The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

213 posts Page 1 of 15
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 Next
*Jubilant June*
01 Jun 2013, 07:50
It's *June* :D and what better way to start it than waking up to this beautiful sunshine :)

Following on from our *Marvellous May* thread, if you're ready to give it your all this month, throwing yourself into exercise, eating healthily, succeeding in your fasts or amending a few old habits that you've been meaning to attend to for a while, then feel free to jump on board and join the team from last month - whatever your personal goal :)

Here's to another fresh start and to a very Jubilant June :)

Now... to do pilates as I'd planned, or to go for a run in this glorious sunshine... hhmmm

H x
Re: *Jubilant June*
01 Jun 2013, 08:01
Yep, June is here and next week we will not be!!!! Hooray!!!!! We are off to the South of France till the end of the month, woohoo. Don't care if I come back like a beached whale at least I will be a bronzed beached whale! :grin: :grin: :grin: Actually, I doubt if I shall put much, if any, weight on as we usually come back a little slimmer due hot weather, salads, swimming etc oh, bliss! :smile:

Hope everyone has a great month, I will try and keep up with you all from the comfort of my pool, :cool:

Ballerina x :heart:
01 Jun 2013, 08:40
I'm with you, I have to go all out this month because I am doing a swimming race at the beginning of July and have to wear a wet suit in front of people :shock:

So the plan is to continue with 5:2 but try a liquid fast, cut down on the diet coke I drink and exercise every day! I'm doing the 30 day shred and I need to ramp up my swimming training if I don't want to drown in the middle of the river in Sweden.

Ballerina - where abouts are you going? Fingers crossed you get decent weather because so far it's been horrible all over France, even in the south!
01 Jun 2013, 08:58
Nicky, I know, it's been bad all over Europe :shock: but it is set to change, I HOPE! We are spending 2 days in Paris and then taking the TGV South. We are staying between St Tropez and Cannes so I'm really, REALLY hoping the weather will be fine. It is +19 and sunny there at the moment, so, fingers crossed. :like:

Good luck with your swimming, :clover:

Ballerina x :heart:
01 Jun 2013, 09:11
I'm in for Jubilant June!
Firstly, have a wonderful holiday Ballerina. sounds even more exotic from way down under!
I'm so happy with my weight loss, and plan to keep it going this month.
I will also continue my laps 2x week, and try to get back to Pilates.
I'm off to Far Nth Queensland next month for 5 days so need to get ready for snorkeling!
01 Jun 2013, 09:33
Hi hummingbird et al
I'd like to be more diligent in walking my dog Maxy

As to 5:2 am joining Wendy darling and other good company to give 5:2x16:8 a whirl as I have 5kgs to go for my goal am hoping the work of June will bring those kgs down down down

So I am in with you
01 Jun 2013, 09:42
Hi all!

Hope you don't mind a newbie (to the forum at least!) joining you for Jubilant June? I started this WOE last September and discovered the forums about 2 months ago, though was too nervous to sign up and actually post.

Followed you all through Marvelous May and felt rude not contributing... So I've bitten the bullet and signed up. Well in need of a good month after returning from a 2 week holiday. With that said, I'm starting June with a (very) rare Saturday fast day so hoping this will be a good kick start!

Hoping we can all have a great June :victory:

Jen
01 Jun 2013, 09:47
Well I've finally taken the exercise video I bought out of the packet this morning. Maybe this will encourage me to take it out of the box and actually try it.
01 Jun 2013, 10:23
I need to really go for it this month - I go on holiday in August and July is exams month so I may have to miss a few fasts then, so need to hone my bikini body as much as possible now!!
01 Jun 2013, 10:29
It all started so well with my military fitness session first thing this morning on the first day of June. That was, at least, until I fell over and twisted my ankle. Wouldn't mind but it wasn't from the hardcore workout but from my over enthusiastic high fiving!! That'll teach me....

So the plans for a walk in the forest today are postponed....hopefully I'll be able to manage some exercise tomorrow! Fast planned for monday and I'm going to give 16:8 a whirl on Tuesday and Wednesday as I cant fit in a 2nd full fast next week. Got down to within 100g of 62kg this wk, 2kg above my mini target of 60kg...don't want this bloomin ankle and busy week to reverse my progress!
01 Jun 2013, 10:31
Hi, I'm in!!
I strained my back in early May and need to take up Pilates. Am going to start that and plan to walk for at least 30mins a day on weekdays.
Happy with my weightloss so far (although I took this week 'off' and gained 1lb, but that's ok.) but extra activity for fitness seems like a good plan. :clover:

Ouch! cheekylou8, keep at it - you can do it!
01 Jun 2013, 10:38
Ah thank you Moira! :)
01 Jun 2013, 10:42
Count me in too.
My July/August holiday is fast approaching and I will need to buy some holiday clothes soon. All my summer clothes are miles too big, but I'm not complaining though.
I now need to start exercising and tone up this slimmer but flabby in parts body!
01 Jun 2013, 11:01
Hey Ballerina
Don't want to rain on your parade, so to speak, but here in SW France we've had rain for the last week, with hail yesterday! Forecast is for better weather starting next week.
If you can resist pain au choc, baguette and patisseries you are a better woman than me.
Passez un bon vacance
Lorna
01 Jun 2013, 11:08
I'm in, please
I had major back surgery last year, spent 2 months flat on my back, eating everything DH brought me. I'm more active now, but know I need to step up my exercise. During June I will do 30 minutes a day on my wii machine, swim as soon as the weather is warm enough (have a small outside pool) and walk in the orchard opposite twice a day. If I do this for a month maybe I can lift my fitness category fro sedentary to mobile...will get a few more calories a day that way!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 Next
213 posts Page 1 of 15