The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 2 of 41
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 Next
It would be churlish of me not to accept this challenge,seeing as i came up with the name!
*** Bows modestly*** :lol:
@cblaszthanks for using my name suggestion and thanks for leading the challenge. xx
I pledge to lose half a stone and to keep to my 5:2s religiously,and on replenish days to keep to or under my TDEE.

Good luck all SF Challengers!

CandiceMarie:- Springing into Fall Challenge - to lose half a stone xx
Good on yer, Candy. You can do it. Fancy coffee in JL sometime?
@cblasz Please add me to this challenge. I will work towards reaching 126 lbs, my goal in the the 3 months till the autumn equinox. All possible with 6 pounds to lose and am getting impatient with hovering about above my goal!
I know I must keep within the TDEE, and avoid refined carbs, continue exercising at the gym and doing bicycle HIIT at home. Fast days are always careful and I will keep to 300- 350 calories as recommended on the forum tracker. I will fit in a couple of 16:8 days between.
Thank you for getting this challenge going!
@Cblasz, thanks so much for taking on the admin of the challenge. :like: Count me in! I have 7lbs to get to my final goal of 140lbs, though I might revise that upwards if my face goes too gaunt. So, I hope to be into maintenance by the end of the summer.
I am just popping in to wish everyone good luck with the challenge :clover:. I am in maintenance otherwise I'd join too Cblasz :victory:
Count me in too, please. My goal is to lose 9lbs which will take me down to 10st which is my target weight on the tracker. The timing will be perfect as I will hopefully be going on holiday at the beginning of October.

My strategy is to get back to strictly 500 cal fasts twice a week and to eat low-ish carb. I have slacked off recently, so didn't reach my goal in the last challenge. I must re-motivate myself and get back on track.
Please may I join in? In the past, when I have a deadline, I fail, so I would like to see if for once I can work toward a target. I would like to lose a stone, but have a two week holiday in August so we will see. I will aim to do 4:3 with two days 16:8, one day more protein and soda bread with a dippy egg on Sunday's and always trying to eat low carb.
Please count me in for this new challenge of yours @cblasz & a big thank you for kicking it off.

My goal is to lose 14lbs. My weigh-in day is always a Monday...so tomorrow I will post up my starting weight for this challenge.

I definitely need to pledge to exercise more over the next 14 weeks! This has tailed off somewhat lately...so I need to commit myself publicly!!

Good luck everyone...

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Oh go on then. Thank you cblasz for running this challenge. I failed the solstice challenge, I ended the same as I started. I have been maintaining my target weight since February but I would really like to lose another 7lb and some wobbly bits. I have a pad of fat all around my middle. I will try to low carb. I already only eat a small portion of bread, rice and potatoes once a week and never have pasta but I do have a sweet tooth, so I will really try hard to control that. I will also try to find time to walk more and perhaps get a hula hoop (I can't hula hoop for real but I can do the wii fit version) if anyone has any ideas that would help me, please let me know. Thanks x

PS. I agree that it is a good thing to commit publicly, although shame didn't help me much last time :grin:
I haven't done a challenge before and feel a bit in awe of everyone who has lost so much.
My original goal in March when I started was to get to 10 st 8lb, this dropped to 10 st and now I am aiming even lower. I am away at the moment and hope the scales aren't lying and I am almost at 10 st.

So after all that I am aiming for 9st 7lb (133 Lb) and I can't believe I just mentioned 9 stone anything. This is about a 10lb loss, so should be possible if I manage to keep on at the same level.

My way of achieving this is really just to keep on doing what I am, which may be hard with the summer visitors. I live at the seaside so people like to come and stay and they are into holiday eating. I am also getting a new kitchen, which could help or hinder.

Good luck to everyone taking part.
Yes please count me in too. Thank you @cblasz

Right 14 weeks is a long time and I have a week holiday and wedding so I need to think a little about a targets. Hopefully I will finish C25k. I am on wk 5 run 1 at the moment. Also to fit in the size 14 dress in the middle of august for SIL's wedding. ( I do have a back up dress in case)

Weight loss wise I think I should try and lose 14 lb.
Start weight is 197.8lb goal is 183lb.
Gill wrote: ..So after all that I am aiming for 9st 7lb (143 Lb) and I can't believe I just mentioned 9 stone anything.

Hi @Gill, was there a typo in your figures? 140lbs is 10stone and 133lbs is 9st7lbs.
Sorry, yes, meant 133lb, so used to being in the 140s. I am also used to talking stones so I am easily confused as well. Thanks for spotting it, at least I know someone read my post :smile
I will try and change it now as well.
I would like to join. I am new here. I just started 5:2 this past week. I have done two fasts have already dropped 3lbs. (I think. Off topic, but when does everyone weigh. I'm up after 2 normal days.) I'm in the U.S. so I hope everyone doesn't mind my use of lbs instead of stones. I'd like to lose 12lbs by then.

Starting weight: 157lbs
Goal Weight:145lbs.
I plan to stick to strictly 500 cals at least twice a week. Three if the weight begins to get stubborn.
Well, we are off to a good start - 24 challengers so far! I hope we can all encourage each other to help meet our goals. Of course, we can only do so much and the rest is left up to our bodies!

If I missed anyone or made a mistake on your goal, please let me know.

Aspires - welcome. I am from the U.S. too, so I am using pounds, but I will take whatever anyone posts and convert it. I weigh once a week, some people weigh every day. I weigh in on Saturday mornings. But, you should find what works best for you!

Good luck everyone!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 2 of 41