The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 4 of 111
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 111 Next
Yes, I am in! Sticking to 70,5 kg for 2 weeks now. Very much looking forward to see a 6 on the scale. And I want to keep the 6 until Christmas!
pamico wrote: Count me in! I am 71 now and MUST see number 6 before Christmas. It is my present to myself.

Of course pamico hope the other 17 of us can encourage you to reach that magic number! Member number 18
kmatildat wrote: I just cracked 70! Can I please join? My goal would be 60 - 65kg.
Matilda

kamatildat... welcome to the Christmas lose weight club. 60 to 65 it will be for you! Member number 19
MissyMoo wrote: Please may I join....?? I am hovering between 11.5 and 11.7 on a regular basis at the moment and this will give me a push and shove!!

MissyMoo Member number 20. We shall push and shove you till you get there... with your approval of course
Rasa wrote: Yes, I am in! Sticking to 70,5 kg for 2 weeks now. Very much looking forward to see a 6 on the scale. And I want to keep the 6 until Christmas!

Rasa, you are member number 21

Your wish to see 6 as the first number on the scale shall be granted by Christmas. You have only 500g to go... yippeee.. good luck you may get there before the rest.
The number I vow never to see again - for now - is 72. Although I've not lost much overall in the last month or so, I've "consolidated" to 71.x. Even with a big blow out long weekend - you should have seen how many chocolate croissants I consumed for breakfast, and how much wine at dinner - I still didn't go back above the 72. Although this WOE is slow, it feels sustainable, that I'm "really" now 71kg, not just temporarily. So the goal is to be "really" 69kg by Christmas!! :geek:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
MissyMoo wrote: Please may I join....?? I am hovering between 11.5 and 11.7 on a regular basis at the moment and this will give me a push and shove!!

MissyMoo Member number 20. We shall push and shove you till you get there... with your approval of course

Hi - I've been struggling for the past month or so (long story, post elsewhere on the forum so I'm not going to bore you all with it!)..... I need a kick up the bum and a severe push and shove too..... so can I join this little group please ... making member No 22 or 23, not sure which :oops: If I could get under the 11st mark by Christmas it would give me a bit of a perk up - along with all of you. I might struggle a bit ... please shout loudly at me.... I've got to get back on this wagon before the winter really draws in and there's all that comfort food to be eaten :shock:
Yes please Juliana! I'm 73.6kg and seem to be a slow loser (pretty happy not to be gaining though!)

This is just the encouragement I need. :like:
Suchard007 wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:

Hi - I've been struggling for the past month or so (long story, post elsewhere on the forum so I'm not going to bore you all with it!)..... I need a kick up the bum and a severe push and shove too..... so can I join this little group please ... making member No 22 or 23, not sure which :oops: If I could get under the 11st mark by Christmas it would give me a bit of a perk up - along with all of you. I might struggle a bit ... please shout loudly at me.... I've got to get back on this wagon before the winter really draws in and there's all that comfort food to be eaten :shock:

The pushing and shoving will be extended to you Suchard007, member number 22

We will get you there and shout, but gently. Comfort food can often be in the form of fairly low cal things I think. but hey good topic for the forum, what diet food do you consider as "comfort food" i.e. it makes you feel good but isnt calorific in nature.
Otter wrote: Yes please Juliana! I'm 73.6kg and seem to be a slow loser (pretty happy not to be gaining though!)

This is just the encouragement I need. :like:

Welcome aboard Otter Member number 23 your around my weight too so we both have our eyes on that calendar.
Im excited. 23 members already all keen to get their bodies and minds ready for Christmas cheer.

thus far

Member 1 Juliana.Rivers juliana-rivers-u5822

Member 2 juliewil10 juliewil10-u3363/

Member 3 PennyForthem pennyforthem-u511/

Member 4 Dhana dhana-u2578/

Member 5 dimmit dimmit-u8923/

Member 6 Dietingdebbie dietingdebbie-u2653/

Member 7 Alf alf-u6915/

Member 8 carorres carorees-u61/

Member 9 gillmary gillymary-u6556/

Member 10 wineoclock wineoclock-u3140/

Member 11 Azureblue azureblue-u527/

Member 12 Betsysgr8 betsysgr8-u3018/

Member 13 wildmissus wildmissus-u1108/

Member 14 silverdarling silverdarling-u6142/

Member 15 MaryAnn maryann-u4328/

Member 16 Ballerina ballerina-u1139/

Member 17 Janey47 janey47-u6402/

Member 18 Pamico pamico-u8054/

Member 19 kamatildat kmatildat-u11244/

Member 20 MissyMoo missymoo-u2931/

Member 21 Rasa rasa-u10371/

Member 22 Suchard007 suchard007-u777/

Member 23 Otter otter-u9709/

since this post..

Member 24Windsinger123 windsinger123-u1398/

Member 25 Bobby bobbyd98683-u9772/

was thinking when i have a bit of time ill do a bit of a summary of where we were at , say October 1 and where we want to be by the time Santa arrives at our chimneys/doorsteps. ho ho ho

come on everyone.. join in the party... if you arent in the 70 something zone, whether your higher or lower we can make this just a Christmas dash.. whatever your desired weight is in 12 weeks.
Low calorie comfort food has to be soup - I love garlic soup in the cold weather and nothing beats home made chicken soup. A super quick version of a type of garlic soup is to soften garlic in a little oil or butter and then to add a bouillon cube, and water of course and once it reaches the boil turn it off and add a beaten egg per portion. This is even better with garlicky fried bread croutons but you can leave those out if you want it lower cal.
dhana wrote: Low calorie comfort food has to be soup - I love garlic soup in the cold weather and nothing beats home made chicken soup. A super quick version of a type of garlic soup is to soften garlic in a little oil or butter and then to add a bouillon cube, and water of course and once it reaches the boil turn it off and add a beaten egg per portion. This is even better with garlicky fried bread croutons but you can leave those out if you want it lower cal.

Garlic soup sounds amazing Dhana. What would be the calories in a mug?
Unfortunately, my definition of comfort food is food that IS high in calories - I'm talking bangers and mash, fish and chips, steak and kidney pudding.... OK you get the gist. :confused: However, I'm willing to be re-educated and TBH my initiation into 5:2 all those months ago was made oh so much easier with soup, soup and more soup. So that's a positive to the coming dark cold days isn't it.. out comes my blender again and I'm back into homemade soups. In fact today was green pea soup, yesterday was cauliflower soup (and I must say that cauliflower soup is particularly scrumptious)..... so any suggestions of low cal comfort food would be greatly received, though, IMO it's a bit of a contradiction in terms :grin:
Cals. for the garlic soup would be around 120cals for a fairly generous amount of oil or butter used to often the garlic - The taste is so much more comforting and rich that I don't skimp, but if you add garlicky croutons it is obviously more. This will give you a generous bowlful! :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 4 of 111