The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

244 posts Page 10 of 17
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17 Next
Re: March Equinox Challenge
14 Feb 2015, 15:28
Here I am holding my head in shame! I've had a dreadful week. A whole pile of bad stuff happened with my oldest daughter and I've been so stressed out. Whilst I am not an emotional eater I found that I was mentally hungry this week so I've eaten too much and my fast days haven't really worked out. I've put on 3lb, so I'm back to where I started at 11st 7lb. We've now found out the cause of my daughters problems and are working to help her so my stress levels should lower but...I am out tonight and Tuesday - tonight I am ten pin bowling with my work colleagues which involves fish and chips afterwards and on Tuesday evening I am meeting an ex work colleague for a meal. I'm not giving up, I can still do this.
14 Feb 2015, 19:06
@Wildmissus life has a funny way of getting to us sometimes. Enjoy your nights out and I am sure you'll be back on it in no time. :smile:
14 Feb 2015, 21:43
20 update, 90.1kg so an increase of 0.8kg.
Not sure what though, week was ok, have to keep at it next week.
Happy Valentines day everyone.
15 Feb 2015, 05:10
omg I saw 73.5 yesterday and again today on the scales

I better put in a good fast tomorrow

The beauty of daily weighing. You know when you slip up and can react immedately. If you weigh once a week. and Monthly would be a disaster. (just my opinion)
15 Feb 2015, 05:12
wildmissus wrote: Here I am holding my head in shame! I've had a dreadful week. A whole pile of bad stuff happened with my oldest daughter and I've been so stressed out. Whilst I am not an emotional eater I found that I was mentally hungry this week so I've eaten too much and my fast days haven't really worked out. I've put on 3lb, so I'm back to where I started at 11st 7lb. We've now found out the cause of my daughters problems and are working to help her so my stress levels should lower but...I am out tonight and Tuesday - tonight I am ten pin bowling with my work colleagues which involves fish and chips afterwards and on Tuesday evening I am meeting an ex work colleague for a meal. I'm not giving up, I can still do this.

Yes you can @wildmissus. Select your next 4 or 5 fast days and stick to each and every rule about how you eat and how much and dont go over any limit. Determination willpower and the knowledge that you will have a good result by the end of the month.
16 Feb 2015, 00:06
I wasn't going to check in this week as I wasn't convinced my weight was accurate due to TOTM(yes, still). I weighed in on Sat at 10 st 6 ish (which is a gain of 2lb) but ideally I should have weighed on Friday, as I've switched fast days to Monday and Wednesday and I like to weigh 2 days after the last fast day. I didn't weigh on Friday so had to on Saturday instead. I didn't agree that I'd gained that much and when I weighed on Sunday, amazingly I'd gone down to 10 st 2.75lb. So still not sure if it's accurate but I'm having it :)
Sunday 15th weight 10st 2.75
loss of 1.25lb
total loss 3.25lb
16 Feb 2015, 14:17
#10 with a late check in for last week! I'm afraid I was up .8 which makes me just -1.8 for the challenge. I'd better get busy!
16 Feb 2015, 19:26
Bit later than usual checking in due to having been laid low with a stomach bug (very nasty!) for a few days.

Still - I am down to 14.6 and I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't bounce back up again so heading in the right direction at last.
17 Feb 2015, 08:39
#12 checking in I've stayed the same this week

I'm resigned to the fact I may put on this week with pancake day and two lots of birthday celebrations for Hubby's 50th but going to try and limit the damage as far as I can without being a party pooper ....got to remember this is a WOL and not some life limiting quick fix !
20 Feb 2015, 04:21
Hello hello March Equinox Challengers! I am sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I am just back from a stressful, busy business trip, and I barely have had a chance to look at the forum, much lest post updates. Things should be calmer now…

While I was away, we passed the halfway point on February 16th! By Feb 16, we had lost a total of 36.9 lbs! Considering there are only 33 of us, and quite a few are maintaining or doing other challenges, that's a great number! Well done everyone.

Congrats in particular to @Brand-ie, who has lost 8lbs, our biggest loser. I'd also like to personally congratulate all the maintainers, since this is something I find so difficult!

Also, there are a few of you we haven't heard from in awhile. Please pop in and let us know how it is going!
@Karenm
@judithn
@justdee
@Pudpud17
@nursebean
@Debs
@Maggie
@Minsmum
@Mahalo
@bofa45
@OscartheWestie
@Matillian
20 Feb 2015, 09:37
I've gone up 2lb this week. Not a big surprise really as TOTM and the carb craving was clashed with half term never a good combination. Still never mind always next week. Off to take the kids out to lunch today for being good this half term.
21 Feb 2015, 09:43
#7 reporting in with a Loss of 1.6 lbs since last update. Weight is now 132.4 lbs. I'm feeling very pleased with my efforts on normal days. That's made the difference I think, which may also be due to keeping carbs at bay! :like: I will respond to the others on the challenge later today. Thinking of you. :clover: :heart:
21 Feb 2015, 09:47
I'm more or less staying the same at the moment having gained 4 oz! Eating fish & chips on a night out on Wednesday probably didn't help! I must eat less on my eating days & really knuckle down to losing some weight :frown:
21 Feb 2015, 17:25
I wanted to quote some lovely positive things people write when faced with weight gain or difficulties recently, but my computer skills aren't up to it. It does pay to fix on those little positive comments because they touch us all. One shouldn't lose sight of the fact that this is all infinitely do-able! It needs time and patience, and common sense and a great forum.....
E.g. @Brand-ie"Still never mind always next week"
RedRobin wrote: #12 checking in I've stayed the same this week.........got to remember this is a WOL and not some life limiting quick fix !

wildmissus wrote: Here I am holding my head in shame! ..... I'm not giving up, I can still do this.

And the list of possible quotes is far longer than this, I noticed today that just about every post has a good thought in it..... :heart: :clover:
21 Feb 2015, 20:53
@Katharina I weigh 4 and half stone lighter than when I started this WOE/L 13 months ago I also go jogging at least twice / 3 times a week. It is easy to stay positive when there is a bit of a blip. I don't let myself not enjoy my food because i don't want to make that the issue but I know I had to change. I like reading everyones posts in the challenges because they help spur me on whether there is loose or not. :smile:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17 Next
244 posts Page 10 of 17