The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

108 posts Page 4 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
I really enjoyed your post as it sums up a lot of what I have been feeling. After a great start to the WOE where I seemed to be losing weight easily i got close to a mental milestone for me which was getting under 70kg. I have hovered around that mark for all of May and June. So much so that I stopped weighing myself and also stopped entering data in the tracker. I can see some reasons for my slower losses/gains in this stalled period which relates to weekends away where eating and alcohol consumption far exceeded what I would normally consume. So my non fast days were hardly normal days. I am normally obliged to attend several functions every week which plays havoc with me especially when my hosts from various countries would be offended if I did not partake of food they have prepared. This is one of the main reasons that this WOE appealed to me as other methods of calorie restriction were very difficult given these circumstances. The other reasons were the possible real health gains and the slow weight loss. I did not want a lot of droopy skin, I may be wrong but I feel like if I exercise and lose weight slowly that this may be avoided somewhat. Not really sure if this is true though. I have kept reminding myself of my desire for a slower weight loss over the last several weeks and finally the weight is starting to decrease again albeit a bit slower and I finally made it into the 60s today albeit by 200 grams. Bt I have also

lost 10 cm from my waist (measured at belly button level, not the thinnest part)

lost 7cm from my thighs and 4 and a half cm from my arms (these were from a bit after I started the diet so possibly even more lost.

Clothes I could barely fit into are now loose. I am wearing clothes that I had stored away and feeling a bit better about myself. I still have a long way to go, but this helps remind me to keep going. My New Years resolution was to lose 1 kg per month and I hope to achieve this (I started in February on my quest to lose weight).

I rarely post, but read here a lot. Post like this thread help keep me going. Thanks. I also enjoyed your link to the article about fasting.
Healthier:

Thank you! You are why I do this. Please, stick with 5:2! :clover:
Just had to take in a favorite summer skirt that I bought ages ago and wore lots back then until by last year had become too tight. Yesterday it would not stay up so had to take in 1 inch on each side!
I'm too in the slow weightloss camp to avoid droopy skin. I am watching my apron with interest! :-)

I bought a size down pair just to tide me over, was running around with some kids at the gym and nearly lost them!

I've never been a size 14 ever so it might be interesting to see if I fit them in linen trews. Tho I will say sizes have got bigger as the 16's from 12 years ago are still too snug. :cool:
Sooooo true simcoeluv. I seem to b agonising and soul searching about how to do it better, faster smoother but somehow never give up -and whilst I'm busy doing that those crafty clothes are very slowly and sneakily, without any fanfare, getting bigger! Never been on a diet like it.
gillymary wrote: This thread prompted me to try on a skirt which I had brought 20 years ago folks, when I was my slim self just before the confluence of issues which led to my weight gain. The skirt a beautiful item hardly worn I packed away, so out of the trunk it came and yesterday and granted, with a suck of my breath, up came the zipper. Waahoo! Right now a tad tight for comfort but could be my goal size

Amazed and amazing 16 short weeks ago this was just not possible. Pants falling down just rocks

That's a good idea.. we all find trousersr or a skirt that we managed to save despite our conviction to not hoard. Im sure everyone has one. and monthly we step into it and see if the zip comes up. (and the trousers/skirt doesnt fall down). I shall go and hunt out whats lurking in my cupboard. and hang it up outside in sight, as a visual motivator.
I have to large a range of clothes to have to buy new yet, but most of my favourites now need belts, plus I seem to be losing weight more evenly this time. All other diets start at the top making me look haggard in the face, and eventually, if I have held out long enough, reach my thighs, where I feel a lot of my weight resides. This one, the trousers are loosening at the thighs as well as the waist.
I am going to try on the trousers that gave me camel toe last year and see what they look like now.
For those of you with puzzled looks. :wink:
This thread made me laugh and gives me hope.

My weightloss has been painfully slow to almost non-existent but I have lost an inch off my waist. I will keep going and it will work eventually.
I have the same problem. I started 5:2 in order to avoid buying a new wardrobe of (bigger) clothes, but now I need to shop anyway (for a smaller size). I hate shopping. The good news, though, is that my old belts fit again, so my now too big pants don't actually fall down. You should have been trying those favorite trousers on regularly--there were probably a few days when they would have fit and you missed them.
Hi Grannyc camel toe is that anatomical obviousness that women have in the crotch when our trousers are to tight.......
Like this thread! For Christmas 18 months ago my sister in law gave me a lovely posh mountain hardware fleece in a miniscule size which I have still yet to wear outside the house. When I got it I had been slim as it was only a few months after my wedding (when she had last seen me) but even after 3 months it was too small.

I can now just about get it on but I feel like a blue sausage about to burst out of the skin. My waist and tummy seem to have learned the knack of getting smaller but my arms are steadily refusing to play ball. But I will still keep putting the fleece on and one day...one day!!... I will wear it!
Growing trousers is a real problem that I was not warned of when undertaking this diet. I've always had a bit of a habit of buying too many pairs of jeans. The result being that I have just taken 11 pairs of trousers to the charity shop, and even the remaining ones do not really fit me, even those trousers that I had kept, thinking "I'll keep those as I'll probably lose weight soon" are now too big. I look like a child wearing his dad's clothes! New wardrobe to be purchased after I've been on holiday.... but what size should I buy? Should I get them slightly too small for me just now so that I get longer out of them?
Alymoosh wrote: but what size should I buy? Should I get them slightly too small for me just now so that I get longer out of them?

Thats what I do - partly 'cos I've always worn clothes a bit too small for me, as I always have been on an optimistic diet :bugeyes:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
108 posts Page 4 of 8