The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

231 posts Page 3 of 16
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 Next
After yesterday's successful fast day (first in nearly a month), I'm down to 72.4 down -- which is a loss of 1.4 since I signed up :-) 17.6 pounds to go. I am hoping that the last of this Paris weight comes off fairly quickly.
Hi all.
I would love to be added please, although I shall be a couple of days late as I have just got back from the home of khachapuri, kinkali and mchadi, Georgia. A country built on carbs and cheese!
I'm getting back to BSD having acquired an extra two kgs despite climbing a glacier twice.
I just want to do my best and get to a normal BMI which means around 8st 10 or 58kg I think.

Will read back when I have woken up a bit!
Big welcome to you @debs - great to have you alongside us!!

OOH, we're up to TEN Accountabuddies so far - how brilliant! Thank you ladies...

Hope you are all getting on well? I've just got day 2 under my belt....cor, doesn't time fly? Am off to Brizzle for the day on Wednesday...spect it'll be a bit of a challenge on the food front...but I'll do my best...for I am focused on the prize of a normal BMI...& whittling down those chunky thighs...the ones that have been with me for so many decades.....

I check back in tomorrow evening...and by that I mean today....for it is already tomorrow and I really should go to bed!!! Night night all xxx
hello fellow accountabuddies

just checking in as pleased to say I am already down just short of 2lbs. not doing bsd rigidly. just easing back into it but making better choices. probably helps that it has been so hot here in south east kent by the sea.

hope everyone else is doing ok too. shelley xx
Great to hear that, Shelley! I love that we all know what seems to work for us best...and that you are easing back into it your way - which is always going to be the best way.

I've been out for the day today...and although I've had two good BSD days already this week, I decided that I would make my mind up about food at the time, rather than in advance. In other words, I made entirely conscious choices. Had lunch at Carluccio's - and left so many garlic and rosemary potatoes on my plate...you wouldn't believe it! Very proud of myself for that - which would have been unheard of previously...but equally, I chose to eat a handful of them before pushing the rest to the edge of my plate - so it was kind of a win/win situation. It's always nice to live a little....
Yeah, we all need to learn that thing called "moderation" -- I hear it's quite helpful!!!

Congratulations on having a moderate portion of potatoes :-)
Potatoes.....moderation not really a problem...

Now, Maltesers.....totally different ball game @tracieknits!
Quick shout out....as I am updating our goals....

@cblasz - what date would you like your challenge to have started? You're free to decide your own start date!

@katharina - Same question really - the 12th September is my start date...but doesn't have to be everyone's! We Accountabuddies like to celebrate individuality, you know!!!!

@candicemarie & @grannieannie - what would you like me to put down??
Hazelnut20 wrote: Quick shout out....as I am updating our goals....

@cblasz - what date would you like your challenge to have started? You're free to decide your own start date!

@katharina - Same question really - the 12th September is my start date...but doesn't have to be everyone's! We Accountabuddies like to celebrate individuality, you know!!!!

#9 starting today at 214 lbs. My goal is to get back to IF with weight loss, getting off this plateau, lose any amount, but at least 5 lbs. I am also walking more, so that goal is to do better every day. (increasing steps) Briefly,
#9 Goal 14/9/16 214 lbs. in 9 weeks: Lose 4 pounds or more
Walk more steps each day.
I am happy to start logging weight on Monday 12th.@Hazelnut20 thank you! I chart my weight with daily weigh-ins, but will report weekly on our challenge.
Started 12/9 with 137lbs, and would be happy to lose 10 lbs.

My Scenario:Have been very good till yesterday: excuse,: school teaching term has started in earnest, and suddenly there's overload. Also started teachng at another school as well, all newness. So its very hectic all of a sudden. Having to practice piano to perform for a full weekend masterclass starting, Friday- Sun! I found the evening yesterday did me in: succumbed to guzzling grilled gammon, too large, then a Magnum (why did my OH get them in....) and some dark choc... Hey ho! Im back ontrack and stable again. Im also going help out overnight on several Thursdays to get my daughters 3 kids off to school next morning on several weeks of the term. She is starting a degree course attending one day a week,and has to leave very early! Her Husband likewise leaves crack of dawn on some of those days. though when he is free he looks after it all, leaving me off that hook!. So its ALL go!
Shouldnt have time to indulge on food, theoretically. So I now am welcoming Thursday'and onward positively!
Hazelnut20 wrote: Quick shout out....as I am updating our goals....

Ok, let's say Sept 5th at 173.5. That puts me down 3 lbs. so far. I'm going to go to Nov. 21st, so that'll be 11 weeks in all. I think I'll keep my goal at losing a total of 10.5 lbs. I'll update my signature!

Thank you!!!!
Good morning Accountabuddies!

Just dropping by to wish you all a wonderful, sun-filled day! I hope you are all raring to go and enjoying this challenge so far...

Will look forward to hearing how you are all doing when you get a moment.

Go, girls! Xx
I love the palm trees! Thank you so much. I just hope I can get more!! :)
Hello everyone!

I would like to belatedly join this challenge - I love the title and I am hoping it will help me BE accountable!

My (initial) challenge is for 6 weeks, starting today. My plan is:
- to follow the basic 5:2
- to eat according to how hungry I am on non-fast days
- to close the kitchen after dinner, unless I am genuinely hungry.

I will judge my success by how well I am able to stick to the plan, and by any insights I gain into the reasons why I "lapse". I will also take into account how I feel (my general wellbeing). And hopefully my clothes will also become looser. (Not sure how to map the palm trees to these measures!!)

Some of you may remember that I was an active contributor to this forum a while ago. I haven't posted in over a year, but I did start reading the forum again a couple of months ago.

I will write more in some other threads. I have also started a blog to help with gaining insight into my major food management issue which is - and has always been - eating when not hungry, especially in the evening.

Best wishes and good luck to all the accountabuddies! :clover: :smile:

(I lost this post the first time - I noticed that some others have had similar problems...)
Hello Sassy,
Good to see you back here too! Like you, I like the idea of accountability as opposed to a challenge. Today is my first 'real' day of accountability doing BSD and I shall weigh etc., tomorrow and see how much weight I gathered while away for a few days, hopefully not too much.
Hope everyone else is going well!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 Next
231 posts Page 3 of 16