The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

62 posts Page 3 of 5
cindyls wrote: So whenever I see the scales hit a low number that I've never seen before.....I count it as a loss! Doesn't matter what time of day I see it, I'm counting it! I notice the the 'high' numbers on all of my multiple weighins have are getting lower and lower until I never see them again. So I know this is working,

That's exactly what I do! I really enjoy seeing a new low number on the scales and also if the highest weigh in of the week is lower than last week!
Does anyone know of a similar app to Libra that you can get on Blackberry?
I too am obsessed with weighing!!! And sulking today as I am 0.6lbs heavier than yesterday.
Dang!!
carorees wrote:
cindyls wrote: So whenever I see the scales hit a low number that I've never seen before.....I count it as a loss! Doesn't matter what time of day I see it, I'm counting it! I notice the the 'high' numbers on all of my multiple weighins have are getting lower and lower until I never see them again. So I know this is working,

That's exactly what I do! I really enjoy seeing a new low number on the scales and also if the highest weigh in of the week is lower than last week!

In that case, even with my PMS, I'm still good! :cool:
I'm another daily weighed and the trend line thing definitely makes sense..... Having browsed the App Store I've just downloaded a free app called healthcare which claims to do what sounds like libra.... Il report back for fellow iPhone users!
Cindyls,I also weigh twice a day now,that's me ,first no weighing now obsessive weighing
Anyway it is interesting that I can weigh less at end of day sometimes,than at the beginning .
Like you I count whatever the lowest weight is as my weight .as long as the trend is down i am happy.but it is so slow!
I always weigh the morning after a fast, bare naked after using the toilet, but before showering and before ANY food or drink has passed my lips. This way I aim for consistency, slightly artificial, but its consistent.
If I weigh myself that afternoon I will be 4lb up, by late evening of a feed day I could be 6lb's up, but its ignored.
There are plenty of reasons for weight bouncing like that. The water in your bladder and the cells of your body, water retention when its really bad. The contents of your stomach and gut alone can count for 2kg (4+lbs). For ladies the month hormonal swings can cause bloating and water retention. There are plenty of reasons for weight gain, it doesn't have to be fat gain.
Ok, am slightly confused, yesterday on the libra my expected date to reach goal according to my trend line was feb 2014 (a bit optimistic i felt but hey) today, after adding my weight, it is dec 14...yesterdays weight was 15 stone 8.5, todays 15 stone 7.3, so am slightly confused as to why that has happened!

I also seem to have lost the advert banner even without getting the paid for version! but hey ho!
It's very sensitive to the last few entries, so mine varies from Aug to never!
for those who are interested blackberry has a program called Weight Control which seems to do the same thing. I reluctantly paid £2.50 to download it last night but am glad I have done so!
Let the obsessive weighing continue xxx
This thread is Very interesting.

As some of you may remember, I decided to take four weeks off weighing, as I felt I was getting too obsessed by it (and I note what you say KenCC, but I felt it was bad for my mental health, which I also have to look after).

This has made me think though, and maybe I'll try Libra. Will go and read about it now, as I don't understand the trend line thingy.
It is very helpful the other way too. Because I'm getting fitter, I can exercise with more intensity and this week, I'm definitely not eating enough so today has been "operation eat more food day".

I want the trend to be a gentle 1 lb a week, not a sheer drop!
kencc - just to clear one thing up. I don't think daily weighing is bad, bad, bad.

It was just bad for me, now, or rather, then. I was obsessing so badly I got a bit worried about myself, and needed to break the habit.

I have now downloaded Libra as it sounds interesting, so I'll see how I go when I start weighing every day again.
BBT053 - me too, I seem to get to fast days at minimum weight recently and really need to eat more rather than less. At the moment I am trying to stick to a version of 16:8 that expects exercise in the morning before eating after 12:00 with no calorie restrictions but occasionally I have had to give in and eat first and exercise in the afternoon if then weather has not been acceptable.
In some ways this seems a bit artificial still calling it 5:2 but if the basic requirement is to get properly hungry before eating twice a week then I reckon it just about counts...
Are you doing 16:8 for 7 days a week Pete, or just 2 days?
62 posts Page 3 of 5