The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

231 posts Page 2 of 16
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 Next
I'm so glad you had a good time at the show and danced with a guy!! How fun! I will let you know how the show is. We bought tickets months ago! Oh and by-the-way, I saw Paul McCartney in concert this summer (I think it was my 7th time!) Picking favorite Beatles' songs is very hard for me. Day in the Life is probably my all time favorite. I love the whole Abbey Road medley. Your Mother Should Know is maybe a more obscure one that I like a lot. Mostly because my friend and I used to play it a lot when we were teenagers. But I like almost all of their songs. There are a few that I could do without, but none that I really dislike.

I'm really proud of how I've done this week with my eating. I splurged a little this weekend, but I don't think so much to ruin what I did during the week. I've really worked hard to cut out sugary junk food and I'm thinking that will make a big difference. I'm looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow. Let's hope I'm not disappointed!
Seven times @cblasz? I call that dedication!

I don't think I know Your Mother Should Know - but I'll check it out on YouTube (or whatever it's called!).

I am finding some aspects of this new website quite annoying too. Why do we have to jump through hoops to thank someone for their post, I wonder? I have to press the thumbs up icon twice for it to register - never had to do that before. Why are the thanks kept hidden now? I don't see why. To tag someone, I now have to press the tag icon twice - very annoying. I suppose I don't like change very much - but most especially when some of it seems a backwards step...

Hopefully, these are just teething problems...

Well done on all your hard work this week - you should be very proud of yourself. I'm sure many of us know just how very tough it is to go without things you want...so give yourself a big pat on the back - because you really deserve one! Hope the scales are kind to you tomorrow!
Thank you! Also, I sent you a private message, but to see that notification now, you have to click on the arrow next to your name!! I also just think it's small and sorta hard to read.

Your Mother Should Know is on Magical Mystery Tour. I have every CD and now they are also uploaded on my computer.
Oh how fun! Sounds like a blast!!! :-) Glad you had such a great time.

As for my favorite obscure one -- easy peasy "thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box, they tumble blindly as they make their way Across The Universe." Possibly my favorite line of poetry or lyric ever. Feels like my brain :-)
hello accountabuddies

just checking in to say "please add me as accountabuddy #??"

starting weight 11.5.2lbs.... :( not very good but a good starting point)

aim of this challenge for me is to get back on track. need to be around the 11.3lb mark for my clothes to fit properly. know this will be achievable but having accountabuddies by my side will make all the difference :)

dont really like the new site either. havent really had a lot of time to have a good look around but was happy navigating round the old site & I cant post on my kindle anymore. have to sign in then still wont let me post.

pernelle @hazelnut20 thank you for adding the challenge. it is very busy in my house with our new house guests (daughter that moved out to live at her boyfriends house has returned with boyfriend) & daughter has left waste of space & moved into my front room with grand-daughter for time being. it will be nice to have something that is mine that I am in control of :) so having a challenge is just what I need right now. something else to focus on.

off to have a shower now as been to work this morning & didnt feel like one at 2.30am.

shelley xx
I'm happy to report that the scale was down 3 lbs. this morning!!!! I know it was my only my first week back on track, but it's been a very long time, since I've even had such a good first week.

Unfortunately that does lower my starting weight for the challenge, but that's ok. So my starting weight is 170.5 and my goal will be to lose 10.5 lbs. by Thanksgiving week. That's about 10 weeks, so hopefully I can keep losing at least 1 lb. per week!
Welcome everyone to day one of our latest challenge dahdah! Good luck all,just do your best..what more can anyone do?

@cblaszwell done on 3 lb down! A nice chunk! i too love the Abbey Rd medley! I think its sublime! I listen to it a lot..and of course to many othe beatle tracks..
Being from Liverpool and knowing of the Beatles since 1961 when i was only a skinny eleven yr old...(my older sister used to come back from the Cavern raving about the Beatles..then unknown outside Liverpool ..and my Dad used to say,dont be going down there if theres insects! Not listening properly and thinking she was talking about beetles! ) she and her pals were devastated when their heroes hit the big time and had to leave Liverpool behind.
i am a massive fan ..and my fave Beatle is George! Have you heard his song Here Comes the Moon? Not as well known as Here Comes the Sun but its magical!
Rarely a day goes past here when i dont see a Magical Mystery Tour coach driving fans and pligrims to all the well known spots such as Strawberry Fields etc etc...also in Fab Four taxis! Fifty years on this city is still full of tourists on the Beatles trail. It is incredible.
i lived next door to one of Johns old flats for a few years and loved seeing the visitors sitting on the step and speaking in many different languages...consulting their maps or just sitting lost in thought..at times singing Beatles songs! Its quite touching to see!
@hazelnut20 glad you had such a good time and got up for a bop!
I agree with you re the tags and thank yous..why make it more fiddly? But am so glad to see the back of those silly cartoon people! X
Anyway peeps,happy challenge! X :like:
Good morning Ladies:
I was also a huge Beatles fan when I was young.

cblasz : Congrats on your loss. You are off to a great start.

Hope everyone is having a good first day on the new challenge.
Oh @CandiceMarie - how fun! I have always wanted to go to Liverpool :-)

Congrats @cblaz on your loss :-)
Hello Accountabuddies (I totally love that name)

Oh Pernelle I loved reading how good you feel about yourself, dancing and so happy, I'm so pleased for you. It's just amazing what this WOE has done. Thanks again for doing the challenge, I too can relate to old habits creeping back in. At least we're here to take control before it's too late. My eating habits have been really bad lately. The funny thing is though I've only regained 3 and a half lbs in about 5 weeks. Very strange,,, but I'm not complaining. Some might say it's because my habits have changed and I'm eating less (or different) food without thinking about it, but no, I'm eating loads and of the wrong things too. Will have to start a thread about this so we can try to get to the bottom of why (sure it's something to do with the BSD). Very interested to find out if you have had any regain @Hazelnut20. I bet it won't be much if any at all.

Anyway, today is the first day for me, it's 4pm and it's the first day in ages that I've not eaten anything by this time. I'm back on it,,, BSD style :) . I weighed in this morning at 166lbs. I think it's very wise of you Pernelle, not to have a set target. Because I'm starting with BSD and this is quite a long challenge (until 14th of November for me) I'm really not sure how much I should aim for. I'm going to just see how well I can do, but I'll secretly keep my fingers crossed that I lose at least a stone (14lbs).

Good luck on the challenge everyone. I can feel this is going to be another good one. :clover:

PS @cblasz Well done on the loss, that's week one done :like: nice work. Add that weight to your challenge weight loss. Hazel said there is no set time for starting and finishing this challenge. Last week you got back to it, so make that your challenge starting date/weight. See, now you're already off to a great start. :victory:
Hi! I'm Katharina#6 logging in. Many thanks indeed @Hazelnut20 for starting this motivational support thread. I too don't find this forum as easy to use as the last one: It irritatingly logs me out during use inspite of my trying the cookie treatments recommended.
Began sorting my eating on Wed weighing 139.2 lbs. Doing 5:2 with OH and BSD the other days. It means I can go over 500 cals up to 800 on " fasting days". I have noticed a big improvement with gut problems.
Today Monday, on the official start day of the challenge, I am 137 lbs. ( telling myself it has worked well over the past 5 days!). I would love to reach 126 lbs, purely a random goal and just glad of any progress downwards.
I feel great and hope everyone gets rewarded. :clover:
Thank you for joining us, Shelley @johns - you are Accountabuddy 8!!

It will be so nice to get back in the swing of things with you! I've got to go and cook tea now for OH and DD...and of course, something different for me. I'll be back later to update the front page and for more chat!
Hey, @cblasz - congratulations on your 3lbs weight loss! Whoop whoop - that's brilliant! I totally agree with Dee - feel free to set your start date for this challenge as last Monday if you would like to. The only reason my start date is the 12th...is because I wasn't willing to start any earlier! You, however, did...and have just been rewarded with a handsome loss worthy of your dedication and effort...so bask in it!!

Let me know what you decide. I'll be very happy to award you the first "3 thingies" (haven't decided what they will be yet!) on the front page of our Accountabuddy Challenge! As I said before, everyone is free to set their own start and finish parameters..because we all have different things going on at different times. All I want is some lovely company and support along the way...for as long as we coincide!!
:cool: I'm in. I have no goal formed yet, nor have I weighed in, but I will! You all give me hope.
:like:
Welcome aboard, @grannieannie - great to have you with us!

You are Accountabuddy 9!

Looking forward to following your progress as we go along. Have a great day! Xx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 Next
231 posts Page 2 of 16