar 2015, 20:11
Yup @minsmum 5:2 for me..some days easy,some are really tough! But have lost 16 lb this yr so am pleased so far! X
04 Mar 2015, 20:24
16lb @Candicemarie whoop whoop yay you go girl. That is good! I still haven't weighed myself, it's something I have to build up to....but I can see that the DODO lifestyle is working for me and I think why stress my self out and step on Satans scales?!
04 Mar 2015, 20:29
Oh i can totally identify @minsmum
They ARE Satan's Scales! Theyre very cruel and many times they've made me sad xx i avoid them a lot of the time!

05 Mar 2015, 08:48
Hey Dodo'ers
I missed your messages yesterday as I was home and out of the internet zone (seems unbelievable these days doesn't it!)
I really didn't want to but I fasted successfully yesterday. I woke up hungry and thought "I just can't do this today"... but I did it. Wasn't easy but I conquered it. :victory: I did a long walk in the morning and spent the rest of the day cleaning my house so my fit bit had buzzed by mid afternoon. Was feeling quite virtuous. Weighed in this morning to see not a gram lost.... there is no logic to my body and when it loses... sometimes lots and lots and sometimes none but over the last year I have learned to accept that and a 2kg loss last week will keep me satisfied for some time.
@Minsmum definitely time to ditch those scales! Little devils. Give them no weight - in both senses of the words - until you get yourself a new pair. In the meantime, just admire your shrinking body and your emerging svelte shape :smile: Your dog ... is he a teenager? Sounds like he may be displaying typical teenage British holiday behaviour... only thing is he got caught and incarcerated. Hehehe! Sounds like a cheeky doggie character!
@CandiceMarie - 16 pounds in 8/9 weeks!! OMG!!! You really do not need to change your formula! Just keep doing what you are doing. That is FANTASTIC!
So today is an eat day and as is becoming normal for me on such days, I have had 2 breakfasts this morning! Our cook at work is baking cheesy pastries for lunch on top of the usual cooked lunch - :bugeyes: Luckily for me, I don't really like the cheesy pastries or what she's cooked for lunch so will be able to resist quite easily today.
I hope you all have a nice stress-free feasting (but not too much) day today.
Kelly
x
05 Mar 2015, 09:52
Hi Kelly @Kelly25-tr and well done you for your successful fast yesterday!! If I were you I wouldn't weigh yourself until you absolutely feel you've lost something...otherwise you feel its all bean for nothing...and it hasn't!
I'm eating today BUT I'm really trying to concentrate on "eating only when hungry" (and having fasted now I'm sure I'll KNOW when I'm hungry), "eat what I like" (I like that rule!), "stop when full" (when food no longer tastes as good as it did at the beginning) and lastly (and for me, the most difficult), find a "Food Zone" to eat away from distractions! In my case TV! I have spent most of my life eating food in front of the TV. Programmes actually remind me of the meals I ate in front of them. When Two Tribes comes on I automatically think "Food!" Like a Pavlovian dog, I actually salivate! So I must take action and move away from the TV when eating!!
Another tip I thought was useful. Have something great planned to do AFTER you've eaten. We all look forward to eating so much that its disappointing when eating is over. SO...watch a great TV show afterwards, do some drawing, read a great book...do something that you will actually look forward to!
Little Bean tips that I hope will help for days that seem to go on and on and on... :wink:
05 Mar 2015, 10:51
Yes @nursebean. I think you're right - weigh less, lose "more". It doesn't really matter what the scales say as I feel fabulous but if I weigh less often I'll get a better confirmation of that success - got to be a nice feeling :grin:
Great tips BTW ! I'm not a fan of TV but I'm all for slower eating; tasting more and planning events for distracting and occupying time .
My new top tip... after eating I brush my teeth and rinse with Listerine. After that I don't want to spoil my lovely teeth and taste...... it's working for me at the moment. Hope it lasts!
05 Mar 2015, 11:17
I'm always astonished when people don't like TV. I think "What?!!" What do you DO with your evenings?!! I think I watch WAY TOO MUCH! Basically I was brought up on TV. Its difficult trying to cut down on it...but I'm working on it...just like I'm trying to cut down on food :confused:
Like the cleaning the teeth tip! Food sure does taste strange once your teeth are clean. Its a good tip...thanks!
05 Mar 2015, 11:54
Thats an excellent suggestion @nursebean! Any more beantips?Image
Cleaning yr teeth and using mouthwash is a v good idea@kelly25-tr...keeps the gnashers gleaming and fresh and nobody wants to eat once they taste all minty good x
Bean,no i' m not a great fan of tv,mainly coz there's so much rubbish on
One good thing i saw the other night," Growing up Downs" with some Downs Syndrome teenagers performing Hamlet. It was wonderful. Watched something good on beeb 4 last night too but cant recall what. :?:
Maybe you need a hobby Beano xx Image Image
Tho of course us poor souls who are quite poorly can't do much x :confused:
05 Mar 2015, 21:30
Exactly, Candy. I wish I could take up any hobby I choose. I guess my shop could be classed as a hobby...certainly not selling that much at the moment. :confused:
Had a good non-fast day today. Didn't eat until 1 ish and didn't snack in between (apart from a Wispa bar in the evening...but that doesn't really count!)
Fasting tomorrow...hey ho!
05 Mar 2015, 23:01
I cut out a lot of TV when I started piano lessons. Crime shows were the first to go.
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22 Next
318 posts Page 14 of 22