The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

80 posts Page 5 of 6
Re: It's my fastiversary!!
23 Oct 2013, 21:41
carorees wrote: This day last year I did my first fast. Gosh it was a hard slog! But I succeeded! And now a year later, today's weigh-in shows that I've shed 31.5kg (69.5 lbs; a smidge under 5 stone)
Plus:

• My waist has shrunk by at least 25 cm (10 inches)...not sure exactly how much as I didn't measure my waist at first.
  • I've gone from a size 20 (UK) to a size 12.
  • My BMI has decreased from 38.6 to 27
  • My % body fat has gone from at least 50 (I didn't get body fat analyser scales until nearly 6 months in) to 36.7.
  • My blood pressure has dropped from 150/100 to 127/80.
  • I've learned a massive amount about weight loss, nutrition, metabolism, exercise.
  • I've discovered that being hungry is just temporary.
  • I've gone from feeling that my weight would continually increase until the associated health problems would send me to an early grave to feeling that I am in control of my weight and also my health.

And last, but by no means least, I've met a lovely bunch of virtual friends here on the forum.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

In summary...its all good!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Flip me :shock: AMAZING, congratulations. That hard slog was the first foundations to where you are today and where you will be in the future. :victory:
23 Oct 2013, 22:00
Wow! Congratulations on your fastiversary and fantastic achievements :like:

I must add my thanks to you for all that you do for this forum. This WOE and the support of this forum has changed my life :smile:
24 Oct 2013, 12:35
Your results are amazing, congratulations.

Happy fastiversary.
24 Oct 2013, 13:05
Happy anniversary.

The site wouldn't be anywhere near as good without your helpful input. :victory:
24 Oct 2013, 14:43
happy FASTIVERSARY (love that word!)! And thanks so much for all your help! :heart:
24 Oct 2013, 15:11
You are amazing and look fantastic! Thanks for all of your great posts, always so helpful and a joy to read! ta, pm
24 Oct 2013, 17:43
Congratulations to you! Your results are amazing. Thank you for sharing your success and for being such an inspiration on this WOE! Rock on!! :like:
24 Oct 2013, 18:30
Congratulations!!! 12months is a long time . I think you have proved this woe is sustainable :victory:
25 Oct 2013, 19:44
An amazing transformation Caroline, congratulations. :victory:
26 Oct 2013, 01:28
WTG!!!!!
26 Oct 2013, 07:39
Absolutley brilliant and congratulations to you
07 Dec 2013, 23:45
Congratulations - what a girl - we will try and emulate you.

Merry Christmas

regards

peter
05 Nov 2014, 16:03
Last year:
carorees wrote: This day last year I did my first fast. Gosh it was a hard slog! But I succeeded! And now a year later, today's weigh-in shows that I've shed 31.5kg (69.5 lbs; a smidge under 5 stone)
Plus:

• :star: My waist has shrunk by at least 25 cm (10 inches)...not sure exactly how much as I didn't measure my waist at first.
  • :star: I've gone from a size 20 (UK) to a size 12.
  • :star: My BMI has decreased from 38.6 to 27
  • :star: My % body fat has gone from at least 50 (I didn't get body fat analyser scales until nearly 6 months in) to 36.7.
  • :star: My blood pressure has dropped from 150/100 to 127/80.
  • :star: I've learned a massive amount about weight loss, nutrition, metabolism, exercise.
  • :star: I've discovered that being hungry is just temporary.
  • :star: I've gone from feeling that my weight would continually increase until the associated health problems would send me to an early grave to feeling that I am in control of my weight and also my health.

And last, but by no means least, I've met a lovely bunch of virtual friends here on the forum.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

In summary...its all good!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

This year:
Today is the second anniversary of my first weigh-in - I forgot to post on my fastiversary! Oops!
Since this time last year
  • :star: I've lost a further 11 kg making a total of 42 kg in all.
  • :star: My waist has shrunk by a further 7cm.
  • :star: I've gone from a size 12 (UK) to a size 8-10.
  • :star: My BMI has decreased from 27 to 23.
  • :star: My % body fat has gone from 36.7 to 28.5.
  • :star: My blood pressure has dropped from 127/80 to 118/75.
  • :star: I've learned even more about weight loss, nutrition, metabolism, exercise.
  • :star: I reached my target (after lowering it a fair bit) and have been maintaining for nearly 6 months.
  • :star: I've made bringing fasting to others through my work with FastDay my goal.

And I have met some of my :heart: lovely :heart: forum friends in person, some via the magic of Skype and continued to make new friends here.

This year's summary then: it's even better!
05 Nov 2014, 17:09
Fabaroony caro. What an achievement.
Looking forward to seeing more and more new people losing here with your help and guidance.
80 posts Page 5 of 6