The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 17 of 111
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 111 Next
MaryAnn wrote: #15 reporting. I just calculated that I have to lose 400g a week to reach my goal. I'm feeling disheartened by the weight going up, but I'm hanging in there. I already do 4:3, so I can't really add fasts, but I might try low carbing.

I'm having a rough time at work lately, so I really need something to be happy about.

Keep at it. you can only do your best
carieoates wrote: Ok I'm in then. And there Was I thinking I couldn't join. As I'd hate to fail I'm being conservative with the goal of 12 stone 9 or 82kg that's a 4lb or 2kg loss. Because I'm having surgery in 7 weeks I will probably gain through not being able to exercise.

Welcome aboard Carieoates member 61
Thelovelysqueaky wrote: Yes,me too!
(Although, I don't expect to make it by Christmas - maybe by my year anniversary.....)
Good idea though!

thelovelysqueaky you are member 62!
rawkaren wrote: Over in the titchies tent, we were talking about a 5% goal by Christmas, so looks like we are merging a few tents into a big Christmas marquee. For me this means 3.1kg and if Santa can deliver me that, I would be a very happy elf. :cool: :cool:

5% sounds good. whats the TITCHIES tent. sounds like fun
Vildekhaya wrote: I am struggling this week and I've gone UP 1.5kg :-(

I had a total carb binge over the weekend after eating very few in recent weeks. I scarfed my way through pretty much a whole loaf of posh artisan bread on Sunday (possibly PMS). Then Monday I woke up feeling rough and although I tried to fast, it being a regular day, I failed. I was just too hungry. Tuesday I was floored by a cold and although I attempted to fast, to make up for Tuesday, I failed again. Yesterday I didn't even bother trying to fast - I still felt cold-ridden and was ravenously hungry so I ate. And ate. And ate.

I am fasting today - it's a regular day for me. I wasn't surprised when I stood on the scales this morning but I hope it'll drop off again soon. I've not eaten anything yet today although I'm about to make myself a little something. I'm glad to be back on track.

if its a good fast im sure things will be down down down on the scales
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
rawkaren wrote: Over in the titchies tent, we were talking about a 5% goal by Christmas, so looks like we are merging a few tents into a big Christmas marquee. For me this means 3.1kg and if Santa can deliver me that, I would be a very happy elf. :cool: :cool:

5% sounds good. whats the TITCHIES tent. sounds like fun

Number 56 here. It's English slang for really short people. :shock: Sorry!
Hello there, Dimmit here, number 5!

I'm feeling a lot less gloomy than yesterday - this morning's weigh in after yesterday's successful fast (as long as you overlook the mini piece of swiss roll and the mini glass of red wine in front of the telly last night) was a glorious 70.6kg. My 6 week plateau where I hovered between 71 and 72 seems to have been smashed. At last!

I realized I was overdoing the sweet, white carbs on the feast days, and once I stopped that and started filling up on veggies instead (but still having mini bits of sweet, white carbs because I'm still addicted), it took about a week for the gut to empty (sorry if TMI) and the weight to drop.

Now I do honestly feel there's a real chance of making 69.x by Christmas!
dimmit wrote: Hello there, Dimmit here, number 5!

I'm feeling a lot less gloomy than yesterday - this morning's weigh in after yesterday's successful fast (as long as you overlook the mini piece of swiss roll and the mini glass of red wine in front of the telly last night) was a glorious 70.6kg. My 6 week plateau where I hovered between 71 and 72 seems to have been smashed. At last!

I realized I was overdoing the sweet, white carbs on the feast days, and once I stopped that and started filling up on veggies instead (but still having mini bits of sweet, white carbs because I'm still addicted), it took about a week for the gut to empty (sorry if TMI) and the weight to drop.

Now I do honestly feel there's a real chance of making 69.x by Christmas!

Now that's the positive spirit and enthusiasm that we want to foster in the tent.

Well done... banish those 71s and 72s. i love how you guiltily admitted to the swiss roll and wine. its funny how on the diet and particularly on fast days we are so conscious of ever morsel. i think actually if weve had a good day its ok to treat ourselves.. even if its just a piece of chocolate. it doesnt mean we suddently end up a 100g more next day. as long as its not a block of chocolate.

In my case, i think ive successfully banished the 72s now.. just gotta work on the 71s. (i can remember when i could never budge from the 73s.. hey this diet works!!! :grin:

Anyone else as enthusiastic as Dimmit (and me).
Hi all

I would love to join your group and my goal is to hit 10st. I have 9lb to go and I have my eyes on the prize xx
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
Vildekhaya wrote: I am struggling this week and I've gone UP 1.5kg :-(

I had a total carb binge over the weekend after eating very few in recent weeks. I scarfed my way through pretty much a whole loaf of posh artisan bread on Sunday (possibly PMS). Then Monday I woke up feeling rough and although I tried to fast, it being a regular day, I failed. I was just too hungry. Tuesday I was floored by a cold and although I attempted to fast, to make up for Tuesday, I failed again. Yesterday I didn't even bother trying to fast - I still felt cold-ridden and was ravenously hungry so I ate. And ate. And ate.

I am fasting today - it's a regular day for me. I wasn't surprised when I stood on the scales this morning but I hope it'll drop off again soon. I've not eaten anything yet today although I'm about to make myself a little something. I'm glad to be back on track.

if its a good fast im sure things will be down down down on the scales

It was. I had about 480 cals but ate almost nothing until early evening so I reckoned Id gone 22 hours without food. Was so happy to get on the scales this morning and discovered I'd lost 1.2kg of the 1.5 kg I put on earlier in the week!
Hey I'm sorry, I forgot to say my goal. Well, I'm currently 11st 13ib so to be 10st anything would be great...but is it achievable?! Only time will tell I guess :-)
Can I join? I've been reluctant up to now, as I've been on a plateau since July so didn't want to hope for too much. But it seems to be shifting again, so my goal is to be 9 stone something : 63.5kg. About 1kg to lose.

Good luck everyone.
I would also like to join please. I am hoping to reach my original target of 12 st around my fastiversary on 12 November so I shall be optimstic and say 11st 10lb ( eek!)
Minumonline wrote: Can I join? I've been reluctant up to now, as I've been on a plateau since July so didn't want to hope for too much. But it seems to be shifting again, so my goal is to be 9 stone something : 63.5kg. About 1kg to lose.

Good luck everyone.

Yes, come and join us Minumonline. Your are officially [color=#0080BF]Member number 63[/color]. 1kg should be achievable.. go go go.
nursebean wrote: Hey I'm sorry, I forgot to say my goal. Well, I'm currently 11st 13ib so to be 10st anything would be great...but is it achievable?! Only time will tell I guess :-)

13 pounds in 7 weeks or so means you have to lose 2 pounds a week. what do you think other troop in the tent?
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 17 of 111