The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

375 posts Page 16 of 25
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25 Next
Re: 5:2 + 16:8
10 Jun 2013, 15:52
For the last week I've been 16:8ing every day, including weekends(ish) and post-fasting. It ain't easy, I'll admit - I got a whole lifetime of breakfast habit to break. It isn't unbearable but I wish I didn't have to worry about it. Right now I am in my eating window (didn't fast yesterday and am not today) and am absolutely ravenous. I know I'm "allowed" to eat but feel so much like stuffing my face with crisps and cookies and chocolate I can't think about anything else (and yes, TOTM has occured to me and may be the reason I'm so psycho right now). I do hope that will die down the longer I stay with 16:8!
10 Jun 2013, 15:55
I am rumbling like mad at the moment & can't wait for supper at 6-30pm. I am going to try 16:8ing tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday & fasting as usual on Friday. I will see how I get on tomorrow. Good luck also Pumpkin42 tomorrow.
10 Jun 2013, 16:21
Hope you feel less ravenous soon mummy bunny! It's a horrible feeling especially when you're trying so hard.
I'm still undecided about whether to do 16:8 tomorrow, I feel pretty rubbish at the moment! My sister pointed out that I've reintroduced sugar after being off it for ages and that's possibly what's causing my recurrent headaches?! Time to reduce it again.
Good luck girls! X
10 Jun 2013, 16:37
Everyone with wildly rumbly stomachs please hold in there. I haven't eaten before 12.00 noon since July 3rd 2012, so sad that I know the date but we were on holiday. The habit is so ingrained I can't Imagine living any other way.
10 Jun 2013, 17:52
Must be the day for rumbles! Its been a long and rumbly day here too. I reeeeally enjoyed my salad this evening!
10 Jun 2013, 20:32
Relief - in the form of a sirloin steak, chips, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrots, red wine AND creme brulee! I enjoyed every mouthful. Strangely I don't feel so stuffed I can't move - I feel sated. Mind you I didn't eat my whole steak or portion of chips (that's what the husband and German Shepherd companion were for) and we did walk 45+ minutes there and 45+ minutes back. I actually feel I might be ready for a fast tomorrow...
10 Jun 2013, 20:41
I really wish I hadn't seen that. Fasting today........ :lol: red wine on a Monday? sounds perfect
11 Jun 2013, 06:35
Red wine on a Monday IS perfect!

Ballerina x :heart:

P.S. Red wine EVERY day is even more perfect! :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Jun 2013, 06:51
Yummy steak and chips sounds heavenly! Did my usual Monday fast yesterday and trying to do 16:8 today... At work until 1pm so in theory I should be ok!
Have a good day everyone. Xx
11 Jun 2013, 09:33
I recommend red wine on a Monday :-)

Seriously, I am struggling a little with 16:8 on non-fast days, don't know why. I guess I just need to break this breakfast habit.
11 Jun 2013, 09:45
Hi Mummybunny,

Breakfast is such in integrated part of most human's routine that it is no surprise that it is difficult not to have it. I, naturally, don't want breakfast so for me it is easy but hubs finds it impossibe (he also finds me impossible but that's another story!) and this morning I joined him at 10 a.m. as we scoffed a fresh baguette which we had just bought and he was desperate to eat it. I am still alive, having eaten earlier than I wanted to and he is still alive having eaten later than he wanted to. It's all trial and error, perhaps eating slightly later each day to get used to it rather than go the whole hog on day one and then never doing it again might work. A bit like when I'm asked about starting 5:2 I always tell friends that if 500 calories is too much of a challenge then ease yourself into it by starting at say, 1000 or 1200 calories and then drop off 1 or 2 hundred each fast day till you get there. Don't make it an endurance test or you will never stick with it.

Whatever you decide I hope you can make it work for you, good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Jun 2013, 10:36
I find that stretch from waking to 1 pm on the day after the 5:2 the hardest usually but today I just got busy and it flew. It is daunting but it is doable I am finding.

Hang in there I agree with Ballerina it gets better and do it to suit yourself
11 Jun 2013, 10:53
Like Gillymary, I find the day after a fast more difficult until I get to my eating window. However, she is right it does get easier and is doable ..just!
Currently half way through my Tuesday fast day and keeping busy busy
11 Jun 2013, 12:21
I did it!! Was convinced last night that after really struggling with fasting yesterday that I'd never make it until 1pm to do 16:8 today!! I'm so proud of myself... It wasn't too bad because I was at work but there were chocolates in the staff room that I had to resist ( sooo could have eaten 10!) at break time.
I've just broken my fast & opened my 16:8 window at 1pm with a banana & a light graze box snack!
11 Jun 2013, 12:41
Well done Pumpkin42. I also managed to get to 1-0pm before eating a two egg French toast & cinnamon. I did find it difficult mainly because it has been rainy & grey so far today that I found very depressing. My eating window will end after supper around 7-0pm. Good luck with the rest of the day.
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25 Next
375 posts Page 16 of 25