The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 7 of 111
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 111 Next
SecondAlto wrote: I'd like to join too please? My goal is to lose 4kg by Christmas, currently 101.6kg so 97kg.

Got two weekends away planned in October so it's going to be a challenging time. But I am feeling so much better on this woe, my food choices are starting to get a lot better and I feel satisfied with a small taste of something sweet rather than a large portion!

Thank you for joining the group SecondAlto. The more the merrier. Member number 30

Go for it.
AbbieTaylor wrote: Feeling inspired.... any room for me in your tent? Not too good at conversions but am currently 11 stone 12 and so so so want to be 11 stone 6 by christmas. In fact there is a bet on it so I stand to gain 100 pounds (the good kind) if I manage it!

Come into the tent AbbieTaylor member number 31.

Its fun in here. Hardwork but fun nevertheless and a big reward at the end of teh camp. But only if you behave.
Hi fellow 69ers

Weigh in today and I am 72.2kg which is only 100g down from last week. But hey it's still down right? My excuse is a migraine and IBS flare up. Well that's what I'm telling myself :wink:

The great thing is my BMI is now healthy :victory: My weight loss is starting to slow down so I might need to mix things up a bit.

I weigh everyday and record on Libra. Yesterday I was 71.5 today 72.6 :bugeyes: But hey it all evens out so I don't sweat it. If you'd told me 5 months ago that weighing everyday was a good idea then I would have roundly poo pooed that idea. Then again when I first heard of 5:2 I dismissed it too :oops:

So here's to a downward slide to 69

Member #7 (I think)
Hi, may I please join, I am below 70 now but would like to lose 2kilos by Christmas (more if possible but that may be dreamin' ) Am 66-67 at the moment and my goal weight is 63 so if I can lose half that it would be a great Christmas present..... :grin:

Btw I love camping, I can bring my own 'thermarest' and down sleeping bag and try not to take up too much room, that tent sounds a bit crowded! :geek:
I think this tent might be a tardis is disguise Judio :-)
Judio wrote: Hi, may I please join, I am below 70 now but would like to lose 2kilos by Christmas (more if possible but that may be dreamin' ) Am 66-67 at the moment and my goal weight is 63 so if I can lose half that it would be a great Christmas present..... :grin:

Btw I love camping, I can bring my own 'thermarest' and down sleeping bag and try not to take up too much room, that tent sounds a bit crowded! :geek:

Yes, not too late to join Judio - member number 32

Bring on that magic 63 kg for you!

Im jealous you have the thermarest and sleeping bag. I just have a thing rubber mat. Though im ok with it as i normally sleep on my Futon bed which is like 3 inches deep. So i like it hard. :grin:
Alf wrote: Hi fellow 69ers

Weigh in today and I am 72.2kg which is only 100g down from last week. But hey it's still down right? My excuse is a migraine and IBS flare up. Well that's what I'm telling myself :wink:

The great thing is my BMI is now healthy :victory: My weight loss is starting to slow down so I might need to mix things up a bit.

I weigh everyday and record on Libra. Yesterday I was 71.5 today 72.6 :bugeyes: But hey it all evens out so I don't sweat it. If you'd told me 5 months ago that weighing everyday was a good idea then I would have roundly poo pooed that idea. Then again when I first heard of 5:2 I dismissed it too :oops:

So here's to a downward slide to 69

Member #7 (I think)

Ive always weighed myself daily since mid April and if i dare look week to week i often find the loss is merely 100g.. When i see a lost of 600g from one day to the next or even 1kg once, it feels really good. but weekly weight comparisons are scarier cause sometimes the weight loss from one week to the next is so small or i even see a weight gain.

Thinking about it, before 5-2 i used to weigh myself every day or so but never actually write it down.
Yes, I weigh every day too. This Saturday I went to my niece's wedding...I didn't overeat but I did have quite a few more drinks than usual (hic!) and the next day my weight was up by 500g. Might have been due to the sore muscles after unaccustomed dancing the night away! Today half of that has gone, hopefully tomorrow the rest will have also gone. Mind you, Libra is now showing my target date being early January, but still on track to reach 69.9 by Christmas. Will keep on keeping on!
Sorry been away for a few days. Do you mind if I squeeze back into the tent. :?: I'll need extra room after my indulgent long weekend!!! Back on track tomorrow. :grin:
I would love to, I'm currently plateauing at 11 st 12 (75.3 kg) but I'm a very slow loser - my Progress Tracker tells me I'm likely to reach 11 st 7 (my intermediate goal) by December 16th, so I don't think under 11 stone by 25th is realistic for me. Plus, I have 2 trips away to cope with before then!

But who knows, miracles do happen! :grin:

Anyhow - good luck to everyone who's pledged to this, I hope you all manage it and look forward to hearing the results!

:like: :clover:
Today the scale scowled out 70.9kgs.
Good grief.
24 hour fast today must surely help?
Just back with first fast today for months. Please can I join this as it will help me focus. I am currently 75kg and would love to get under 70.
Hi, I'd like to join too. To get in the 6's would be a dream come true. I seem to go up and down and was doing well until I went on holiday and its almost like I'm back to square one. Havent lost a great deal since I joined, nevertheless I am undeterred.
Wineoclock wrote: Sorry been away for a few days. Do you mind if I squeeze back into the tent. :?: I'll need extra room after my indulgent long weekend!!! Back on track tomorrow. :grin:

The tent flap is always open for you Wineoclock. you are still member number 10. Yes i know what you mean about indulgent long weekends. i normally fast on Sunday but switched sunday to monday. but it wasnt enough as i only lost 400g after a fast day which is on the low side. i aim for 800 or even a kilo if i can.
Bobshouse wrote: Just back with first fast today for months. Please can I join this as it will help me focus. I am currently 75kg and would love to get under 70.

Welcome back to intermittent fasting Bobshouse you are member 33

5kg in the 11 weeks or so is probably possible with strict attention to every mouthful on fast days :-)
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 7 of 111