The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 36 of 111
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 111 Next
DeeWidiastuti wrote: #75 checking in. Here's my daily weigh in.

It's moving to the right direction so I'm happy 'bout it. I hope to see the 54's in a couple of weeks. I also have updated my signature!

What's your app Dee?
Looks like Libra (don't quote me if I am wrong !). Just did a quick look on the net :)
Minigill wrote: Looks like Libra (don't quote me if I am wrong !). Just did a quick look on the net :)

thanks @minigill Sadly I'm on apple.
rawkaren wrote:
Minigill wrote: Looks like Libra (don't quote me if I am wrong !). Just did a quick look on the net :)

I have an apple iphone & ipad.. is that the same thing :wink:

Edit - doh, feeling blonde ! I thought apple was another weightloss app monitor !

Time to take me away and lock me up :lol:
Minigill wrote:
rawkaren wrote:

I have an apple iphone & ipad.. is that the same thing :wink:
. I thought Libra only did Android......
Number 9 is very happy to report seeing on scales 75kg for first time in 22 years yea, hip hip hooray, but heck it took some hard core effort to shift to that though. Think I will pledge here to reach my interim of 74kg next
Hi all

thanks so so much for doing the signatures. once i get to it ill calculate the total weight loss since joining the club across all 110 + members. should be a good figure. maybe 400 kilograms or even 500 kg.. not bad for 3 months good efforts all round. !!!

this weight loss is really rubbing off on me. as im showing good results despite a big gourmet day yesterday. made the most amazing layered rhubarb fool feaureing a coup of thick cream mixed with a cup of creme fraiche plus some sugar and ground cardomon and using my freshly harvested rhubarb from my gardedn - see attahcment below. see what you can do when you give yourself enough repair days Thats why this way of life is so magnificent for "foodies"

I wont officially check in for the club till tomorrow morning as today is repair day so ill lose a good 600 grams i reckon.

anyway press on everybody. amazing results all round

since my last check in comments from everyone, may have overlapped a bit

@Fleurlouise #102 yes keep aiming high (or low) depending how you look at it

@suzed #103 glad you can join

@angie090465 #49 tht magic 8 will happen soon.

@dcsb #92 whoo hooo nearly 1/2 kg .. great work

@otter #23 as i think i said before.. can hear the jumping up and down.

@drilakila #85 2kg is a snack! stay positive. thank you for doing the signature

@PennyForthem #3 10 anything is great for you! i can hear the excitement

@Azureblue #11 whoah 20/4 sounds courageouse but doable. first time ive heard that term

@Candicemarie #42 another pound is awesome and being half way to xmss goal even more awesome

@Wendyjane #90 keep going strong. 3 pounds aint much! yes being close is exciting

@dippyhippy1973 #108 hope you are doing well already

@judithn #109 how you going?

@Nessie #57 you made it!!!!! 5 stars!

@Maggiee I am glad I and everyone here in the tent can inspire you.

@Chickvic #29 you also made it and deserve 5 starts ... and extra good for adjusting the goal... you never know what you can do in a month. thanks re signature.

@callyanna #100 2cm loss whoohooo. well done. sometimes the inches are more exciting than the pounds

@carieoates #61 maintenance is good too and glad you are happy. you only have 2 pounds to go.

@Wineoclock maintenance is good of course ... it will happen.

@Sue.Q #105 I can see your smiles on your post half way point is encouraging and you still have 7 weeks left so the target weight of 95kg is certainly achievable. keep going

@Marybeth #94 Goal of 135 pounds it is. Glad you like the challenge. its all postive and motivation for all of us i think

@spanner #76 350g loss is better than nil. thats how i see it. keep going and of course the goal can be 59 anything ..

@pist1958 #84 thank you for calling this a "wonderful club" we all agree. whoah 1.3kg and that since October 23.. wow

@Ballerina #16 (honorary) very clever!

@lulabella #72 no loss but importantly, no gain either. stay good!

@rawkaren #56 keep going on that 7 pound/ 1 b/f goal.

@Deewidiastuti #75 that Libratool is so good .. i can see it shows your trendline weight too. i should try it.

@Moogie, does progress tracker on this forum be set up to do trendline weights?

@gillymary #9 wow first time in 22 years now thats a victory if i ever heard one. take a bow for that hard core effort.

well done everyone. dont forget its JUST OVER 7 weeks till Christmas now!!!

all i can say after that is thank god for signatures in this forum!

rhubarb.jpg
My rhubarb in back garden
layered-rhubarb-fool.jpg
Yum Yum Yum .. my post fast treat.. Rhubarb layered with cardoman spiced cream and creme fraiche and pistachios. See why this is called a "foodies' diet"
I have done my signature, but I don't have good news. I was down in the 71s for 10 days and then on Thursday I read in the 72s and it's still up there. Keep going.
My app is Libra indeed, not sure if they have one for iphone. I used it after reading about it on a thread here (forgot who started the thread?) .. very handy app, love the trend weight feature. If it weren't for the weight trend calculated, seeing all the daily fluctuations would've been frustrating!
Sallyo wrote: I have done my signature, but I don't have good news. I was down in the 71s for 10 days and then on Thursday I read in the 72s and it's still up there. Keep going.

Sallyo thanks re signature. regarding your Thursday reading, when was your fast prior to that and was that a morning reading?
DeeWidiastuti wrote: My app is Libra indeed, not sure if they have one for iphone. I used it after reading about it on a thread here (forgot who started the thread?) .. very handy app, love the trend weight feature. If it weren't for the weight trend calculated, seeing all the daily fluctuations would've been frustrating!

agree thats why it would be good if the Progress Tracker here could include trend weight .. @Moogieover to you..

Postscript. i just checked the progress tracker and maybe the purple line is the trend line? it has some algorithm on it if you put mouse on. is this same as Libra trendline.
is this the same trendline that Kencc says in this thread. 5-2-diet-chat-f6/what-actually-is-our-true-weight-low-median-high-avg-t9253-15.html?hilit=trendline#p112560

i.e the horribel looking formulae he wrote amd descrobe as the 'trendline' used in the Libra/Fatwatch/Hacker's Diet charts is an exponentially smoothed moving average ..... a weighted moving average in which the weight factors are powers of S, the smoothing constant. An exponentially smoothed moving average is computed over all the data accumulated so far instead of being chopped off after some number of days.

im starting to think that for the purpose of the club goals for everyone you should use the trendline. Previosly i thought you needed a calculator or something like Libra which would be onerous for many here as we only use the progress chart and dont have energy/time to run too but if the purple line here is good the mouseover figure may be the one you should report. im into number but no idea why i hvent really thought abou them enough. i have kept focussing on my simple (NL) new low actual weight for goal but to be honest with ourselves then the goal weight should be the trendline weight e.g. my trendline weight is 71.4, higher than my actual "good days"
Checking in, have lost 1.4lb this month, and since starting with this club. So 3.6lb to go to xmas target!
Morning Christmas Clubbers
Number 79 checking in on my official weigh in day.
Lost 400g on my True weight Trendline
I am very happy with that:)
Phew. I think the weight is finally coming off again. In the 65s two days running. Let's hope a two day break from fasting doesn't spoil it!
Further to my queries on what weight to check in at in the club, actual or trend weight (latter is more "stable" and smooths out the ups and downs so to speak

I decided to add 3 different "weights" on my signature now just covering all bases. plus one of them is always very inspiring.

e.g it currently reads

Current weight 1: 70.9 kg (actual)
Current weight 2: 71.365 kg (trend weight)
Lowest in last 10 days : 70.3 kg

you don't have to do the same but be my guest to do similar.

Trend weight.. in the absence of anything like Libra tool just go to your tracker chart and place mouse over the purple line. this gives your current trend weight
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 36 of 111