The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

231 posts Page 5 of 16
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16 Next
Good morning my dear Accountabuddies!

Great to hear how it's going for many of you - how are the rest of you getting on? Just a thought, please remember we are here for you however it is going....don't think of staying away if your week isn't going as well as you would like - because there's no need to. Confession is good for the soul....and we are here to help!

In the spirit of what I've just written....yesterday was not all that good for me in the end. It was all fine until late evening...when I polished off some slightly un-crisp Pringles (why oh why??), followed by the last bar of hazelnut torrone (which had gone soft too....but hey, it was hazelnuts - so what's a girl to do?). When I say "bar" you might all be imagining something of a reasonable normal-like size....well no, it wasn't. It was probably four times what any of you are thinking...and more sugar than you can shake a stick at...groan.

Why did I do it? I have no real idea. It is "old" behaviour...that rears its ugly head every so often. Looking on the bright side - it used to be every night....so I am going to pat myself on the back and say "there there, it's done now".....and move forward...onwards and downwards....

Had a busy day yesterday, so didn't get a chance to report in with my first week's results. Am down 1.6lbs...so have just updated the front page.

Keep your results coming in, ladies...and keep posting too...for we are here to listen and help. Tomorrow is always another day...for we are Accountabuddies...and therefore awesome....every one of us!! We are Works In Progress....which makes us WIPs....(have given serious thought to this one.....and decided not to call us Works In Mid Progress....for that would be silly.......!)

Have a great day, one and all xxx
Hi Accountabuddies,
I'm here to crack that WIP!! I don't know what a hazelnut torrone is but it sounds like something that could be dangerous to my well being as I am a chocolate and hazelnut freak.
We all have those days don't we? I tend to reach for the jar of peanut butter, OH can't understand why it vanishes so quickly. Or maybe he can :confused:

I am finally under 60kg this morning, inching towards a normal BMI under 25, and under 9 stone at last. It is hard going but it is working, despite a small holiday gorge. I am really pleased with that and it is that incentive, plus being accountable that keeps me going. Funnily enough I don't, to me look any different which is the most frustrating part, and part of the whole body dysmorphia thing that messes with my head. OH tells me I do but I still cringe when I see piccies of myself, and probably always will.

AH well, at least it is working! Good luck all for the rest of this week.
We are all human with many emotions! The best thing is, if you have a bad day to get back on the horse the next day and not throw in the towel!! Unfortunately, this whole weight thing is a life long journey! But as long as we keep trying, we will be ok!

Have a great day everyone!
Accountabuddy #3 here to say my thoughts out loud. I figured if I write it down I might come up with some answers. *** feel free to skip this post,,, I can feel a waffle coming on.***

I'm eating cr@p, not just now and then. I'm eating something cr@p everyday. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, but I'm eating something I shouldn't everyday. It's like I'm telling myself I'm making a conscious decision to eat said cr@p, so it's ok. It's like, I know how to lose weight now so I can eat what I like (as long as it is a conscious decision) and I'll do better tomorrow. The thing is it can't really be a conscious decision because I really do want to eat well and lose weight,,, I've zone out,,, I think my brain is trying to sabotage my weight loss plans. I really don't know how I managed to lose a lb last week. On 5:2 that would have been a gain, for sure. Because it is so easy to lose weight on the BSD I still lost a lb even though I had lots of things I shouldn't have. Doing it this half arsed way can't be very good for my blood sugar levels, I'm probably doing more harm than good.

I'm going to start checking in here much more, a few times a day, to say what I've eaten (or not), the good, the bad and the ugly (hopefully just good though). After all, this is the Accountabuddies Challenge :)
Oh Dee @justdee

I feel for you and I know many of us have the same issue of eating cr@p when we know we don't want to but we still do. Part of my accountabuddies challenge is to see if I can get some insight into why I do this. Perhaps if we had an explanation for this behaviour that made sense,, that might help us stop doing it? Don't know.

But it can't harm to reflect on our lives and our eating habits to see if we can work out what does influence our eating, and see if we can find ways to change the behaviors we don't like.

I know many on this forum and elsewhere have had great success with BSD, but is it possible it is not the strategy for you?? I am a great fan of the Amanda Sainsbury-Salis "Don't go hungry diet" and one theory she postulates is that if your body is not getting the nutrition it needs, it will make you eat anything in sight in order to get the nutrients it needs. Maybe 800 cals a day is not enough to give your body what is needs. Amanda's approach is to eat when hungry and to eat a wide range of whole foods, mainly vegetables. Maybe it is worth eating a bit more of wholesome nutritious food and see if that stops you eating the rubbish, before cutting the cals so radically.

I don't know much about BSD but I believe that you do need to pretty well stick with the 800 cals a day for the 8 weeks in order for you to have the benefits that it propounds.

I know it's a broken record when we say that each of us has to find a way of eating that works for us - that is sustainable, and helps us be healthy and feel good. Different strategies work for different people.

Don't be hard on yourself and good luck for finding strategies that work for you,
I need to do a catch up on this thread but just quickly checking in for now
have lost 5 lb so far since starting challenge on 12 sept x Nutty @hazelnut20 i forgot to set a target..my target is just to do what i know i need to do to be as trim and healthy as poss for my November birthday!
Back soon to read everything! X keep on keeping on everybody!
Poo, just realised I replied with some thoughts on crap food and @justdeeon hazelnuts BSD thread by mistake.
Just read back and caught up with all my lovely buddies!
Well done all who are losing a week or so into the challenge :like:
@debs how thrilling to be under nine stone! I am truly in awe! :like: :heart: :victory:
@justdee commiserations on eating cr*p..sometimes it feels like and is beyond our control not to eat..like Sassy said, it could be the famine effect that Amanda Sallis (? Not sure i got the name right).. I have had a few episodes of that awful awful hunger in the last ten weeks of BSD but i found making sure i had plenty of full fat yog and some butter and it settled my tum down.
By the way,@sassy1loveLy to have you back x
Palm trees!? @hazelnut20 can i have some? Or do i put them on myself? Honestly i know i'm childish but i want trees! :lol:
@tracieknits if i haven't already said it,yr new pic is really lovely! The old one of you and OH was really nice too but this one is really special! Proud of my first FD pal! :like: :like: :like:
From what ive read some people have got quite a lot on their plate workwise/ life in general,so i very much admire what youre all doing in spite of other stresses. Wd be so easy just to comfort eat but youre all such troupers you keep on keeping on :victory: :victory: :victory: xx
You are so sweet CandiceMarie!!

Yes, a trooper. Ahem. Well I was so pleased, I weighed in at 198.5 today at home, which is a 1.4lb loss from last week. I showed up at ww and they said "nope, 199.8 - you lost 0.2 lbs" -- ugh.

Well I showed them. I went out for indian buffet at lunch with my husband. Then I came home and ate 7 chocolate covered "crepes dentelles" cookies from France. Then when my son came home I made nutella on proper crepes I had brought home from France and I ate a whole crepe. 110 calories just for the crepe, not to mention the Nutella.

oops.

Well tomorrow is another day :cool:
Back on that hoss tomorrow @tracieknits! Clip clop!
I blame WW for all that...you must have been so disappointd at what they said :( xx
#6 logging in. It has been hectic for me, and the very worst thing was being ravenous and snatching something to eat in the lull, always the wrong things. So last week not a good week.. Was on a weekend course, meals provided, did wonderfully well had loads of salads not having bread or other carbs ,but on the last afternoon went for the sweet goodies at tea. That was the start of the rot. Then I felt appropriately "fed up"!
Now I am back with balance and determination. Weight had been trending down so dramatically, so I am catching it as it does an up- turn! Am recording food again on MFP. I will report in after 2 weeks on Monday with details.
Good luck and happiness to everyone!
So sorry @candicemarie - your trees are now showing! There's been much excitement in my household these past few days - my darling first-born arrived home from Oz yesterday...where she's been since last November....so I haven't been on the forum much. Normal service will be resumed later on today...Very well done for your losses - that's brilliant!

Now then, @justdee....in the words of Michael Jackson: "You are not alone.....I am here with you...la la la la la..." Let's talk lots on here. I too am eating naughty stuff....and I'm not really sure why. I totally relate to that "I know how to lose weight now...and I'm consciously eating what I want...even if it is total rubbish..." way of thinking. It has crept up on me over the past few weeks and if I'm not very careful I shall have to remove my one and only palm tree next Monday...aagghhh!

I've got to get going this morning...but I'll be back on here later to further explore what's going on. I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know you are by no means alone. Before I sign off, remember that we are trying to undo some very unhealthy habits that have built up over many years...decades in my case. Keep in mind that we are WIPs.....and let's focus a bit on how far we have come. Also, never think you are going on too much or writing anything we don't want to read. That's not how the Accountabuddies work, lovely Dee! We all have lots in common and bagfuls of empathy...so keep talking...please!

Quick shout out to @tracieknits - who's weigh in do you want to go with - yours or WW? If yours...I owe you a tree - so please let me know!

Also, to you all - please don't hesitate to get on to me if I've not added any trees that you've earned - I do understand how important they are - it's just I'm a bit disorganised...so please prompt me whenever! @debs - well done you! I can't imagine being under 9 stone! Can't even get under 12 stone at the moment...! Do I owe you some trees????

I'm going to try to have a good BSD day today...to undo the excesses of the week so far.....

These are just my edited highlights - I need to write to more of you later - as you are all important. I am a bear of very little brain these days (like Winnie The Pooh!) so can only keep so much info in my head at a time....sorry!

Wishing you all a very good day xxx
Thanks @Hazelnut20 - but we're good. The scale at home rules, and today it's saying I'm a total of 73.5 down.

I hope you have a lovely time with your daughter and I"m sure you'll get back on track once your life goes back to normal routines :-)
@hazelnut20 have a lovely time with DD x
Did i read that If I Fell was yr fave Beatles song? John said this was his first attempt at a ballad.
I remember hearing this song in 1964, as a crazy 14 yr old without a sensible thought in my head!too busy talking rubbish and giggling. Fortunate to be a teen at a time of magical music in Liverpool and also fortunate to be a little slim dolly bird back then.
I was with my best friend at her auntys house...i couldnt believe my ears when she played us this song,and the other side of the single,And I Love Her. I thought i had never heard two such gorgeous songs and for once I was speechless. I
I Love and loved nearly all Beatles songs ..the ones they wrote themselves and the ones they covered...but these two songs,and Paul singing Til There Was You..well i have never ever forgotten those magic moments.
Going to see the Touring Years film tonight..gonna stand on my seat and scream my head off! :lol: x
Oh Pernelle you do make me smile. Wise words as always. It's turning out to be more difficult than I thought to get back in to it. I am down another lb so far this week, so it's not all bad, but could be much much better. Tomorrow I'm taking a salad to work to stop me reaching for the bad stuff when I want something to eat.
Enjoy having your baby home. Bet she had a great time in oz.

Hope you had a good night @candicemarie. Love the Beatles
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16 Next
231 posts Page 5 of 16