The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

83 posts Page 4 of 6
I'm going to try to do the same as last year - fast on Christmas eve (my fast dinner will be fillet steak, homemade wedges, veg and a little cheese sauce - probably nearer 600 cals), fasting on the 27th and then back to usual Mon/Thu fasts. On my feed days I'll indulge in all the usual Christmas naughties - chocs, cakes, cheese etc but my norm over Christmas is to nibble these things (and fruit) during the day and not have a breakfast/lunch as such. Dinners will be lovely healthy veg & protein based, probably bubble & squeak from Christmas leftovers. It worked well for me last year, I didn't feel I missed out at all and I came out half a pound lighter after the 2 weeks of festivities :)
I'll be fasting on Monday and Friday (norm for me) and not worry about the non-fast days too much. I love the fact that I can't eat anywhere near the amount I put away last year. I hope I don't gain too much. I like the sound of a January Xmas gains club, count me in. :)
Dee
One thing will make everything way easier than usual, I don't crave chocolate and other sweets this year. I didn't buy anything yet, not even prepared my usual homemade sweets and truffles. In fact, I even struggle with what we'll eat on Christmas eve and New Years eve. Maybe a lobster bisque and a roasted Victoria pineapple
I shall fast on the Monday 21st then I'm afraid to say I will be eating and drinking merrily away with no guilt whatsoever! Its Xmas guys !!! I'm sure that one week out of 52 isn't going to do too much harm and with this WOE you can so easily get back on in the New Year! In my opinion Life is too short not to enjoy food and drink at Xmas !!

I will now crawl back in my box LOL
I'm going to start work on the Christmas schedule and menus tomoz, an epic job, but i love it :grin:

I'll work out what meal skipping I can slip in, without affecting the plans. Hopefully a full fast on 23rd at work will get me off to a good start,
Think I'm with Minigill on this one and have a two week 'break' but know I will probably not overindulge and there will probably be a couple of 16:8 as that is the way my body seems to prefer it.
Agree with another comment that its nice not to dread the coming festivities only thinking of how much you can/have eaten. Nice knowing probably won't be able to eat that much and Jan will bring increased vigour!
Merry Christmas everyone!
I have two choices; I may fast on the Monday 23rd December as normal but change the second day to Saturday 28th or I may step into the realms of 16:8 for Christmas week which may be easier. Not sure yet, I will decide nearer the time but for one week if I go off the rails it's not going to kill me. I don't tend to pig out anyway and my fat and carbs levels are always kept relatively low as I dont eat cakes etc.
First I have really thought about it. I have family arriving from Saturday 21st and the last lot leaving on the next Friday or Saturday so I wont fast for that week. Hopefully will get back on track by the next week.
It will be very nice to go into Christmas without the stress of already carrying more kilos than I want and worrying about putting more on. This time I know it comes off again.
Sadly I think I'm going to have to put fasting on hold for 2 and a half weeks from the 20th Dec to 6th Jan as my husband will be on leave and we have family visiting. They all enjoy their food and wine and I can't see I'll find an opportunity to quietly fast. I just hope I can stay sensible enough not to undo all my hard work!
My regular fast days are Monday and Thursday although I do shift them around when I need to. I'm actually not planning to fast over Christmas although technically Boxing Day should be a fast for me. I'm fairly confident I'll eat less all round anyway as I tend to do so on feed days now. I just don't want to deny myself cake or other treats (which I so rarely eat anyway) - I have two stollen waiting to be devoured already. I'll pick up fasting again by New Year.
I don't know. If I do, it will most likely be a go-with-the-flow type of fast if I feel like it and the opportunity arises when we aren't doing anything. But Christmas for us is very much a time to spend with family and friends, enjoying food and drink, and we normally manage to do that without feeling guilty about it. I don't want to feel like I 'ought' to fast or whatever. So I think it's likely we'll just be relaxed and pick up again after Jan 1st, and not worry about it.
Oh no, @Vildekhaya, I didn't realise that Boxing Day was a Thursday. I am a rigid Monday Thursday faster (best days for sure) but I never move them because it seems to throw everything out. All I can say is, "Thank God it's not a Thursday Christmas." Good luck. Keep going.
Fasting on Monday 23rd, which will be different being at home and not distracted by work. Then moving Thursday to Friday 27th. I think this will help me keep momentum as I'm fairly new to this!
Minigill wrote: Being realistic.... 23rd to 2nd Jan, a fast isn't going to happen. 2nd is first day back at work so thats a defo fast.

I will be able to pop some 16/8's in which I don't actually do now. Got a couple of days where I can be more careful in the day, but I can't see myself being silly either over the festive time.

1. I can't eat as much !
2. I don't want to feel bloated or stuffed!
3. Get some walks in!

Of course, the beauty of this WoE is everyone can pick it back up in the new year, throw in additional days, be a bit stricter on the feast days, lots of options for everyone :like:

I imagine there could be a January club to loose the xmas gain :wink: :grin:

I fully agree. I shall fast on the 23 rd and the following Monday and Thursday and trying to be mindful of what I eat in between. I shall probably miss the odd breakfast here and there. Good luck to everyone and have a happy Christmas.
I've decided to plan ahead. I'm going to fast on Monday 23rd then stick to my TDEE on the non-fasting days that follow, then fast again on Friday 27th. I've only just begun the 5:2 and I don't want to ruin the good start I've made by eating and drinking too many lovelies - I don't want to have to cover old ground again either!

Good luck though and Happy Christmas!
83 posts Page 4 of 6