The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 1 of 41
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 Next
Good morning!

Welcome to the Springing into Fall Challenge where I will be your host. This challenge will start this week and end the week of Sept. 23rd, which is the Autumnal Equinox for us in the Northern Hemisphere and the Spring Equinox for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere! The challenge will be 14 weeks long, about 3 months.

If you wish to join, please post your goal here. Try to choose a goal that is attainable. Remember although this is called the "fast" diet, it sometimes is rather slow! :wink: You might also want to post one thing that you are going to do to help you meet this goal (eg. count calories on non-fast days, exercise more, cut carbs, etc.)

I will start us out. My goal will be to lose 13 lbs. The main thing I will do is to strictly stick to 500 calories on fast days. (I plan to employ some other strategies as well, but I feel that's the one that's most important!)

I'm looking forward to encouraging all of you in this challenge. Keep in mind I'm in the U.S, so often I am sleeping when you are awake, but I will keep up as best I can!

Name goal | so far
#1 @cblasz - 13 lbs. | +4
#2 @justdee - l0 lbs. | + 0.2
#3@chinchin - 13 lbs. | 0.2
#4 @piper - 9 lbs. | 1.8
#5 @bobshouse - 14 lbs. |
#6 @Juliana.Rivers - 13 lbs. |
#7 @Badgirl666 - 14 lbs. | 5.2
#8 @Azureblue - 7 lbs. | 3
#9 @Karenm - 14 lbs. | 6
#10 @Sue.Q - 7 lbs. | 2.2
#11 @Pennyforthem - 5 lbs. |
#12 @Lizbean - 3.4 lbs. | 0.4
#13 @carieoates - 11 lbs. | 2
#14 @Patchworkperson - 14 lbs. | 2
#15 @CandiceMarie - 7 lbs. | 2
#16 @Katharina - 6 lbs. | 0.4
#17 @scubachick - 7 lbs. | 3
#18 @Tuesday - 9 lbs. | 2
#19 @Slimmer - 14 lbs. | 4.5
#20 @Hazelnut20 - 14 lbs. | 3
#21 @Wendy Darling - 7 lbs. | +2
#22 @Gill - 10 lbs. | 1
#23 @Brand-ie - 14 lbs. | 5.5
#24 @aspires01 - 12 lbs. |
#25 @peebles - 7 lbs. | 0.8
#26 @Maggiee - 6 lbs. |
#27 @PeonyBlue - 15 lbs. | 4.5
#28 @suzyq - 10 lbs. |
#29 @janeg - 5.5 lbs. |
#30 @langstane - maintain |
#31 @Bracken - 8 lbs. | 2.4
#32 @MaryAnn - 8 lbs. | 1.5
#33 @gillymary - 5.5 lbs. |
#34 @WooDan - 12 lbs. |
#35 @swissmiss - 8 lbs. |
#36 @JanPartly - 6 lbs. |
#37 @deMuralist - 10 lbs. | 7.6
#38 @DoodlePuppet - 14 lbs. |
#39 @hari_b - 7 lbs. | 3.5
#40 @eyup - 5 lbs. |
#41 @Isis - 14 lbs. |
#42 @BeancounterKay - 14 lbs. |
#43 @egregious - 10 lbs. | 2.25
#44 @alexsid - 14 lbs. |
#45 @Julieathome - 10 lbs. |
#46 @Judithn - 10 lbs. |
#47 @Swuddly - 14 lbs. | 7.6
#48 @Hannahcolledge - 7 lbs. |
#49 @Motherof2 - 10 lbs. | 3
#50 @Rbrum - 13 lbs. |
#51 @Nikipins - 9 lbs. | 0.9
#52 @niamo - 6 lbs. | 1.5
#53 @Annurca - 3 lbs. | 0
#54 @croftmaclean - 14 lbs. | 6
#55 @daydreamer21 - 12 lbs. |
#56 @RachelC - 14 lbs. | 4.5
#57 @Emerald17 - 16 lbs. | 0
#58 @spanner - 7.7 lbs. | 2
#59 @sweet21 - 10 lbs. |
#60 @minsmum - 7 lbs. |
#61 @Tammae - 10 lbs. | 4
#62 @Memory - 12 lbs. |
#63 @Romany05 - 8 lbs. | 3.5
#64 @nycnyc2013 - 9 lbs. |
#65 @wasafan - 16.5 lbs. | 2
I'm in. I didn't take part in the last challenge because I failed the 2 challenges before it and didn't think I could make my goal. Anyway I set myself the same goal as my failed easter challenge (to get to my pre-xmas weight) and I made it. Now I would love to take part in this challenge and feel I can do it. My goal will be to lose 10lb over the summer. It doesn't sound a lot but sounds do-able for me. This 10lbs will take me out of the red on my BMI, with any luck by the end of this challenge I'll be able to say I'm over weight, not obese. Good luck and thanks for doing the challenge @cblasz
I'm in too, looking forward to this challenge and getting to know people better. I'm off to bed as it's past midnight and I have to get up early. :bugeyes:
What's your goal, @chinchin
Hi,

I am in- I would like goal to be in the 120's , so 9 lbs.
Count me in too. I too pledge to stick to 500 cals on fast days but also lessen what I stuff on feast days. I want to lose a stone which should be possible.
Many thanks for doing this.
May I participate and thank you for setting it up CBlasz.

I would like to get to 69.5 on the Libra trend weight and 69.2 on the Fastday tracker trendline (tracker is always a bit lower as its just a line of best fit using 75.0 starting weight from April 2013.
If i can bring things down just a bit more, surely i will make the much wanted 69.0 by end of year.

Ive been slipping a bit in the last few weeks. Maybe my 2 feast days on a weekend and the big return to the kitchen (yesterday was a big seafood platter i made plus a Rhubarb and Polenta slice) i guess that means i have to have very strict fast days from now on, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I will try.
I'm in too - I'm off to Hawaii on Sept 21st and would like to loose a stone (14 pounds) by then. Should be doable.

Good luck to us all.
Another season another attempt on what seems like Mount Kilimanjaro but is only a quest to lose 7 lbs realistically.
Currently 72.5kgs :cool:
I'm in @cblasz
I'd like to lose a stone. starting weight 12st5lb and a target weight of 11st 5lb. This is my ultimate goal weight and the weight I hit last October.
I aim to exercise 5 days a week (walking, hooping, skipping or xtrainer) - this is my challenging one. I HATE, HATE, HATE exercise!
I am not cutting out any particular food though I will cut down bread to once a week!
This is totally motivating me :smile:
Good luck everyone :clover:
:heart: @cblasz Thanks for taking on this enormous task :like:
As I've done very little this year I thought long and hard about entering this challenge as someone said we may just be putting to much pressure on ourselves with these challenges, but I've always had a personal
goal + challenge throughout my fasting journey and last year was no problem and I've no idea why the same old isn't working the same so, a small goal for me!!!
My end goal for now is to reach 94kgs that will take me inside the next UK stone mark, I won't log my start weight because its up from my regular Friday weigh-in.
I'm pledging more exercise, taking my lowering TDEE into consideration and going below the 500cals on fastdays, obviously mindful eating on other days, plus my usual routine of lowering my carb intake,
which hopefully sees me at the end of the challenge
at my lowest weight in over 30years. :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Thank you @cblasz for taking this on.
It's a dangerous time of year for me, weekends at our caravan, food festivals, barbes etc. My original target was 11 stones (154lbs) but I dropped to 10 3 and maintain between 10 3 and 10 5 (143-145lbs).
Count me in, please. Not for a huge weight loss, but to get to around 140lbs. I certainly need to be focussed so I don't pile it back on. I shall be low carbing.
So, I'm making my goal 5lbs.
Hi @cblasz

Three cheers for cblsz ...........Thanks for leading us on that is very kind of you :wink: :wink:

5:2 starting point 149lbs 30 Dec 13
Starting this challenge at 127.4lbs
Final GOAL 124lbs
Only 3.4 lbs to go :shock: feel quite tearful :cry:
Only 1.5lbs till I enter the 8 stone tent from verging towards 11 stone tent (I am a shorty and proud of it :lol: ).
Strategy - keep popping into the lovely walking tent! 5:2, low carb and 16:8 AND the de-clutter tent that I have been avoiding as I'm so busy at work - August here I come!

We can do this, but I'm very aware it is harder for some than others as we have so many different things happening in our lives at different times.

Keep the faith everyone, I'll be here cheering peeps on whatever.

Lizbean
@spanner
Yay, thanks @cblaszfor taking this on I will be in without a capital I.
So my goal is going to be to reach my final goal of......11st 11. This may seem high to some but after some lengthy discussion with carorees, we came upon the idea that my fat % should be spot on then.
Today 22nd June 2014 I'm 12st. 8lb with a fat percentage of 37%.
Goal 11st 11 lb with normal BMI (24%) AND fat 27%. :grin:

With another wedding a family holiday and six weeks school Hols I will have some obstacles to negotiate, so it won't be a dull ride.
cblasz - count me in too please. My goal is 14lbs. We're off to Cape Cod & Boston on Sept 10 & I want to have lost a chunk by them.

Geri
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 1 of 41