The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

83 posts Page 2 of 6
Looking at the calendar and being realistic my last planned fast will be the 18th anything after that will be a bonus, until 6th January. I'm not going to stress over it though,just go with the flow.
Since I started in April I've always done Mondays and Thursdays and I don't see any reason to change it. The rest of the time I will enjoy food with abandon.
I'm flying to the states for a week. Last time I was with family I managed to squeeze a few fasts in, but I'm not too worried if I dont. There won't be any impediments to fasting while I'm in Japan, so I won't be off track for long.
I'm going to eat everything I want on the holidays. That's why I love this WOL, I don't have to hide from the treats. I am still hoping to fit in two fasts a week, haven't quite got the dates yet. Depends on when we have visitors.
We're planning on normal fasting on the Mondays (23rd and 30th). Skipping our normal Thursday fast on Boxing Day as we will be visiting my parents who can't be with us on Christmas Day (I normally host so our young boys can be at home with their presents). My dad has end-stage vascular dementia (which is the main reason I started this WOE). He's now confined to his bed, so they won't be able to come to us on Christmas Day.

I may well skip breakfast on Boxing Day or other days if I'm not hungry, but doubt if hubby will. Other events mean we won't be fasting over the weekend in between.

We'll be back to our normal Thursday fast on the 2nd Jan, so all in all we are only missing one fast. My mother-in-law is a die in the wool Slimming World fan (and it works for her) She thinks of Christmas as the 'fat period' and all brakes are off and then she loses it all afterwards. She loves her sweet treats, including crappy chocolates. For me though I don't want mass-production milk chocolate any more and don't even fancy a glass of Baileys. I shall just eat enough and not too much. I don't feel the need to gorge anymore, which is the best thing that this WOE has given me.
Probably will fast on Monday 23rd and then instead of Thursday as usual will push it to Friday 27th. And like you Sallyo on the other days will eat what ever I like! This time of year in the antipodes will be salads and quiche and seafood and strawberries and cherries and apricots and peaches and raspberries and nuts, with snow peas and baby zucchini from the garden.... Maybe some chocolate and mango sorbet ice cream?
Can you tell that I'm fasting today as I write this! :oops:
Being realistic Xmas Eve is taken up, so is Xmas Day of course, then Boxing Day is another family day too. Then the day after is mine and hubby's wedding anniversary, so another meal is on the cards. I will be fasting on the 23rd and the 28th (and probably the 29th too and maybe half fasts all the way to New Year to get rid of the bloat.... joking)

@Judio I think I would prefer your menu to what is normal fayre here.
I would like to say I am going to stick to two fasts a week but in reality when I'm relaxing and off of work and school for two weeks, I doubt I will.

I will be weighing daily though and if things start to creep up rapidly, I know that that will make me think twice for the next couple of days and although I probably won't fast, I will think twice about having another cracker and dip!

I'm not even thinking about losing weight, to maintain would be lovely, but if I put on a pound or two over the whole festive period that will be OK. Anymore I'll be a bit annoyed with myself.

Lil :heart:
I'm with Sallyo; Monday and Thursday looks like it will fit in just fine.
We have two days at Christmas plus I get another on the 24th from employer. I'm eating full out on the 24th, 25th and 26th - and fasting on the 23rd and 27th. I'll be happy to come out 'even', i.e. no weight gain.
Hmm- yes, I will fast on the 23rd as usual on a Monday, then I'm planning to try to fast on Boxing Day.
I will at least do 16:8 as we have family arriving Boxing Day night for 6 nights and I won't be able to fast whilst entertaining.
Hopefully the Christmas Day leftovers will still be around for the 27th! Oops, not the right way to think?
I'm actually feeling much happier about this Christmas food-wise as the guilt is gone- and I'll look much nicer in a sleeveless dress on what is usually a hot day :wink:
From New Years Day, back to normal 5:2.
I will probably do Monday/Friday that week as that Saturday I'm off to Scotland to see Jamie. While I'm there I'm not sure I'll be "fasting" but I'll try, at the very least 16:8
My lean days are Mon and Fri so I'll stick to that in Xmas week. In the 2 weeks before that I have social things on the Friday so I'll move the lean day to Thursday. I'll eat and drink as much as I want on the other days. I did this last year and lost over the holidays.
Big meal planned for Xmas eve, so I'll skip breakfast and lunch that day. Probably skip breakfast on Xmas day as there'll be plenty to eat for the rest of the day, then again no breakfast on boxing day and prob skip lunch too. Same kind of plan for new year! Normal 16:8 on all other days!
I normally do my repair days Mon and Wed. The Mondays will be no problem but the Wednesdays will. Depending on how things go I will either fit in another repair day through the two weeks or another two 1/2 fasts. My problem is we are going on a ski holiday on the 5th Jan so I must keep the weight off for that.
83 posts Page 2 of 6