The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 3 of 41
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41 Next
Thank you. I'd like to weigh in once a week. I'm just not sure if I should on a post fast day or if it doesn't matter. I think I'll go with the post fast. It is lower than my post feed days weight. :grin:
I think as long as you are consistent with the day that's fine. I actually prefer not to do it right after a fast day, so as to get a more accurate reading. Also, sometimes I move my fast days around!
My goal is to lose 7 more pounds in 14 weeks, but since that takes me to a weight I haven't seen since my first pregnancy 32 years ago, I'm not sure it is doable.

I will be happy with anything less than where I am now, with an emphasis on whittling a bit more off the waist, which is stuck at 50% of height--and that is measuring pretty tight.
I forgot my starting weight, which is 142.4 lbs. That's the Libra (Android app) trend weight. I like to use the trend better than the dailies which can bounce around by 2 pounds day to day.
Hi everybody

Can I please join in? I have not succeeded in the last two challenges, perhaps this one welcoming our warmer weather in Spring might just do it with a bit of focus on my part.

Many thanks,
cheers
Maggie :smile:
Hi all - as my little kitty avatar is definitely springing into a fall, I think it's a sign that I should be taking part. It's my first challenge, so I'm not sure what's going to be a good target. Maybe 7kgs. :?:
Today I'm 79.5kgs, so if I lose 7, that'd get me to around my weight 4 years ago when I met my fiancé, so I'd be a happy bunny if I make that. :oops: And by then I should be well into making my wedding dress, so I really want to be close to my target by then...I hate having to resize!

So, on top of trying to lose 7kg, I'll pledge to keep counting calories on my non fast days, and to incorporate some HIIT on top of my current walking.

May the fast be with you all!
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new here but would love to join this challenge. I would like to lose 10 lbs. My starting weight is 165 lbs. I have a difficult time keeping my calories under 800 so I will try the 4:3 allowing myself 800 calories on those days and not over eating on non fast days. Has anyone tried this? Good luck to you all.
Can I bagsy a place just now, but not start properly until after my holidays. Or is that just kidding myself on?
Oh, go on then.
I'm aiming for 58kg and as my loss is glacially slow, the tracker has that not happening until September- to lose 2 and a bit kilos :shock: :shock: :shock:
So, my plan is to stick to 4:3 which I've been doing forever AND for the first time , track the calories on the non fast days :( I know I'm overeating so it's time to bite the bullet and see by how much.
Shredding for exercise just now , at level 3 and have 9 more days to go. Then holidays/working away. That'll be active and I need to get my s**t together to have an exercise routine when I'm back. (I've got a thread about this)
I feel that this challenge is going to be a bit hit and miss for me- holidays, working away and then another holiday- but that is all the more reason to have a focus.
SO 2.5kg off
Plus checking calories on non fast days
Plus exercise to be determined...
Thanks @cblasz for taking on the running of the challenge
Good luck to everyone :clover:
Hi and thank you for setting up another challenge. Like some others this next few weeks are a bad time for me - holidays; off work; a couple of big birthdays etc and I will probably not manage many true fasts from next Friday until I get back into the routine on the 18 August. So my aim is to try to maintain around 9st 2lbs. I am going to up my exercise and try to do 16:8 as much as possible.
Hi, please can I join? I hope to finally reach the ten stone mark and my strategy will be to mainly eat raw food.

That means a loss of 8lbs for me.
I want to join, too. I'd like to get back to my goal weight, which I saw only briefly before Xmas but haven't seen since. This means losing a shocking 3.8 kg. Hopefully that will happen before Sept. 23, and then I'll successfully maintain it, but we'll see...
Hi Cblasz.
Would you please let me have a Spring into Fall Challenge number?
cblasz wrote: What's your goal, @chinchin

@cblasz, my goal is 13lb.

Weight now: 81.8

I'm planning on making sure my fast days stay strictly on 500 cals. I will make adjustments as I go along. It depends how the weight loss happens, fast, slow and plateaus. I would prefer no plateaus, who wouldn't. :wink:

Looking forward to losing with you all.
Morning all......#20 reporting in!

Have just done my weekly weigh in....so can confirm a starting weight of 12 stone 0.2lbs.

I have pledged to lose 14lbs.....but would also like to shift a pesky 0.03lbs on top of that so I can see 10 stone-something at the end of the challenge. That would be awesome!!

A very big welcome to all the first time challengers - whether new or longstanding members of the forum. You have made a great decision to join us - and you won't regret it!

Plenty of support & encouragement awaits.....

Best of luck everyone!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Hi count me in too

I would like to get back closer to 74kg while is a return to my lowest low which was a fleeting sight pre Xmas . My start weigh 77.3kg taken this am. Only 2.5kg or 5.5lb to lose.

Thanks for this challenge
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 3 of 41