The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

318 posts Page 13 of 22
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22 Next
Re: ADF Attic (or DODO's Den)
26 Feb 2015, 08:34
Go girl!! You CAN do it! If it makes you feel any better...I'm in too...and I won't be eating anything either! :confused: :starving:
28 Feb 2015, 05:00
Morning Beanie @Nursebean early morning fasting shout out. You in today??? I'm at work :( at the moment, as you can see its not that busy :) so I thought I'd spend my break here!! Hopefully I will spend the day in bed kicking out the zeds, if not I'll just be grumpy and hungry.
Hope life is good x
28 Feb 2015, 08:05
@Minsmum?! :shock: It was 5 in the morning when you wrote your message...and you were on your break? :shock: What time did you get in and where do you work? By the time you read this you will no doubt be exhausted!!!
Yes, I'm in today...hoorah! Ate when I didn't need to yesterday which was very foolish...hey ho!
What time will you be eating today? I'll wait for as long as I can and then I think I'll fix myself an omelette or something.
What time do you finish today?
Anyway, have a good one :wink:
28 Feb 2015, 15:21
Afternoon @NurseBean I'm up and out of bed. Got home at 7am and straight to bed, back into work at 10pm so my meal (breakfast/dinner/lunch-call it what you like) will be at about 6ish I think. My thinking isn't at it's best when I'm nights!!!
I prefer to take a late break, it means I only have a short while to do when I get back, plus things have normally calmed down by then. I am a " Despatch Controller" (Police Communications) no one day is the same haha! Still it's Saturday night and people have been payed, so tonight should be busy and the time will fly. Roll on Sunday morning ..........
28 Feb 2015, 17:40
Oh boy @Minsmum I guess your job can be pretty stressful at times. At least your shifts must go by pretty quickly. Well done you for fasting when you're on duty. Roll on tomorrow, eh?
As for me, it's bean a strange one: I had an omelette for lunch, which wasn't very exciting and I've just finished a CupASoup. Later I'm hoping to enjoy some Cheerios ;)
Hope your shift goes well xx
28 Feb 2015, 21:34
Hats off to you minsmum.
One for working shifts and
two for being a mumma working shifts and
threee for fasting whilst working shifts
And finally for dong ADF full stop,

I'm watching the voice whilst hubby snores in the chair and I've got a nice bottle of merlot
01 Mar 2015, 09:48
Good morning DODOs! Well, I actually weighed myself this morning. Thought I would as its the first of the month. I am now 12 stone. I guess this is quite good. I'm just annoyed with myself for over-eating on holiday as I feel it would have bean much less by now. Never mind, its not a race (although I do want to get to 10 something by June...possible do you think? :?: )
How was your shift @Minsmum? I guess we won't hear from you for a while :sleepy:
At least today the sun is out...and food is free...ly available!! Hoorah! Image
01 Mar 2015, 13:34
Well done @nursebean and i LOVE yr avatar!
Enjoy yr grub today! X
01 Mar 2015, 14:39
Hi Beanie @NurseBean I'm here, hunting for food. Well done on yor weight, don't be too hard on yourself, if it's going down its good, like you said its not a race. I really must weight myself on the scales of Satan, but I don't won't to depress myself haha.
Well work was good last night, well that was until about 2am when we had a major accident to deal with, which seemed to wake the world and his fighting wife up and it got busy. Finally took a breath at about 5 when I had to go and do my monthly assessments on my staff. Not the best ones I have produced as my head was spinning from earlier but got everything done... Yay for rest days.
Got home at 7 and everyone was up already, really it's Sunday!?! Well.....Min the Swim was in action last night at a gala, only in her mad rush to try and win the backstroke race she forgot about the wall at the end of the pool and ....crash head...crash arm! Apparently everyone around the pool heared the bang and gasped in unison! Cue golf ball on her head, swollen wrist, shooting pains etc this morning. Glad I was at work and blissfully unaware. Yep Minsdad forgot to mention it! So I dispatched them to the kids A&E when I got home. Luckily it's just a lump on her head and soft tissue damage to the wrist ( she has strong bones like her mum) . But I've had swim Coaches on the phone, so haven't had much sleep, hence I'm tired, hungry and feel the need to eat cr&p. Must stay strong. Min is v disappointed she doesn't have a plaster on her arm, but she won the race :) and I'm worried she's playing rugby! Swimming is much more dangerous!!
02 Mar 2015, 09:30
Ouch! Poor Min the Swim! Image I hope her head doesn't hurt too much today. Ooh that sounded nasty. As you say, good job you were blissfully unaware. Well not blissfully, sounds as though you had a pretty full on shift! When do you go back to work again?
Well, I'm fasting today. Got nothing but a salmon steak to look forward to today. I'm currently reading a book that Mrs Oatesy recommended basically saying how diets actually make you fat. I can SO believe it. I wonder if I'd be overweight now if I hadn't spent my whole adult life dieting...doh! Anyway, I'll let you know if its any good
Are you fasting today? :?:
02 Mar 2015, 10:33
Hi Beanie, yep I'm in today, spicy chicken marinating at the moment, going to do a large salad with it. May have some yoghurt and berries after....cos that's how I roll! Not back at work until next weekend, I'm part time,yay, I tend to do the weekend shift, which are busier but it earns me more money for less work :). Mins head is ok, apart from the lump! It's her wrist that is really giving her pain. She has been banned from all sports for a week, not sure how that will go down with the sports teachers at school as she has another gala this week and rugby,netball and the rest! She's dosed up on paracetamol at the moment apparently mummy kisses make it better!!
Enjoy the salmon steak, I love salmon especially with chilli and lime...mmmmm. What book is it your reading, I really wish I'd twigged onto the diets make you fat thing when I was 20 something...oh well I guess I wouldn't have (virtually) met all the great people on this forum , always look for the positive in things, even my wobbly tummy :)
02 Mar 2015, 13:05
Hey Ladies @nursebean and @minsmum
Hope you had a good weekend. Mine was great - albeit that I wasn't able to fast on Sunday as due ... so my DODOing last week turned into a 4:3 but I was feeling real good on it. Yesterday we hosted a thingy which involved eating rich foods so my stomach is really glad of the rest time today. Thinking this through logically, although I really enjoy fasting on a Saturday, Sundays are going to be tricky ... so I may fall off the DODO wagon and drop back to 4:3 ... let's see how things develop over the next few weeks.

I lost 2 kilos in total last week. GREAT result for a week of discipline :victory: Really pleased with that and am hoping for a little bit more success this week - fingers crossed! Hope you're on for a good one ladies :grin:
Kelly
02 Mar 2015, 17:46
Hi @Kelly25-tr wow 2kg...whoop whoop well done you x the DODO wagon doesn't let you fall off, it gently eases you off, the waits for you to get back on!! Meh I think even if you miss the occasional Sunday fast you're still DODO! Can't beat a thingy with food though! Always up for one of those Image
I'm feeling the need to weigh myself soon, I don't do weigh ins as my scales are direct from the underworld and I avoid them at all cost, don't remember when I got on them last. But I'm feeling the need for an adventure and stepping on them may just do the job. Won't be yet as the batteries are flat!
03 Mar 2015, 10:09
Hey ladies,
Well it's an eating day for me today and I am grateful for that. I don't know if any of you are the same but the morning after a fast I am particularly hungry. This has only started since I started DoDo'ing... never had this problem on 5:2. The last few eat days I have had a normal "small" breakfast but had to eat an hour or two later as felt ravenous and grumpy with it even though first breakfast is healthy and ordinarily would tide me over until lunch. After that second small brekkie, I'm OK to go for the rest of the day. ... IDK... :?: Could be tiredness contributing as well I suppose (lack of sleep this last few weeks).
Minsmum your scales sound like an experience :dazed: Mine aren't exactly state of the art but they do the job....Maybe when we've both reached target we could invest in some more modern articles? I fancy a set that measures body fat to motivate me with the workouts but don't want to get obsessive :geek: so at present, I'm OK to stick with my un-trendy model.... so long as the digits trend downwards!
03 Mar 2015, 14:12
Meet the little guy that lives in my scales Image he has told me I'm 1 stone, 14 stone, 22 stone all in one day (I am none of these) he just plays about with me, he even told me I was 4 stone when I was 3 feet away sitting on the loo minding my own business!! so now I just scowl and walk on by!

@Kelly25-tr more often than not I'm not hungry after a fast, always been that way for me, dunno why. Minsdad is the opposite and wakes up and runs to the kitchen. I'm quite happy to wait until lunchtime. Then the feasting commences!! It's a food day for me too, don't you just love them
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22 Next
318 posts Page 13 of 22