The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 72 of 111
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 111 Next
it will have to be a virtual one for now. red cranberry juice is hard enough to find in okinawa...
coffeetime wrote: Member 119 checking in - or out. :frown:

I've been looking at my stats and noticed that I've been hovering between 9st 6lb and 9st 9lb since June. I think (well I know) that I'm not going to get to my Xmas goal, so much bad stuff going on in my life atm and I have no will power to change the way I've been eating. Fast days are OK, at least the ones I don't mess up, but non fast days are out of control. The more I try to eat sensibly the more food I shovel in. I was on maintenance for a few weeks and then decided to try losing more weight but it's not working.

The most sensible thing for me is to go back to maintenance again, I don't really need to get any thinner, I'm now the same size as I was 20 years ago.

I'm sorry I won't be able to help with the overall Christmas weight loss. Good luck to you all. :clover:

Oh dear coffeetime about your troubles. Dont despair and if you need to be on maintenance just whilst things settle for you thats perfectly fine. and im sure every other of the 148 members would agree. December 1 i will make an announcment for everyone to do a Dec 1 full review of where they are at and where they think they can get by Dec 25 in the last 3 weeks to Christmas. Will need you to all weigh yourselves by Dec 3 if your around online if you can and update your siggies. even if a weigh in is not "due " for you.

So Coffeetime, do take care and worry less.
I've put a pound back on - sure it's only temporary! I blame @merlin and @callyanna for leading me astray yesterday and force feeding me that delicious tartlet aux champignons!

A fast today will sort it, never fear! Hold the cocktails for me, @rawkaren, until the weekend!
No 9 peeking in through the tent opening as no luck ... stalled, will fast again on weekend as this week is busy for me. Hooroo for now am off for now but will be back for 1/12/13 shebang. If any news you will surely hear me. No cocktails for me :(
Tomorrow is my birthday. I always had a day off when working so not fasting either. If I'm a very lucky bunny I might get taken out to lunch, depending on how OH is feeling.
There's a distinct possibility of cake too!
Number 63 finally popping her head in - no loss here I'm afraid, been on a plateau since July. I'm doing 2 liquid fasts a week, and trying to keep my carbs down, but no change. I'm trying 16:8 today - hated waiting so long for my breakfast, but it does make sense to stretch out the night time fast.

Good luck all.
I'm staying. :grin:

I don't want to leave this group, I'll miss out on the hilarious banter - and the cocktails :drink:
....and I need to be here to help keep my maintenance under control.

I want to stay here to congratulate the 'losers' and join in with the hugs when needed for those who get stuck or worse still gain!

So I'll be here to join in the Christmas celebrations - and the famous cocktails, I'll have to try them all as I can't make up my mind which to go for. :wink: :grin:
:razz: :party: :grin: :musical: :wink: :lol: :present: :drink: :bugeyes: :lol:
Hello there, number 5 checking in....

I've recently started daily weighing, it's fascinating! Lots of peaks and some troughs.

I've lost 800g since joining the Christmas club, that means 700g more to get to the magic SEVEN-ZERO on the scales. The lowest weight ever was last week at 70.4, so let's hope I don't sabotage this slow downward trend with all those Christmas goodies hovering in my line of vision every time I go shopping.

Well done to everyone!

Dimmit
Jumped on the scales post fast and still a half pound over my lowest weight.

This time I KNOW its sore muscle weight as I have just started at the gym with a very nice (say cute) qualified instructor, who isn't letting me use any weights over 1 kilo or my body weight only. He's nervous as hell about me injuring myself, but understands my need to stop the muscles antropying any more than they have. Plus he also see's the need to build up the neck muscles so the muscles are taking the strain and not the actual bones and disks of the spine. Another plus is trying to tighten up everything else as well. So NO running, no cross trainer, no treadmill as they all jar my neck and knee's, but the stationary bike is O.K.
But, I still have sore muscles today, which means I am carrying extra water/repair weight and swollen tissues. It should have settled down by the time I see my surgeon.
nice one Julie- how cute is he?\Glad you're staying coffeetime. :)
I might actually weigh one of these days. Still having breeks/trouser issues with serious bagginess and slippage being a real feature.
I might get a surprise!
Bit of eye candy at the gym then :wink:

Take it easy, don't over do it :like:
Its just not the instructor..... Its what seems to be the whole Luctonians Rugby teams at one time or another. Plus a nice spattering of footballers, basketball players etc.
I hope you are focusing on the reason for going :lol:
I think I should come with you as a chaperone @Julieathome.
I can keep an eye on them and beat them off you.
It seems like I have hit a plateau the last week or so. Since last Tuesday I have not lost anything - hopefully this friday it will show another loss again :confused:

I have done 4:3 the last 2 weeks and no overeating at all on normal days... :starving:
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 72 of 111