The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

231 posts Page 4 of 16
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16 Next
Hi @Sassy1 good to "see" you!

I weighed myself unofficially this morning and am only down 1/2 pound since Monday. But my official WI is Monday. I have a busy, social weekend though. I'm going to stick to my 16:8 though and try to be good with my carbs! I'd love to see at least a pound down for the week on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
How lovely to have you here @sassy1 - welcome back!

Thank you for becoming an Accountabuddy! It's good to have you with us. The overriding principle of this particular challenge is that you tailor it to your own needs. I totally relate to your issue/habit - call it what you will - of wanting to munch things at night. Before I started the BSD in early May, my eating was totally out of control in the evenings - huge dinner, large pudding & then lots of chocolate. All in the name of comfort - except it didn't really comfort me! I was like a bottomless pit - no amount of food would have filled me, because the issue was (is) emotional.

Oops - am I sharing too much? What I meant to get to the point about was to say that if your challenge is about gaining control over food, then you are very welcome to have a different visual (such as a smiley with a halo, for example) for those times - as well as palm trees for when you lose weight. You can decide how many halo's you get & let me know every week....and we will celebrate your successes in exactly the same way as we will celebrate everyone else's...or commiserate and support whenever you need it too! As we often say on here: "It's a marathon, not a sprint"....
accountabuddy reporting in -- down 2 pounds since we started, so I get my first two trees :-) So I'm down 73, with 17 to go. I'm getting close to my pre-vacation weight. I'm almost close enough to justify not changing the signature that was true the day before I left, if not now >.<
Congrats Tracie! That's awesome. I'm sure you'll be back to your pre-vacation weight soon!! You have done really amazing overall!
Wanna palm tree (stamps foot!!) :island: . Ok, calmed down and figured it out :oops:

I'm 200g below my holiday weight which I am mightily pleased about, will I see sub 60kg by the end of the week? I'd like to think so. We're off to Luxor in December hopefully, and job willing, so I have something to aim for with a vengeance.

A lot is going on here with trying to sell the house and not sure if I shall have a job for much longer so I'm trying not to let the stress of that drag me down and succumb to the choccy etc. I keep a tub of cream in the fridge at work and have a spoonful in my coffee if I feel the need. I'm trying to stick to 800cal a day but it may fluctuate a bit.

Hope everyone else is fired up!

Deb
Thanks everyone for the welcome back! :smile:

Very creative @Hazelnut20 re the halos, that should help me be reflective about how the week has gone. And you are not sharing too much when you talk about anything to do with eating - it is good to hear about the challenges others have and ways they have found around them. I continue to be amazed by those of you doing BSD, I don't know how you do it.

Dear @Debs, you do seem to have had lots of contend with over the time I have known you. Best wishes that things do go smoothly with the house, job, and everything else.

@Cblasz, it was good to see my "old" fasting buddy still around. Are eating windows generally working well for you?

@Tracieknits, I love your new photo and the Paris ones. You look to have had a fabulous time.

I was going to make some comments on my first couple of days, but will leave that to my blog.

It's lovely to see so much enthusiasm and energy here, long may it continue! :clover: :smile:
Good morning all!

I must say it is lovely to see some palm trees on the front page. I chose palm trees because my challenge ends just before I step on a plane to go to a family wedding in Mauritius...so thought they'd be fun. Doesn't really matter what they are - anything visual will help us, won't they?

Not sure I'll be in for any palm trees myself when I weigh in tomorrow. I am bloated from TOTM, plus I went to a BBQ last night and rather overdid it - but in a conscious way if that makes sense. I fully knew what I was doing...and enjoyed nearly every minute of it...except the over-full feeling at the end...which I totally regret of course....

I've started weighing myself daily to see how I'm doing. At about midweek, I realised that I had hit the 3-stone weightloss mark! It came as a shock/surprise because I am weighing myself in pounds and didn't realise what 171lbs equated to....but yep, sure enough, that's a 3-stone loss! As of yesterday, I'd gone up 0.6lb....and I'm just about to step on the scales now to see what last night's damage has been.....oh bleep.....I'm 173.6lbs today....yikes....!!!!

Well, I was planning to get right back on the straight and narrow today...so that won't be a bad thing. Might just scrape one palm tree tomorrow....but hey, swings and roundabouts folks...I feel in such good shape right now compared to how I was back in May before I came back to fasting (16:8) & started the BSD. Also, I got told I was looking "svelte" last night by a number of friends...which was lovely. Even I liked what I saw when I looked in the mirror before leaving...and that is so unusual for me.....

Hope everyone's weekend is going beautifully xxx
Hi again @Sassy1! I think eating windows are good for me, I've been doing them for a while, but not really seriously. Unfortunately, I've gained 14 lbs. in the last year, some of that was gaining back weight I'd lost after a death in my family, but then there was some extra too. So just last week I got serious with the eating windows and I'm tracking my carbs and trying to reduce them. Last week I lost 3 lbs, but we'll see how this week goes! It is easier for me to do than 5:2.

@Hazelnut20 I think the palm trees are great! We can all imagine ourselves thin enough to be lying on a beach somewhere! I'm actually going to Florida, where half of my family lives for Thanksgiving, so that works well for me too!!

I ended up splurging myself yesterday. I got together with my college friends. There are 7 of us, we've been out of college for almost 25 years, but every year we plan this big "birthday" get together. I did get my 3 mile walk/run in in the morning, and waited until 12 to eat and kept my carbs down there, but then I splurged a bit a dinner. I did still try to keep my carbs somewhat in check. But I had a beer and a hard cider and looking at the numbers today, that hurt a bit. I also had a few bites of a delicious dessert. I peeked at the scale and it doesn't look too bad. Unfortunately, I'm going to dinner again tonight (before The Beatles movie) but I will try to better tonight and hopefully I'll still have a little loss tomorrow!!
Glad to hear everyone is doing reasonably well :-)

@Cblaszand @Hazelnut20 - life is about the living of it. While losing weight and getting healthy is fabulous, we mustn't let that get in the way too much of our enjoyment of life. So while we remind ourselves that the companionship is what's most important, it's not worth fussing over having an extra cider in a 25 year reunion -- especially if you got in your exercise and made an attempt to reduce the carbs, have only a couple of bites of dessert instead of the whole thing, etc etc. I say job very well done!!

And about overeating intentionally -- you know, I tried that too and it was a very valuable lesson. For the first time I can ever recall, I felt ill from having eaten too much. I has been a bit envious of people who would say "oh I have to stop or I wont' feel good" and regretted the fact I could eat truckloads and not feel ill. Guess what? I got my wish. as long as we use things like that as a lesson, that's awesome.

I wouldn't go shaving off any palm trees Pernelle, unless your weight doesn't go back down in a week or so. The thing about weighing daily is you have to learn that fluctuations happen. There are different ways to record your actual weight. What I've been doing is taking the lowest number that appears on the scale and keeping it. So long as the general trend doesn't go up, I'm okay with gaining 3 pounds after a salty meal. Most of that, if not all, is water, not fat. Another method is averages - my fitbit records my weight and gives me average weights for the week. You can use that average weight as your "official" weight (and that weekly average is what I look at for trending). Or you could weigh daily but say that Friday (pick your day) morning is your "official" weigh in and the other daily weights are just for giggles. I would not suggest monday as an official weigh in because the vast majority of us want to indulge a bit on the weekends.

I'm up a pound from yesterday, but I'm not counting it because i know from experience it will be gone before Wednesday, my official weigh in day at WW. I keep tracking the lowest number to grace the scales recently :-)
Thanks Tracie!!
By-the-way, are you aware of the app called Libra? You can enter your weight every day in there and it will give you a trend weight. A lot of people on here use it. I use it, but don't enter in every day. Sometimes that frustrates me. I check my weight before the weekend for encouragement and my official day is Monday. Even if I indulge some, it should all even out. We'll see I guess! :)
I've heard of it, but between Fitbit's weight tracker, this forum's weight tracker and ww's weight tracker, I think I'm good on graphs and charts :-)
Haha!! I know. I have to enter my weight a zillion places too. But, the Libra app does the trend thing for you, which is what makes it different!

I am down .7 pounds this morning. Not quite a pound, but based on my weekend I'll take it! :)
Hi: Number7 checking in for my first week weigh in on the challenge down .4 pound.

clbasz: Congrats on your .7 like you I didn't lose a pound either but I will take what I can considering my week wasn't as good as I would have liked.

I just got back from the gym and made a smoothie. So I'm back on track and off to a good start today.

So how did everyone else do on their first week?
Hi everyone, accountabuddy #3 checking in, weigh in today showed a 1 lb loss. Ok, you guessed it, I've not really been a good little BSDer this week. Working long hours and TOTM have not helped. Weight has been up and down (and up again) this week. I've had days that were ok, days were I went over on cals and a few days were I went over on carbs. Will do better this week. Hope everyone else is doing well. Well done @cblaszand @Tracieknits, keep up the great work.
and this morning, before my fast day started, I was back to showing 2 of the 19 pounds down. Weight is so fluid. The biggest changes I see in the scale are on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. So my fingers are crossed that these will be good days for me

I'm on track food-wise today - just ate a large salad with grilled chicken. I even accidentally forgot my light feta cheese, so it was lower calorie than I had calculated. Mmmm it's nice to be full.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16 Next
231 posts Page 4 of 16