The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 33 of 111
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 111 Next
Juliana yes the prize is a big Thank-You from all the Christmas members :victory: :victory: Sue. :clover:
JM53 wrote: Hi, I'd like to join too. I weighed 190.7 this am and want my goal to be 185. I have a birthday and Thanksgiving with house guests for 5 days so I will have my work cut out.

Yes, of course, you are member number 107 with a goal of 185.5. thats right, thanksgiving is approaching in the USA. you all will need a post thanksgiving multi-repair week (not day) after all that. i hear its a big thing
Member #90 here. Depending on what I really weighed a week ago (you all may recall that the scales reading went up 1 1/2 pounds after my shower with no food, drink, etc), I have either lost a pound or gained a half pound. Sigh.

If I believe this morning's reading, I have 3 pounds to go till Thanksgiving, Nov 28. Still optimistic, as I'll at least be really close which is exciting in itself.
Hello - could I join in?

Would like to lose 3-4kilos by Christmas.

I've just started the Progress Tracker and, together with Christmas Club, it could be the reset I need at the mo - I actually caught myself thinking about next summer!! Soooo don't want to spend the next few months eating too many carbs, reluctant to go out in the bad weather and thinking I will get back to it in the summer.

Time to start cooking soup and stew and get my head around fasting in the cold! Any helpful hints would be appreciated - just writing this has motivated me!!

Good luck, everyone :smile:
I would like to join the Xmas club if it's not too late. Today I am 167.2 pounds and would like to be less than 160 (72.5 kg or better) by Dec. 25. I am away on an African holiday from Nov.18 to Dec. 2 but hopefully will avoid a huge gain. I likely won't be fasting but am going to try to focus on low carb and paying attention to when I have had enough food.
I love this WOL and have had success since starting in late Aug. This forum is so supportive and inspiring. Good luck everyone

Does posting this mean I am registered or is there some other link I need to go to? judith
Weigh-in today: up 300 gram in one week, despite two fasts, three gym sessions and one 5k run, and below TDEE on other days :frown: I am putting it down to PMS/TOM and do another weigh-in tomorrow. Hope that's ok.
dippyhippy1973 wrote: Hello - could I join in?

Would like to lose 3-4kilos by Christmas.

I've just started the Progress Tracker and, together with Christmas Club, it could be the reset I need at the mo - I actually caught myself thinking about next summer!! Soooo don't want to spend the next few months eating too many carbs, reluctant to go out in the bad weather and thinking I will get back to it in the summer.

Time to start cooking soup and stew and get my head around fasting in the cold! Any helpful hints would be appreciated - just writing this has motivated me!!

Good luck, everyone :smile:

Yes, join us, you are member 108 for an instant "reset" like that term in relation to our weight loss journey. Summer.. you could looking amazing in your swimwear.

Theres heaps of links somewhere on the forum about fasting and winter. help anyone?
judithn wrote: I would like to join the Xmas club if it's not too late. Today I am 167.2 pounds and would like to be less than 160 (72.5 kg or better) by Dec. 25. I am away on an African holiday from Nov.18 to Dec. 2 but hopefully will avoid a huge gain. I likely won't be fasting but am going to try to focus on low carb and paying attention to when I have had enough food.
I love this WOL and have had success since starting in late Aug. This forum is so supportive and inspiring. Good luck everyone

Does posting this mean I am registered or is there some other link I need to go to? judith

Not too late at all. im thinking of going to end of November 25 for new memberships max cause that only gives people 4 weeks and you need at least 4 weeks. You are member 109 judithn

Love the WOL too. found myself looking at my reflection in a large outside window and thinking/knowing its cause of that BBC Horizon program aired in Australia last April that I see what i see. That added by the forum has done the trick.
I finally got rid of the Christening weight after two repair days and a 16/8. Back to the weight I am trying to maintain. Hope you are all doing well.
@Juliana.Rivers take a bow. I think you are single handedly taking on the world's weightloss xx
PennyForthem wrote: @Juliana.Rivers take a bow. I think you are single handedly taking on the world's weightloss xx

Thank you so much. :victory:
I was wondering if everyone in the club can do me a favour.

Not mandatory as this is all for fun and motivation for weight and i dont like to ask if its a bother.

Yesterday was asked how best to track how everyone in the club is going and yes, i can pour through recent and original posts for 100+ people but i tif people can adjust their profile to have in their signature the following

club member number

Date joined the club

Original weight loss goal - either as a number your aiming at or a kg/pound you want to lose or both since starting in the club. I realise some people dont like revealing actual weight so in that case just put e..g i wanted to lose 4kg by Christmas when i joined Oct xx

Current weight loss to date

Current weight (if you want to reveal this only) Im not sure whether i should use my actual weight that day or my moving average. I guess weight on day is easier but ill think about that more). you might want to indicate if youve use an average/trend or actual weight on the day. when we are climbing down the hill of weight the actual will usually be lower than the trend weight by at least 1/2 a k or thats my experience

How you feel about your challenge thus far (new). i thought it might be fun to read if you are happy with how you have gone thus far. maybe a 5 star system
* crap, help me, motivate me, this just aint working
** getting there slowly
*** this is going good
**** im so close to my goal i can smell it.
***** reached original Xmas goal and going to reach even better weight in 2014.

My Method Share with us how your approach to intermittent fasting. Mine is 4:3 with a rule that I dont consume solids till 6pm on repair days if I can or if I dont have any appointments with clients, thus I have just the one meal of about 500-600 calories. I will eat some cottage cheese or a small piece of fruit if i am going to pass out before, and will drink coffee or a little bit of almond milk to ensure I dont dehydrate.

Date last updated this signature - (cause even old posts will carry your current signature).. means if theres say 2 weeks since you updated it it wont look so bad. i guess too it helps us know just how vigilant youve been. of course so many people have very busy lives and cant get into the forum every day or week so dont worry. this is all fun and flexible.

Note, your stats on your signature are different to what you put in your profile when you first joined the forum.. this is merely about our October, November, December journey.

I'm going to use this to edit the original post so we can see at a glance who has already made their goal and i know there's are a few lucky peeps in here with victory already. you may even indicate you have reached your goal and have set an additional goal for the 7 or 8 weeks coming.

If you dont know how to edit signature, you go to

User control panel at top (to right of HOME and NEWS tabs)
then profile
then signature (use can use Font color to make your signature stand out).. you have 425 characters to work with on the signature.

means too, as you reply people can see how your doing. its a great motivator if you are doing well to announce it to the world and if your not doing so good, equally a good motivator so that Ballerina can take you aside in the naughty cordner in the north side of the tent and give you a good talking to. All is not lost. theres more than 7 weeks to go.
Great idea! All done :-)
Otter wrote: Great idea! All done :-)

Thanks Otter! That gets the ball rolling.

Wow only 1 month and you achieved your Christmas goal weight. Great to see the new goal in there.
I only joined last week and have only had one official weigh-in (before the Xmas Club)

You have inspired me so much, I fasted yesterday and now again today, and I am very travelling nicely at the moment.

I will do my new signature after my WI on Tuesday.

Great work.
cheers Maggie.
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 33 of 111