The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

105 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
That's a shame @WarriorPrincess - @Carieoates and myself are very close to Ely!

Hope you enjoy your time in this neck of the woods - maybe another time!
@
Madcatlady wrote: That's a shame @WarriorPrincess - @Carieoates and myself are very close to Ely!

Hope you enjoy your time in this neck of the woods - maybe another time!

@WarriorPrincess that's such a shame I can walk to Ely from my house seriously you're so close. On the train you can actually see my house.
I'm in! New to the forum and back to 5:2 after years off of it. I did great with it a couple years ago and want to get back there. Looking for 15 pound loss by Christmas (but would love to lose 20!)
Checking in at 11st 3.5 - unfortunately, if predictably, I think that's 1lb more than last week. Hopefully I'll drop the pound by next Mon ...
My first weigh in of the SIF challenge..only a pound down but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
Havent Time to catch up,will be back to read everyones efforts xx good luck All xx!
@CandiceMarie so, so. Our lovely SueQ (x) helped me- don't rush your journey, take your time to enjoy and celebrate, if your weight sticks, don't panic just enjoy it, just like life :heart: :heart:
Hello friends
I'm sure you have seen the Xmas challenge thread conversation and that we will fold our challenge into that. I think it's important you register your initial SIF goal so you record your accomplishment/journey from Sept till 20 Dec.
Shout out if you have any Q's.
:clover:
Hi Liz@lizbean you are right,and thanks for the reminder
We must enjoy each day to the max as weare NOW...no good putting life on hold til we're ' slim enough'
Good old @sue.Q i still miss her loads..plscome back one day SuzieQ!
Also @lizbean thanks for making good point re SIF / Xmas challenge journey..so in effect,we are setting our sights until 21 Dec,from 9 Sept..but just taking it in two chunks? First chunk ending 13 Nov..sixweeks away now? X friday 13th? Warrrrgh! :lol:
@CandiceMarie Thx x, I miss SueQ's wonderful advice and sense of humour/being :heart: . like you do. For our forum friends, SueQ left our forum to attend to her family.
Hi @cwarrior my advice is just eat what you would normally enjoy in autumn but be mindful you eat good carbs and watch your portion size. Last year I upped the veggies to compensate my reduction of carbs. Yes, soups, casseroles with a good balance of protein. I increase oily fish, mackerel, herring, salmon, sardines, anchovies for omega-3s. Also Flaxseed, hemp, canola and walnut oils are all rich sources.
I've also decided to invest in a lamp(s) for the family. Yet to research the best reviews. It would be great to be able to change the home/work light bulbs instead! :clover:

Thanks for the ideas @Lizbean!
I lost two weeks ago, but stuck on 76.2kg two weeks in a row. Haven't gained though, so still within goal. It's the first time since I started fasting that I haven't lost, probably due to a) not eating well (i.e. healthily) on feed days and b) being less active. However, I know (from reading the forums) that weight fluctuates, so I'm not going to let it get me down. Onwards and downwards!
Feed day today after a successful fast yesterday :)
Lizbean wrote: Hello friends
I'm sure you have seen the Xmas challenge thread conversation and that we will fold our challenge into that. I think it's important you register your initial SIF goal so you record your accomplishment/journey from Sept till 20 Dec.
Shout out if you have any Q's.
:clover:

Thank you Lizbean for your work here on SIF. Yes, 15 members thus far on the Christmas challenge.. Come and join us there too even if you are doing SIF. Double motivation! here is the link. 5-2-diet-chat-f6/preregister-to-join-the-christmas-2015-supa-challenge-t14546.html
[quote=
Also @lizbean thanks for making good point re SIF / Xmas challenge journey..so in effect,we are setting our sights until 21 Dec,from 9 Sept..but just taking it in two chunks? First chunk ending 13 Nov..sixweeks away now? X friday 13th? Warrrrgh! :lol:[/quote]
Well, I'd definitely like to take it in 2 chunks--the first one from the left him and the second from the right hip. :lol:
I'd like to be closer to the 500 cals/day for my fast(s), but I'm having a little trouble hitting that mark. But, tomorrow is a new day and a new fast. :clover: :cool:
Hi All - I've lost track a bit but have lost 8lb in the last 2 weeks - hoping to see it keep dropping, if not at such a rate!
Madcatlady wrote: Hi All - I've lost track a bit but have lost 8lb in the last 2 weeks - hoping to see it keep dropping, if not at such a rate!

Jaw hits floor in amazement :like: :like: :like:
Madcatlady : Wow you are doing great. Did you do anything different these past two weeks?
I keep gaining and losing the same 2 lbs. these past three weeks.........
For some reason every time I see a loss I tend to sabotage myself. I need to get off this merry go round.
Tomorrow is a fast day for me so hopefully I can get back on track..
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
105 posts Page 5 of 7