The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 5 of 111
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 111 Next
Suchard007, I know what you mean about comfort food. I remember a program from Nigella Lawson all about comfort food.

this recipe collection might do the trick http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/coll ... lorie-soup
in particular.
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3456 ... in-minutes

for me a minestrone is always comforting at at only 160 calories, wow.

btw that site says kcalories. is that the same as calories?

Dhana, garlic is so healthy for you .. must try that soup.
This thread is developing into a classic :lol: :cool: half the forum seem to be piling in here :lol: :grin: reminds me of a girl guide camp when in one tent (mine of course :lol: :cool: ) there ended up, over the course of a single night, about 10 girls all scrunched up together ... While there were about 2 each in the other 3 tents :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: #littlemisspopular

Of course we were lined up and roundly told off the next morning :shock:
and we are sharing all our diet secrets in our "tent". Just looked at my progress tracker and if i extend the trend line out , i wont make my 69.9999 till after Feb so im gonna have to turn that around! and be a good girl guide for next 11 weeks!

Problem is its a long weekend in Sydney and traditionally i change my fast day to the Monday not the Sunday as i have friends coming around. So illl have to be exceptionally good next week, all week.
May I join in too? I am under 69kgs and maintaining and my goal is to stay at my current weight of 66kgs.

I have never been camping so may I squeeze into Silverdarling's tent? :smile:
Same here Juliana. Will be having FSB the next couple of days (as I'm at the Wigtown Book Festival in Galloway, SW Scotland) so will have to be super-vigilant next week :shock:
Still that's still 3 days away ... :lol: :wink: Be Prepared and all that :razz: :wink:
windsinger123 wrote: May I join in too? I am under 69kgs and maintaining and my goal is to stay at my current weight of 66kgs.

I have never been camping so may I squeeze into Silverdarling's tent? :smile:

Certainly windinger123 - member number 24 join in so that you can be sure you dont go above 66kg in weeks leading to Christmas.

Hey we only need another member for my target 25 minimum members! any takers?. you can be over or under 70's in kilos. Just a bit of a group gathering to focus on your "personal" 12 week pre-Christmas goal with intermittent fasting a key method.

btw if anyone needs to ever opt out of the group for health or other reasons, that's fine. this is more for fun and passion than anything to feel bad about.
Hi Juliana.

May I join your 69ers club too? It may be possible that I'll only be 125 by Christmas. Is that close enough for your club? I'm afraid, however, that I would look terrible at 69. hahaha 193cm tall at 69kg; I'd look like a bean pole.

Silverdarling, is there any room for a big bloke in that tent? I promise I'll behave.
bobbyd98683 wrote: Hi Juliana.

May I join your 69ers club too? It may be possible that I'll only be 125 by Christmas. Is that close enough for your club? I'm afraid, however, that I would look terrible at 69. hahaha 193cm tall at 69kg; I'd look like a bean pole.

Silverdarling, is there any room for a big bloke in that tent? I promise I'll behave.

Bobby yes of course. Lucky number 25 for you. Im sure you can get to your personal magic number of 125 in time for christmas stocking time when you have a good 3 days of treating yourself, about the time it lasts in Australia... actually thinking about it with the warm summer sun, people dont switch back on till about Jan 10!.

Big bloke in the tent sounds like fun but you must bear in mind the ladies in here are refined and always well behaved :grin: :grin: :grin:
woohoo i got my 25! but you can still join the more the merrier.

its not fast day for me today so i can indulge a bit and on the menu tonight is these.. a recipe on a wonderful program by Madhur Jaffrey called Curry Nation.

if you are fasting, dont look but even those in the club have to indulge every now and then.

not the official curry nation recipe but an interesting blog post

http://kitchenexperiments.net/2013/03/r ... ecipe.html

ill substitute the tamarind dipping sauce for my ultra hot home made chilli sauce.
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
bobbyd98683 wrote:

Big bloke in the tent sounds like fun but you must bear in mind the ladies in here are refined and always well behaved :grin: :grin: :grin:

Spoiling the fun already Juliana? :shock: :cry: :wink:
Betsysgr8 wrote: Spoiling the fun already Juliana? :shock: :cry: :wink:

Don't worry. With as much wine that is consumed on this board, I'm certain that whatever happens won't be remembered. :grin: :geek: :shock:
I fit here. I was 72.2kg this morning. I'm a bit warey of goals. I do do my 2 fasts pretty rigorously each week and I do eat nutritiously the other days. I got to under 75kg months ago and have hovered here for a long time. I'm not confident I can control my weight and I don't want to be disappointed. But I'm thinking about it. It would be fabulous to be in the 60s by Christmas. We'll see what summer brings.
Sallyo wrote: I fit here. I was 72.2kg this morning. I'm a bit warey of goals. I do do my 2 fasts pretty rigorously each week and I do eat nutritiously the other days. I got to under 75kg months ago and have hovered here for a long time. I'm not confident I can control my weight and I don't want to be disappointed. But I'm thinking about it. It would be fabulous to be in the 60s by Christmas. We'll see what summer brings.

Come and join us Sallyo - Member number 26

I know what you mean about goals. Even though I instigated this club, i weighed in at 71.9 after a fast (day before i was 72.8) but im scared i wont make it in time. But its a positive angst as i feel it;s willing me on and look forward to my "cleanse" days as i call them and also try to avoid too much on feast days. Im not a calorie counter on feast days but know i must trip up a bit at times.

So hopefully if you can have a good upcomnig 2 weeks Sallyo you might see the 71s so you can inch yourself to the 70s.

It can be done. I say positively for all of us in the club.
Me too, me too-please?
I've been hovering in the low 70's for weeks with an occasional peek at a 6 but just can't seem to go lower at the moment.
This will be a fun incentive to get there and stay- begone you 7!
Meant to say Julianna- what a big w/e in Sydney!
We even have Prince Harry here to help us celebrate! :shock:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 5 of 111