The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

108 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
I'm having trouble with my legs. They belong to a much slimmer person. I suspect alien abduction! I'm finding the excess fabric in my trousers unnerving.
Alymoosh wrote: but what size should I buy? Should I get them slightly too small for me just now so that I get longer out of them?

I have been an enthusiastic undersize buyer for so long I now have clothes in 4 different sizes.

But, when it gets to be a problem ie all my clothes have grown to big, to alleviate the problem in case it occurs again, I'm selling off everything on ebay (you get a premium price for really big stuff) and buying new sizes from ebay as well. I am not going to fork out decent money for clothes I will only be in for a few months.

Camel toe.... http://www.oddee.com/item_97291.aspx
Just catching up with the general threads after being away and this made me laugh, thank you for posting. :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
Seems many are worried about plateaus and inconsistent weight loss. Hope this will help.

PS Am on another plateau, but still another pair of trousers down!
I'm back in shorts that I last wore about 10 yrs ago. My two newish pairs of jeans are now too big which is great, haven't dared tried my smallest pair of jeans on yet. I certainly seem to be losing weight in a much smoother fashion than other diets, its odd but wonderful.
Hi Simcoeluv

Great that you've had such results... albeit painstakingly slow!
I wanted to thank you for posting an excellent article recently. (edited to remove discussion of extended fasting)

Anyway, thanks again!

Ana

Dear Ana:
Please note that this community decided as a group not to support discussion of extended fasting on this site. I have edited your post accordingly. Thank you.
Tracieknits, I did not directly refer to extended fasting. I don't think there are any children on this forum. Honestly, this censorship is ridiculous!!!
How many darn trousers do you need?? - let that door close and go open a new one at the store - yippee for you. I have lost a little over 14 pounds - very slow but that is all good since I am going down and not up or staying the same, better than most of my life - so we all need to pat ourselves on the back.
Even worst for this diet is it costs a fortune ....... ON NEW CLOTHES YIPPEE 19.6 KILOS DOWN LOVE IT .
I got rid of huge piles of size 14 clothes when I first majorly lost weight 7 years ago (to a 10-12). I then did the same when I lost weight in the run up to my wedding 2 years ago (I'd put some on then lost to a size 8-10) and now I'm losing the extra stone I put on since the wedding and am starting get into clothes that have been lying dormant in the wardrobe for over a year. I have also over the years not really understood what clothes suited my body shape and have got rid of more clothes that I didn't feel comfortable in. Not surprising really given my body shape must have changed a lot in that time!

This time I fully intend to stay at my goal (only a few pounds to go and to be honest if I maintained at this weight I wouldn't be unhappy) as I now know how to do it without constantly denying myself (although I said exactly the same the last two times) and I'm starting to get a feel more for what clothes suit me. And as I'm now in my 30s, hopefully I can get more classics that will last year, so I'm hoping to finally stop having to keep getting rid of bad buys and clothes that no longer fit.
I still have my denim bikers jacket from,,, wait for it.... 1982/1983 in a UK size 12. Sometime, late next year, I will wear it with pride.

As for the rest of the wardrobe, I will be putting a lovely longline linen jacket on ebay soon, that I only wore once last summer as it now drowns me. I think most of my swimsuits are now too big, I will have a try on tomorrow and see where I am. I will be sorry to see the cream leather jacket go as well, I saved for 2 months to get that. But there are still clothes lurking at the back of the wardrobe, waiting for their time in the lime light. I don't think I will be buying new for a while.
Great thread...I should have read this before my melt down (in the wrong way) in May...back on the plan now and three fasts done...just over a kilo gone, taking me back to where I was, nearly, when I abandoned you all.

My clothing goal is a dear little summer dress that I wore when I went for my first date with hub to be, 14 years ago this week! He kept it, soppy old romantic, and I shall keep going for having it back. Though I might be wearing it on Xmas day at the 5:2 rate.

Anyway, feeling encouraged.
A wonderful thread simcoeluv that I almost didn't read because of the title :grin:
Its lovely that you also have misbehaving clothes & have joined the finding things in the back of the wardrobe brigade that are too big to wear. I am a slow loser of weight but keep plodding on & I am 2lbs away from losing 2 stone (14lbs) since Christmas. I have kept loads of my smaller clothes & have fun trying them on to see if they fit yet & many are now too big so what to do? keep them in case weight goes back on? Or be optimistic & give them to charity?
I'm a very devoted student at Murphy's School of Law. I keep everything that I DON'T want to wear again because I know that as soon as I throw them away, I will put on weight.
It's like packing a brolly when going on a holiday. It never rains of you do... :-)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
108 posts Page 5 of 8