The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

318 posts Page 4 of 22
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
Re: ADF Attic (or DODO's Den)
14 Jan 2015, 08:29
No, I don't mean head phones. I mean ear plugs. They are soft and rubbery and people using noisy machinery use them. The idea is to block out noise. You can get them at chemists, I imagine.
14 Jan 2015, 09:08
Hi @sallyo thanks.. i know exactly the sort you mean.. Ive got several sets of them in bright yellow and pink! given to me by someone who works in a noisy factory but they're not that effective,despite the claims they are industrial strength. They just muffle the noise a bit and ping out of your ears every now and then!
Even with headphones on listening to the radio,i can hear it. He has quiet phases, but is in a noisy phase at the moment. You can hear his tv blasting as you approach his front door. The real solution wd be for Dear Neighbour to use the subtitles,turn his tv down ( i do both so as not to disturb anyone) and get a set of headphones if he wants his tv / radio on loud.
One of the probs of living in apartments i guess..very often young tenants blast music,older tenants turn their tvs up! A bit of consideration for others goes a long way doesn't it xx
PS i better scram outa this Tent! I' m not an ADF er! X
14 Jan 2015, 10:34
Neither am I. But I feel for you. That is an unacceptable situation!
14 Jan 2015, 12:18
Thanks @sallyo! No noise from Dear Neighbour's telly right now - he is busy drilling! X
14 Jan 2015, 22:40
You don't think he's trapped under something heavy do you Candy?! :wink:
Well that's yet another fast under my belt. Think I need to find more filling foods because today I felt a bit on the peckish :confused:
Roll on tomorrow...
14 Jan 2015, 22:56
Enjoy yourself tomozz Miss Bean @nursebean and have some goodies!
I' ll be doing my thursday fast and aiming for a very verrrry good one! :smile: x
15 Jan 2015, 00:44
Another second day, another fast. Maybe that didn't quite work. I had a big blowout yesterday, at a new Italian restaurant. I would say that's mostly a good blowout for me though--other than dessert, it wasn't junk. It's nice to be overly full every now and then. No, this thought is not stopping me from feeling guilty :-( Hopefully a fast will make me feel a bit more virtuous.
15 Jan 2015, 11:30
Hello all, hope life is good, your hair is the right colour and that your fasts are going well. Nothing much to report today no noisy neighbours, no card sharks, just life plodding on which is good :)
Had my first taste of Marmite chocolate last night. I am not a big chocolate eater, give me a sausage roll any day, but this, oh my!!! I will limit myself to a square at a time and savour every moment. It was...........divine. But I'm fasting today, so I shall just look lovingly at it, may even have to stroke it.....but I shall save it for tomorrow and enjoy :)
15 Jan 2015, 12:17
Oh my @Minsmum marmite chocolate?!! :shock: I think even I would have to pass on that! Well, I hope your fast goes well today. I just scraped through mine yesterday by the skin of my teeth. Having said that, I still haven't eaten yet and its gone 12!! Its amazing how the hunger pangs come and go isn't it. Just a bit of will power and you can get past it.
Today, though, I am having fish pie for lunch and its one that my mum has made so it'll be even better...plus croutons on the top! You have to have croutons! :wink:
And @Maryann if you're going to a new Italian Restaurant then I think you can be forgiven for having a 'blow-out'! I'd be the same. I LOVE Italian food. But thats the beauty of fasting. Tomorrow is either a repair day or a yummy day. We've got the best of both worlds haven't we...haven't we? :confused:
16 Jan 2015, 13:17
Well I'm fasting again today (soon comes round doesn't it). Mind you, I went a little crazy with silly food yesterday so I'm actually glad to have today. My tummy feels better already. In a way, fast days are easier than feast days aren't they.
Hope you fellow DODOs are doing ok.
:starving:
17 Jan 2015, 08:32
It seems I'm talking to myself at the moment. Just had my second weigh-in since starting this on the 2nd January. I've lost 1 pound. Just 1 measly pound. I must be doing something wrong. Not sure what. I don't want to lose weigh this slowly because I've got so much to lose (3 stone). I guess I need to tweak it somehow.
Slopes off despondently...
17 Jan 2015, 10:49
Hello all Atic dwellers,
This is my first fast day for about 18 months I fell off the wagon got up and ran the other way! I am now about half a stone heavier than when I first started fasting at the begining of 2013 :bugeyes: which is disappointing as I lost around a stone when I was being reasonably good I'm not even sure why I stopped as I was finding the fasting easy most of the time.
But I'm back for a fresh start for what im calling "fasting 15" and I'm more determined than ever I want to lose around three and half to four stone this will take me to a weight I have not been since my teens, I am hoping to lose between half a pound and a pound a week which hopefully should see me hit my goal in around 18 months, I figure it took me 25 years to put it on so 18 months to take it off is pretty dam good.
With that I'm mind @nursebean your 1llb in two weeks sounds pretty good to me and you should be proud :victory:
17 Jan 2015, 11:24
nursebean wrote: It seems I'm talking to myself at the moment. Just had my second weigh-in since starting this on the 2nd January. I've lost 1 pound. Just 1 measly pound. I must be doing something wrong. Not sure what. I don't want to lose weigh this slowly because I've got so much to lose (3 stone). I guess I need to tweak it somehow.
Slopes off despondently...

Bean do you remember the horizon diet program. The first week will be excess water, now what you are losing is fat. Go re watch it. The last programme if I'm right,
Keep going this is the bit where you lose that wobbly stuff.
I haven't weighed yet, fingers crossed.
17 Jan 2015, 13:24
I'm trying to stick with it, even if I have an occasional half-fast day. Like today, I had my usual start to a fast day, but dinner (a pot luck shinnenkai - New Year's party - with my lab put me over 500, but still less than 1000. I'll have a non-fast day tomorrow (and another party), and proper fasts MWF.
17 Jan 2015, 22:24
I didn't think the weight loss would slow so dramatically after just one week. I thought I'd at least have a month before it turned into 1lb a week. Oh boy, its going to be a long journey :frown: Never mind, fast day tomorrow. :starving:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
318 posts Page 4 of 22