The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 81 of 111
Previous 1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 111 Next
#3 here (makes me think I'm in an episode of 'the Prisoner!!)
10 11 (and 3/4) was too good to last and am up to 10 12 (and a half) today.
But, the trend is still down!
coffeetime wrote: Hi @Juliana.Rivers, how do we calculate the weight loss prevented when we are on maintenance? I'm not the world's best mathematician and as the years go by I have trouble doing the simplest sums. :confused: :cry: :bugeyes:

We can do that by comparing our current TDEE with TDEE at the start of using 5:2. You can find current TDEE at the progress tracker. For the TDEE at start: enter a new ‘weigh-in data’ using your weight at the start of 5:2. Check the tracker home and you see the TDEE at start of 5:2. Write it down and delete the new data.
Take the difference between TDEE at start and current TDEE (for me that’s 200), divide it by 1100 and you get the weekly weight gain in kg. It is the weight gain that you would get in a week if you would today have been eating according to you diet at the start of 5:2. So, it is the weight gain that you have prevented by your current successful maintenance strategy (for me that’s 0.18 kg.). In case your weight at start of 5:2 was not stable, but was rising: add the weekly weight gain that you had at the start.
Total weight gain prevented is number of weeks on maintenance in the Xmas club times the weekly weight gain prevented. (for me: 4*180=720 grams)
Make sure you update your total weight gain prevented each week by adding another 'weekly weight gain prevented' to your total!
Just remember, if our brains look like those of mice, 5:2 is supposed to make us smarter as well, you I am sure you will all be able to make these caculations :wink:
I hope it's ok but I don't want to weigh myself until the final day. When is that by the way? 24th or 25th? Anyway, I feel the weight is not shifting as quickly as I'd like and I don't want to become dispondent if I weigh too often. Don't think I'll reach my personal goal...hey ho :-(
:grin: Even though I joined this group 17th October, my weight went up & continued to fluctuate between 99-100 kg since. Frustrated yes, as I have struggled to stay under that 'treble' figure :( so tweeked my fast days by actually eating 500 cals worth off just protein (usually only liquid fasted for 36 hours) and have done very low carb & high protein on feast days - just to get the body shocked again! So far so good! Good luck everyone!!! :)
nursebean wrote: I hope it's ok but I don't want to weigh myself until the final day. When is that by the way? 24th or 25th? Anyway, I feel the weight is not shifting as quickly as I'd like and I don't want to become dispondent if I weigh too often. Don't think I'll reach my personal goal...hey ho :-(

Thats fine if you would prefer not to weight yourself til "final " day.

good question re which day. you make a good point. everyone will be up to the neck in present wrapping, last minute shopping, turkey stuffing, putting up trees or whatever it is one occupies themselves with so crazy for us to try and squeeze in a weigh on Christmas morning, and worse report it so yeah lets make it Dec 24 for final weigh in. in deed we want to weigh well BEFORE Christmas. so it may as well be Christmas eve

if you know you will be really busy you can of course do final weigh in say Dec 22 or even dec 20 which is the Friday before the D-Day or X-day.
Welshsupergirl wrote: :grin: Even though I joined this group 17th October, my weight went up & continued to fluctuate between 99-100 kg since. Frustrated yes, as I have struggled to stay under that 'treble' figure :( so tweeked my fast days by actually eating 500 cals worth off just protein (usually only liquid fasted for 36 hours) and have done very low carb & high protein on feast days - just to get the body shocked again! So far so good! Good luck everyone!!! :)

Thank you for reporting in!

your plan sounds like a good plan.

Though in saying so dont "shock" the body too much, and stay healthy in your journey to a healthy weight for Christmas. Slow and steady.
Thank you @P-JK, I was able to follow your instructions and my prevented weight gain is 0.14kg. As I've only been on maintenance officially for 1 week that isn't much but it will add to the overall weight loss for us all. Perhaps it will be more when added to any actual loss I may have - if I don't pig out before Christmas.
Cheers :grin:
Nearly there! Scales showed 70.2kg this morning so Christmas target is within reach. This weekend I'll try to stay within TDEE as that might have been the problem last weekend.
Time to party! I have reached my goal, woohoo!

With a total loss of 1.6kg since starting in the Christmas club I am now 59.4kg!

Thanks to @Juliana.Rivers I have been very focused on what I put into my mouth. I have cracked down on mindless snacking. It has been worth it as I lost just over a kilo this month and I haven't lost a kilo in a month since Jun-July.

My aim now is to stay focused until Christmas, lose within reason as much as I can so I can sit back and relax on Christmas day and enjoy the food guilt free knowing that I really can't ruin everying in one day. What I do put on in the week of Christmas-New Year festivites I know I can lose as I have tools that work for me.

edited: typo.
MaryAnn wrote: Another new low for me: 64.1. That's 3kg down since joining CC and .2 from my revised goal.

stayed at 64.1 and yesterday was a non-fast day. With any luck, tomorrow when I step on the scales (today is a fast day)...
Hi,

I'm down another 2lbs in weight.

I've lost 7.6lbs.

Almost there!
I haven't heard any talk of virtual martinis/cocktails in awhile. I'm not quite at (revised) goal yet, but close. And I'm thirsty! ;-)
:heart: Member #105 reporting in :heart:
With a loss of 750 grams :heart:
so yes I'm happy with that for this week :heart: :heart: Sue :heart:
Gahhhh I'm finally under 9st :D 1.5 lbs lost, makes up for last week's 0.5lb gain. Just another 2.5lbs or so to go :)
YES I DID IT :grin: :grin: :like:

My best birthday gift this morning has definately been, when I put myself on the scale:

NOW 69,7 kg - I HAVE REACHED MY GOAL... I am so HAPPY, so now I am going for maintenance.

Weightloss this week: 0.600kg

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :victory: :like:

Wishing you all good luck for your own goals :heart:

Pia :heart:
Previous 1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 81 of 111