The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

105 posts Page 7 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Magic times @CandiceMarie :cool: @Brand-ie yeh! Missed you being with us recently, know you are a busy bean, hope all is well :smile: x
Happy belated Birthday @WarriorPrincess

I'm 4lb down this week so that is a total of 12lb since starting my low-carb regime 3 weeks ago!
12lbs in 3 wks @Madcatlady - that is so awesome! What do you mean by low-carb, & do you feel OK?
I just worked out that 2,000 calories a day is 14,000 a week. As eating 3,500 cals fewer than you use should result in 1lb lost ... and I'm sure you said you haven't been living in the gym ... you can have eaten nothing in 3 weeks!
As this cannot be - how did you do it?!
@WarriorPrincess - I've eaten loads - but try to restrict carbs to 50g or less a day so have had NO bread, potato, pasta, cake or biscuits at all. Very little alcohol which I think also helps a lot. Eating lots of chicken (with skin!), courgettes sauteed in butter, garlic mushrooms, brie, full-fat milk. I'm probably in ketosis but can't be bothered to buy the little sticks to pee on to find out (although I could use my husband's diabetic meter, as it also has this function but I don't like pricking my finger!). Just hoping it keeps working for me!
Madcatlady wrote: Happy belated Birthday @WarriorPrincess

I'm 4lb down this week so that is a total of 12lb since starting my low-carb regime 3 weeks ago!

Well done @Madcatlady just a matter of finding your best fit isn't it! :victory:

I've challenged myself and smacked my butt. Inspired my your great recent losses I'm putting it out there that I'm logging every food every day for a fortnight to get my head back into the right place. Prob is I've lost my appetite of late and probably not been eating enough, that with excess running and eating higher fat I've not been feeling hungry.
Squash soup, meatballs with mozzarella filling now cooking away in my kitchen.
Nothing to report this week as too full of coughs and sneezes to go and get weighed.
On the plus side,havent wanted to eat much,on minus side, almost completely immobile ..no exercise apart from blowing nose :confused: x
Hope everyone is having a good week and try to avoid all the colds and tummy bugs going around x
I think I need new scale batteries (hopefully not scales!) before I can weigh in this week - the scales were all over the place yesterday - from being the same as previous to too good to be true! I wait with bated breath!
@Madcatlady oh no! Fingers crossed its blooming batteries. If it is not, go for yer trouser fit for now x :heart:
I may not be losing weight (I may be, but probably not - will report on Monday), but I'm getting fitter - just ran my first ever chip-timed 10k in 66min 19secs, despite being 3 days in to a horrid cold. Just a few weeks back I didn't think I'd got 10k in me; even last night I wasn't sure I was going to try. So glad I did! Have now taken up residence on the sofa for the rest of the day ... us sporting heroes need our down-time!
I've stayed the same this week - trying not to be disappointed!
Has this challenge been forgotten and the Christmas one taken over??????? I'm unashamedly copying my post from that thread to here, edited to take account of the different loss for the different timeframe!

Hello all - pleased to report I have lost 2lb this week so that's 1 stone 3lb so far. I'm not fasting as such but doing low-carb so I tend to just have a snack at lunchtime then an evening meal. My appetite is greatly suppressed and I am hardly touching alcohol, which I think is a big help! Onwards and downwards!
Hi @Madcatlady the Xmas challenge has been launched, so yes we are transferring over our goals of 13 November to the thread! Wow, 17 of these wonderful whoppers so far :fat: well done. Good to hear reducing carbs is working for you too :clover: :victory:
Hi all. we are 4 weeks into the Christmas challenge. Please come and join the group .. we have 33 keen starters already and 4kg lost in the 3 weeks.. and a bit more from what I can see in recent posts.

here is the thread..
5-2-diet-chat-f6/preregister-to-join-the-christmas-2015-supa-challenge-t14546.html
Rthree and a half pound so far on the S to F challenge..need to scoot over to JRS tent to report it x
Sorry been a bit frantic here with holidays and other stuff going on plus I had a weird virus which made me feel like I was sea sick. Haven't lost anything but hopefully will get back on it this week. Have a new fitbit to keep me on track.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
105 posts Page 7 of 7