The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

319 posts Page 22 of 22
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
Hi Vix89,

I hated my fast days which is why I slipped into 16/8 as I just detest counting calories, the other thing is, I find it easier to forego food for the day rather than have just 500 calories. :starving: I cannot believe that I've just said that but it is true. Like you I never thought I could do without food but it is only for ONE day so the chances of it proving to be fatal are rather low. :victory:

Don't feel this is something you should do, it isn't, the people on here who do it, do it for themselves and it is not to prove anything to anyone else except themselves. It is merely another aspect of how versatile this way of life is, everyone can, and does, tweak it to suit their own individual requirements which I think is fantastic, :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
Oh I definitely agree with doing it for yourself, this diet is fantastic at making you re-think your eating habits. It is quite sad when I think back to how 'healthy' I thought I was being when I was actually eating waaaayyy too much.

But will definitely give the 0 cals a go if the weight loss stalls or if I feel a bit out of control with food again. This thread has been very inspiring. But like I said; not quite brave enough yet! :D
Just wanted to say to redhead and wildmissus you are an inspiration. I am now approaching my third week and am finding 5:2 very easy so far. I am seriously thinking about a 36 hour fast now as for some bizarre reason despite my obesity I don't feel hungry sometimes at the end of 24 hours!
Thank you superfluity. I know what you mean about not feeling hungry especially if you are like me and able to pack away quite a lot of food on a normal day! If you plan to do a liquid fast then have some food around that would take you to your 600 cals that way you will have a successful fast regardless. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
319 posts Page 22 of 22