The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 38 of 111
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 111 Next
Nicolae wrote: Me to I want to join but how do i do it please

Nicolae you are member 111 . thank you for joining us in the inspirational tent.
Hey Lil,
Feel for you, I am in the same boat, average of 210 measly grams!! I have cut down on white carbs etc and am doing 16:8 but it is sooo slow! But, hey, still a loss I guess, and you have done amazingly well so far!
I'm very excited today. After what feels like a month of gaining/plateauing, things really seem to be moving. Two days in a row, my weight was in the 65s. Today, when I stepped on the scale (after a non-fast day including two pieces of cake and two glasses of wine (and a 10K)), it even blinked into the 64s for a second before settling on 65.1.

I hope I never again feel the need to fast two days straight. I felt unwell yesterday. BUT… I'm glad I managed to stick to it, to get my 3 fast days into the week. I know I'm going for a curry tonight, so I'm planning to skip lunch or have a very light one. Then Wednesday will be a normal fast day. Phew.
MaryAnn wrote: I'm very excited today. After what feels like a month of gaining/plateauing, things really seem to be moving. Two days in a row, my weight was in the 65s. Today, when I stepped on the scale (after a non-fast day including two pieces of cake and two glasses of wine (and a 10K)), it even blinked into the 64s for a second before settling on 65.1.

I hope I never again feel the need to fast two days straight. I felt unwell yesterday. BUT… I'm glad I managed to stick to it, to get my 3 fast days into the week. I know I'm going for a curry tonight, so I'm planning to skip lunch or have a very light one. Then Wednesday will be a normal fast day. Phew.

well done on the 65s thats the spirit!

I do 4:3 but never need to do 2 fasts in a row. Indeed never have. so if i shift things i just move it all around to get three days in. wondering why it was 2 days in a row?
I was meant to fast on Friday, but met up with a friend and ended up having lunch and dinner with her and her colleagues. I knew I had a party on Monday and a dinner planned on Tuesday, so I fasted Saturday (to make up for Friday) and Sunday (to make up for Mon/Tue). It was a first and hopefully a last for me. I wouldn't have been so insistent on squeezing the extra fast day in if it hadn't been for my recent plateau, and for the fact that I had done 5:2 the previous week.
MaryAnn wrote: I was meant to fast on Friday, but met up with a friend and ended up having lunch and dinner with her and her colleagues. I knew I had a party on Monday and a dinner planned on Tuesday, so I fasted Saturday (to make up for Friday) and Sunday (to make up for Mon/Tue). It was a first and hopefully a last for me. I wouldn't have been so insistent on squeezing the extra fast day in if it hadn't been for my recent plateau, and for the fact that I had done 5:2 the previous week.

I see what happened.. I guess for many people in the 2 months of festivities ahead in the lead up to Christmas, particularly here in Australia where its "party time" then theres be a lot of shuffling around of fast / repair days. when i have a bunch of parties or somethign i move them all around so that the fast days are never consecutive. i guess i dont party much so i have never had to do 2 in a row whic hi think would be hard to bear

( i write this on hour 16 of my fast .. 3 hours to go before i can eat) :starving: :starving: :starving:
hang in there!

My social life is not usually so active. The friend on Friday was in Okinawa for a conference--this is not usually something that happens. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I have to take advantage of these sorts of things when I can. I also kept getting confused about the Monday party, thinking it was Sunday, which would have worked out better for me. After the way I felt yesterday, I am definitely not planning on it again. I'm surprised there are people here who do it with no trouble...
MaryAnn wrote: hang in there!

I'm surprised there are people here who do it with no trouble...

they are more courageous than me. i personally think its not healthy to go consecutive. no scientific reason but it just seems wrong to challenge the body that much. Part of why this WOL is sustainable for people like us is that it's doable. H
At last, fasting today!
Had a bad week of staying the same weight through the 2 fasts , eating thoughtlessly for the past 10 days. In retrospect I can't say I enjoyed overindulging with such gay abandon on the wrong things. This has been the worst behaviour for months and I did not feel well as a result. Having plateaued for months I have gained. Help! Spirit was very willing, flesh was weak.
Hey ho! With this WOE I will get it down again (measurements are the same judging by clothes).
It already feels better to be back on track today and writing it here helps too, someone will sympathise as we all go through these patches... woke up with new resolve, am off to the gym, regaining my attitude, coming to the group for support, and for more reading on the forum later.
I will be very busy today, teaching later, practising the viola, sorting my paperwork, putting away summer clothes, finishing the ironing ( only deal with things when the piles fall over.)...
I will have a good cleansing day in every way. :smile: :victory:
Katharina wrote: At last, fasting today!
Had a bad week of staying the same weight through the 2 fasts , eating thoughtlessly for the past 10 days. In retrospect I can't say I enjoyed overindulging with such gay abandon on the wrong things. This has been the worst behaviour for months and I did not feel well as a result. Having plateaued for months I have gained. Help! Spirit was very willing, flesh was weak.
Hey ho! With this WOE I will get it down again (measurements are the same judging by clothes).
It already feels better to be back on track today and writing it here helps too, someone will sympathise as we all go through these patches... woke up with new resolve, am off to the gym, regaining my attitude, coming to the group for support, and for more reading on the forum later.
I will be very busy today, teaching later, practising the viola, sorting my paperwork, putting away summer clothes, finishing the ironing ( only deal with things when the piles fall over.)...
I will have a good cleansing day in every way. :smile: :victory:

Katherina. you have to go in the naughty corner of the tent. immediately but just for 10 minutes to reflect (totally kidding)....

seems you have your head screwed on and working on the healthy stuff.

keep cleansing, and smiling.
Member #89 reporting in.

Very good week :)

1.91 kg off.

Interim goal smashed 2.1/2 stone, whooohooo :grin:

Hopefully it won't all go back on by next week :wink:
Minigill wrote: Member #89 reporting in.

Very good week :)

1.91 kg off.

Interim goal smashed 2.1/2 stone, whooohooo :grin:

Hopefully it won't all go back on by next week :wink:

wow! 2kg well done Minigill. goals smashed.. thats what i want to hear!
Not a member, I only have a few kilos to lose until I reach my goal, have plenty of stress these days and do a lot of sport (30 day shred and bike everyday), well, it's a lot for me anyway, and as the next time I'll step on a scale will be on Christmas day..... :razz:

All that to say I am rooting for all 111 of you :clover: :clover:
@Katharina.. oh yes, a lot of us sympathise with you. Glad you're back on track "you know it makes sense".... I often find if I feel I'm weakening then I log back on to the site for some support from everyone on here - it usually works. And the fact that I'm actually writing things down and committing them, not only to paper, but to the whole of the forum.... well it does have a sort of sense of foreboding if things don't go to plan doesn't it :shock: Especially if dear Ballerina pops into the room and gives me my marching orders :like: Good luck Katharina :clover: (PS. Hope that pile of ironing hasn't fallen over yet :grin: )
Can I join too? I'm now hovering around 63 kg and my original aim was for 62 kg which means I'm close to target. But as I get closer I keep thinking 60 kg might be a better goal. Because I'm a realist and I know that the month before Christmas is the worst I'm only going to aim for 61 kg by Christmas, and maybe the 60 kg mark by my birthday in February. If I manage to do that I will have lost over 10 kg in a birthday year, which I think it pretty good going.
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 38 of 111