The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

375 posts Page 18 of 25
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25 Next
Re: 5:2 + 16:8
13 Jun 2013, 10:05
... Just had a sneaky peek at weight and measure, on 2nd fast day of week, 2nd week of 5:2 &16:8, and guess what - another 1lb off and another half inch off waist!!! :victory: :victory:

And that's 4 days after last weigh in/ measure ...

And I had TWO mint chunky kitkats yesterday ... :rotfl: :evil:
13 Jun 2013, 17:21
Thanks Wendy. Yep, skipping and dancing whilst painting bedroom. I also measured my waist. 2 inches lost. Hadn't noticed that! Was feeling a bit down Monday as was about the same as last week but today was decimate pick me up :)

I read the sort of food you eat during the week. Aren't you good? I don't think I could abstain from chocolate all week. But have found that I would rather have fruit tea during the day. I think this has really made a difference to belly bloating (the 5 months pregnant look) :) that I could end up with at the end of the day.

do you feel healthier? Shelley x
13 Jun 2013, 17:36
Today is two weeks since I started 16:8!

The first week I loved it, I had to take a break from fasting because there was a possibility I might be pregnant, and the restricted eating window really helped me keep that energized and clear-headed feeling I get from great blood sugar levels.

The second week I was back to fasting again, and the combination of 16:8 and 5:2 has been a bit challenging. On the one hand, breaking my fast at noon every day has made fasting days easier, since now I don't get hungry before noon.

On the other hand, I have struggled much more with temptation: I've wanted to eat even when not hungry when my eating window was closing and I knew it would be two days until I could eat to satiation again, and I've wanted to eat more than 500 kcal on fast days because I don't truly believe "I can eat it tomorrow". I simply don't have time to eat as much junk any more.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in, so I'm very interested to see if combining 16:8 and 5:2 has had any noticeable effect.
13 Jun 2013, 18:52
I started the 5:2 in Jan,start weight was 11 stone.Lost a stone after about 12 weeks and have been stuck at 10 stone for a while now.Decided this week to do 16:8 on non fast days to see if that makes a differnce.Only got 3 weeks until my hols so will hopefully reach my target by the time we go.Find 5:2 quite hard so might just do 16:8 after I reach my target weight and see how it goes.
13 Jun 2013, 19:29
Hello

I have decided to try the mixture of adding 16:8 to my week along with my 2 fast days.I am going to try 2 fast days,3 16:8 days and that allows 2 normal days if they are needed.If not then I will have extra 16:8 days.

Tomorrow is my first 16:8 day at work so a tad nervous how Ill cope without breakfast as I nirmally have that before I leave but well see how it goes and hopefully my body will adapt iust like it has to fast days.On the upside having no breakfast means I get a longer lie haha

Have all my meals prepared.A snack to break fast at 11am,then I have lunch,a snack for in between,dinner then some fruit and yoghurt for supper before 7pm.

Wish me luck.

Karen
13 Jun 2013, 19:35
Sounds good Karen, I'm never hungry for breakfast even after a fast day. Good luck
13 Jun 2013, 19:42
Welcome to the forum Lel20! That's what is great about this WoE, it's very adaptable to changes and lives. Hope this change works for you. You might want to have a look at kencc's thread regarding NEAT.

Good luck Karen, as you know, having a plan makes it much easier. :)
14 Jun 2013, 08:02
I love losing weight but my bum seems to have disappeared! :cry:
14 Jun 2013, 08:31
Oh if only my bum would Lel20!!
14 Jun 2013, 08:45
As someone else famously said on here; 'my bum has never looked big in anything'! Now my tum, that's a different matter!
14 Jun 2013, 08:50
Hi to 5:2 + 16:8 gang
Ta da! Well this variation of the 5:2 theme is working for me, i finally lost the upward blip on my tracker and am on the downward trajectory again. Just as well as have just sprained my ankle so will now be hanging round the couch a bit.

I just did a soup cook up. Funny that ... So some very nutritious soups to salve my wounded exercise spirit as it awaits the all clear. Have some nice books and trusty iPad. I was out walking when it happened being energetic ...drat
14 Jun 2013, 09:26
Hi

Well my first 16:8 day at work is nearly over :-)
It has been easier than expexted and the tummy tumbling has only started in the past half an hour. This last hour seems the hardest haha

Karen
14 Jun 2013, 09:40
gillymary
i hope your sprain heals quickly, mine has had me out of action for 8 weeks, i have been able to walk to work in the last few weeks but zumba was my choice of exercise and no way can i even consider that for another 2-3 weeks

i have been trying 16/8 +5/2 this week to shift me out of the plateau that not exercising has caused and i thinnk it has done it

jeniben
14 Jun 2013, 09:55
Oh jeniben I remember you posting ages ago about your ankle. Must have been very hard for you. I do hope you get your results with 5:2+16:8 which I am sure you will.

I was thrilled this morning when my weight was where i have been aiming for but of course I could not jump for joy. My DH really helps saying how much I have lost and this morning scales confirmed.

I am sure with your persistence this will work for you
14 Jun 2013, 10:15
congrats on your loss gillymary
its helpful when hubbys notice and make nice comments isnt it

keep up the good work all
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25 Next
375 posts Page 18 of 25